Open PTR server is now live!

+
Agreed, should be a version for PC and another one for mobile. I'm really looking forward to a version for mobile phones. I will upgrade my phone if that happens haha

Omg cdpr nerfed my deck again! Wiley cant destroy ambushes, regis cant destroy olaf, artefact compresion cant destroy werewolfs, muzle cant pull roach.
and the bears have unbearable tempo...
:eredinfacepalm:

foreverwedo;n10030221 said:
I've seen that there is a !Temp folder in Gwent folder. So it might not to download again when switching versions.
Unfortunately it starts everytime a download at switching between current and new build.

If we download PTR, will we have to download the new patch seperately when released or will PTR be modified and applied to main game with a smaller patch? I'm asking because I have a very limited bandwidth and don't want to waste it with double 2,7+ GB's of download.

It looks a bit Hearthstone-y, the new game :) The effects, they remind me of that a lot. I think the old ones were better and the way the game flowed. Also, create should be 4 different cards randomly selected, with 3, the risk of RNG ruining your day is too much. In the meantime I'll be trying to make conceal work ;) I don't have enough room for its units in my reveal deck

Tir_na_Lia;n10028331 said:
The new UI's graphic is horrible.

Cards are cut to squares (instead of rectangles) and the game board itself is smaller, the results are that after a little while eyes start to hurt...you often have to painfully narrow your eyes to understand what is what.
Also, the cropped cards are much worse to see than the original. Probably because the original art was thought for a rectangle.
It's a waste of otherwise spectacular animated art, this version.
I think we cannot truly appreciate it in square size.

During the game the cards move too quickly, reaching their row in a nick of time which is much less beautiful to view than now.
A smooth movement (even if fast) from hand to board would be much better.
The speed of the cards, too, tires the eyes a bit.

Mulligan and the window which opens upon Create ability is rather bland, looks like a hard downgrade.
I understand it's thought for a mobile game, but PC users should be able to opt for something more beautiful.

The deck builder is very nice, fast and efficient.
Browsing one's collection or building a deck became a pleasure instead of a long process.
It would be useful to be able to set the default of what you will see when you open the tool (like: Bronze, Monster, Premium, Owned)

Visual effect during the match are elegant to see and useful to understand what's happening.
However, because of the fast card speed, it's often hard to see what the opponent just did (like when he plays a card that Creates, makes a hidden selection, and a Created unit reaches the board and uses the Deploy ability; we all see a face-down card standing still for several seconds and then BAM!).

TL;DR: Visuals are bad, there should be two separated versions, one simple for mobiles and one heavy with graphics for PC/consoles who want to enjoy the art.
The new changes to collection viewer, deck builder and effects during the match are all very neat.

I could not agree with you more. The gorgeous art is wasted here.. Visually its like playing a mobile game on a PC. The cards themselves have somehow less detail. I would not consider spending any meteorite powder. Also the animations are 2D like. Cards never appear as anything else than a square..
After last weeks Chellenger its hard to imagine watching this as an e-sport.

Ok I tried the PTR out for a few games yesterday, sadly I will not have more time before christmas.

First in general: I am not opposed to make Gwent accessible for mobile playing. Quite the opposite it would make it much easier for me to play it every day.
What I liked were the new cards and the new deck builder. especially the combination and of builder and collection are a great development.

I must get used to the animations during the game (like written in some post before - best examples are the animation of Woodland Spirit and Ragnarog) and to the new card mechanics. I dont know what the reasoning behind changing so many card mechanics is. If its only to make it easier for new players I dont know if it really is the right way because I think we will loose a lot of variety of decks and gameplay. But I also admit that is probably to early and I played not enough games to definitly say that.

What I absolutely didnt like are the new graphics of the cards (like written before only rectangles no real cards) and the new "simpliefied" names (Brand instead of King Brand, Hailstorm instead of Merigolds Hailstorm). Regarding the graphics there is an alternative how it could look like on reddit: https://i.imgur.com/dh4rqml.png (Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comm...ructive_feedbacks_from_the_community/drfcj5q/). And regarding the names I just hope that the short names are just temporary for the PTR server and not in the final update.
I know both things are not essential for the gameplay. But I chose Gwent because of its atmosphere and if these changes remain it just another card game that has not much to do with the witcher universe anymore.

CDPR IT'S A CRIME have all this amazing art in the cards and make it so small now!! I spent so much money for the premium version of the cards and now they are so small that is not even worth it.

I finally convinced a friend to play Gwent after watching the amazing Challenger2, and he play today the PTR... He just say me that this game is like a indie Android game for kids with this new empty, flat UI, the small cards, and numbers everywhere of buff/damage for kids... He's not wrong at all :(

Hello everyone.Will I apologize for my English forum in Russian developers are reading or not? Where are they discussing or can they complain about new maps, mechanics or leave a response. Thanks to everyone who answers.

Is the PTR server off already? After I switched to PTR in GOG settings, waited for update (installed PTR 0.9.17.76) and clicked "Play", it says "Could not connect, this game version is no longer supported."...

Top Bottom