Open PTR feedback

+
Why can't we have ALL leaders with 5 mulligan points? They're not cards with power on the battlefield anymore, they will not change our number of points in a round. You don't play leaders on the board, you just use their abilities. So, if our leaders have no power on the board - they could have equal points for mulligan and it will not affect your score.
i totally disagree. because leaders lost is strenght and playability there has to be some other aspect to tweak the overall power of the leader. Some leaderabilities are just much more powerfull than others, arachas queen for example is really powerfull in a consume-deck and even in a hybrid deck it is more powerfull then, lets say Brouver. The thing is, in a consumedeck you dont need much mulligans, you can exchange the cards püretty easiely, there isnt a keycard (besides slyhards maybe)

After playing 5 hrs into new Gwent:
First of all I really like the concept of what this game has become. That's add more challenge and lot's of variations of decks.
I understand that it is a PTR but there is little time left to the release so I hope you will deal with all bugs and problems that everyone encounter.
For my experience:
Some cards have same mechanic but different arts like Wyvern and Wolf Pack (both beasts and deal 2 damage with 2 stats). Not sure if this must be like that.
I think add 1 mulligan after round end for all leaders would be good.
My favorite Shupe is very hard to play with this deck size and little cards for deck rotation. And some his abilities looks very weak, like shupe mage - almost all his abilities can harm you but not the enemy. Please, give him some love.
I can't find artifacts and special cards in collections using search. They have no category on them.
Card's effects like immune, locked looks very meh... on the card, wish you return big chains that covers the whole card, for immune add some like glowing effect. Also add effects for cards with deathwish so you can see on a card that it has deathwish. Also card's for different rows, please help me not use mele cards on range row.
I don't like unlock mechanic, using lock untis to unlock your or enemy's cards sound better for me.

That's it for now, I was lucky not encounter with some serious bugs and my PC run the game pretty good.

Hello!
I would like to report a bug/issue.
Im playing on PTR with NG - Ursurper deck.
I played against NR - Adda deck.
My combo i was holding on my hand: Serrit + Auckes
The enemy put Kaedweni Revenant (Spectre, Soldier) on the field.
While holding Serrit on my hand i played Auckes on the field and locked his Kaedweni Revenant.
After that my enemy played his second Kaedweni Revenant from the hand. Not locked/ no effects.
Guess this is not workign as suggested.

Thank you

I am unfortunately not at all excited by this new version of the game. I played two days, I tried several decks ... It's slow, boring, the new game mechanics are absolutely not intuitive, too much actions that should be automatic are no longer, cards with delay is a bad idea and kills the pace of the game. :confused:

Come back to a gameplay closer to the one before that, please, for now it's just painful and not very competitive. :cry:

R3, Oppo burns his card with Vilgeforz into buffed beforehand by Albricht 19 STR Tibor. I had Bronzes in my deck, I had Golds.

Didn't get EITHER.

Lost me the game.

I hit the big X in the top right corner.

Great experience. GG.

Cons:
1) Please, make board a little bit lighter - this version feels too dark.
2) RNG element should be reduced. When you can make plans about your game, it is much better.
3) 10 cards limit should be taken away.
4) Make animations faster, game feels really slow.
5) Please, change or remove usurper. Not fun at all.

Pros:
1) New visuals are really great.
2) Possibility of taking other steps than just playing cards in each round feels good.
3) New archetypes are pretty interesting - only one thing - they should be more apparent.
4) Really like new mulligan system and provision system (needs just some more balancing but idea is great).

some bugs
  • Crach's emotes are missing
  • Abaya's tooltip is wrong (It says trigger a bronze ally's deathwish, but it can trigger gold ones as well)
  • Unit with doomed after being killed still triggers deathwish (don't know if it's intended)
  • Crach can attack allies aswell (if intended then tooltip is wrong)

Last edited:
In my opinion one of the best new thing is a hand limit + card draw after a round.

First of all, rounds finally matters. When I start to play on round 1 I had to plan whole game till round 3. Thinking - play 3 worst card in round 1, and other 3 in round 2 is bad, and it will be auto lose against those players which know what You doing. I don't get why people comlaining, without hand limit and card draw after round only round 3 matter in Gwent - like right now.

Second, a card advantage - which is a big issue in current version of Gwent - isn't a big thing any more. Current when You auto win with card advantage isn't good, because all other strategy and tactics maybe indifferent.

So keep going CDP. You done a great work!

Guest 4331186

Just downladed Open PTR, but as I start the game I can't see any of the main menu "buttons" and graphics (apart from the corner small icons).

Also no cards are visible, neither in loading screens or in decks.

Anyone has similar problems?
sure i have this problems too! can it be resolved?

Warning. The following is a two cent donation.

A few problems I've detected and will now share with you all.

1. I can't be bothered downloading the test version.
2. From the feedback I've read and the releases it's clear there is a utter lack of guns, tits, zombies and explosions. Really missed the mark there.
3. A wise person once said, "Every game should have a jump button". I haven't found it yet but I'm sure it ain't there.

Based on those three points, clearly it's a failure.

Fin

1) New artifact cards are too OP. Nerf plz.
2) Emhir is too weak
3) Eitne is OP
4) Adda is weak. Henselt too.
5) Reveal is RNG. It is bad
6) Weather is unplayble.
Post automatically merged:

Game is VERY DARK. Plz change it.

I noticed that when you emote with leaders like leshen or filavandrel they talk in strange languages and the subtitles dont translate. Im not sure what the opponent sees at this point but not knowing whats being emoted about seems pretty useless.
Also every time after leshen ability is used i get extreme noise where i guess some leshen emote should be.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Okay, as much as I love the new look of the game and CDPR certainly delivered on their “dark, grimy” atmosphere promise, the game seems to have lost its charm for me. I loved the tavern theme of the game and it was just a light, relaxing game to play and enjoy. Now, I feel that it has a harsh atmosphere with dark, ominous music, so it has definitely lost that aspect of fun for me.
However, the actual gameplay is pretty good, I love the new card designs and the whole two-row change seems to really work. I played Scoia’tael yesterday and had a lot of fun with it. Overall, I think it’s still a solid game that I’ll probably still play a lot but it’s certainly not the game I loved and played before. Still a good job though CDPR, props to you guys for delivering on your promises and I look forward to playing it (and Thronebreaker) on launch

Main problem of HC is deck incosistancy and RNG
CDPR plz remember what you was talking about in open letter from Marcin Iwiński and the development team :
  • Focusing on skill and player agency
We heard you discussing the “Create” mechanic. At first, we thought it would be an interesting addition to the game, but — as time passed — we realized that this form of wide RNG is not something that fits our focus on player skill. We will be extra careful with these types of mechanics in the redesign process. That said, if we manage to find some cards interesting enough to include, but ‘too crazy for Ranked’, they will still have their place in Arena and Casual Mode.

And now on PTR you butchered almost all tutors,look at this vid:

RNG desided who would win this match,he just didnt find Igni.

Or Reveal archetype - its pure RNG and copy-paste from HS. Things like that shouldnt b present in game where main focus is on player skill.

All those who advice CDPR to fix the existing Gwent and give up on HC, please stop doing it. It is not going to happen. You are wasting your time typing it and making others waste time by reading it. Instead give feedback about how to make HC good.

The problem is they won't fix HC! It's most likely gonna stay 90% the same as it is now. A washed-out version of an exciting card game, for casuals who cannot tell a good CCG from a mediocre one.

The only solution to this crappy situation is to keep the old Gwent (preferably the pre-Midwinter build) for the competitive part of the community, enable modding and controlled content creation, and leave the HC design for TB and its expansions (HC+TB in one package).

Some cards don't work as intended, they either use their deploy ability on the wrong row or they interact strangely with other cards and leader abilities.

To give you an example from a recent match I played, I had a dol blathanna sentry on the board which is supposed to boost itself by 1 for each enemy that appears. At some point I used Brouver's ability, I moved some enemy units around a couple of times and each time I moved them, the sentry would boost itself.

I also saw a guy boost a non-deathwish unit with a siren once.

Some cards don't use their deploy ability when played from the deck rather than the hand, even though it's not specified that that should be the case.

Unbenannt.jpg

Infinite Loading Screen since my PC crashed during deckbuilder on Friday. Restarting, uninstall/reinstall, verifying game files, making a new account, nothing helped. I'm out of ideas. I know of one other guy with the same problem.

I think you are on the right path with Homecoming. But there are a few elementary aspects from non PTR Gwent that are missing:
  • Old Gwent feels more lighthearted. I think you overdid a little with the dark theme. It feels too serious and loosing a match feels more depressing.
  • I like the change of pace in the background music. But that should either happen earlier or more often in a match. It would be nice if there were also fast paced tracks that resemble W3 Gwent music. I also like the new background music, but its missing variation.
  • The pace feels slow sometimes. This could also be a result of the slow music and the overall theme.
  • I get the impression that I have to use at least two tactical themes to build a successful deck. Most likely thats a result of the restriction to two card copies. Its not that bad to have just two copies of a card in deck, but that resulting problem has to be solved.

Top Bottom