Open PTR server is now live

+
Tir_na_Lia;n10364452 said:
So far so good, played 15 games or so and I must say I'm happy to see most changes.

Cards have 'regained' some weight, the act of putting them on the board is much more fluid and less annoying.
Card movement and hand management, mulligan (in general) seems to be improved for a more pleasant playing experience.

The balance changes look quite 'hitting the spot' imo...removing bad things like Tremors, spy abuse, SC abuse, Skirmisher galore, nerfing Ointment, nerfing Restore, adding 'doomed' tag to several units who needed it...the game already looks quite different, and for the best.

Matchmaking is quicker than before (as most loading times), perhaps due to the fact there are less players.

Slave Drivers and Elven Scouts are still there unfortunately, even if reduced to 1 power...copying enemy engines and spawning faction engines still work.

And finally, Names Are Back!!! (some elves and kings even gained juicy lore-friendly surnames :) )
That was incredibly important imho...removing Witcher lore would empty the game of its most important feature, which is the atmosphere.
The same one who attracted many of us ;).

After 1 month of complaints, I can finally write I like where the game is going.

I echo pretty much everything that you've said above, mate :)

TV_JayArr;n10364282 said:
Unofficial patch notes

I'll edit them now step by step.

Appreciate it, buddy. You need to edit the Revenant bit though. In the live version both the original card AND the spawned copy are doomed. Now only the spawned copy is doomed meaning you can actually resurrect the Revenant with Sabrina's Spectre now.

DigBeak;n10365712 said:
Um...I'm a little bit afraid of Kayran. Seems really good now. Maybe a bit too good.
Should be a fairly reliable 19 point swing now, nothing too crazy.

Kayran is not great because in last round has no target and veterans are huge.
:mean:

enikon;n10363672 said:
Some changes I've found:
No longer SC on CA spies !!! ( Huray )
No longer Decoy on CA spies ( Well, you still can do that, but you won't get a card )
[...]
as a newer player I had no issue with SC/DC > 13pt Spies... because the common play was to win R1 and gain a card on the opponent, who MUST play anyways... The CA advantage of that play was just overwhelming if you weren't lucky enough to copy back via SC

changes to NG kill both my best Ladder and Casual decks = (
(and I'm not even hitting 21 ranked)

I:M is a dead card now, no thanks to CDPR. I:M wasn't an OP card in any term, now it's an overnerfed card. I:M was a good elven card, beeing useful for elven only decks, I:M was downgraded only for one reason, because it was OP only in connection with OP dwarves decks.

Why, the hell, the old and well balanced CH was downgraded? Absolutely no reason, guys.

The spawning disease is still untouched by the new PTR, thumbs down. A slave driver is one point weaker, but combined with the spawned card generating more STR, more value... That is the problem that remains.

Ciri:Nova should stay always in Igni range, always. Now she is stronger than before.

IM was death for ancientfoglets, stupid card with no counter. Horn was op with Natalis,letho,Isengrim,Aglais...
Monster nest is trash now, i cut drowners from deck so slave drivers cant get shit, i use monsternest for movement, make it boost at least 2!
:rage:

I've tried things out a little bit, so far it's cool, nothing major that needs to be changed. I like revenants not being doomed anymore (only the copies are) it gives some better chances to the NR cursed deck.
There is still quiet a few things that haven't been changed and will probably need to because they're going to be immensely strong once the patch is released.

I'm thinking specifically of Enforcers and Nekkers which hasn't been changed at all and yes, Slyzards got a minor nerf (they're now 2 instead of 3) which is a good change but it's not gonna be enough imo.

No change on Silver spies, it's gonna be an issue at some point. As said, CA spies are just too strong in their current state, this is always gonna be a problem in the game.
I do love (as I mentioned earlier) the change on Summoning Circle not being able to copy them though, it's a very healthy change 1OO%.

Unlike some, I really like the change on Iorveth Meditation, the card used to be a "brainless" value card (okay you have to do the math properly to get maximum value out of him but what I mean is that, there is nothing your opponent could really do about it) now he's a lot more tactical and fits in Scoiat'ael movement decks, for instance, allowing you to move the appropriate target on the same row as their big fatty for maximum value. It's cool, it's working for big value. Really happy about this change.

So, to summerize and give my overall feeling about the PTR so far :

+ SC can't copy CA spies anymore
+ Agitator/Slave drivers/Scout nerf
+ Veteran being soldiers
+ Revenants not being doomed anymore
+ Iorveth Meditation's change
+ Seltkirk change (if nothing else, that was the way to go with him)
+ Tremors change
+ All the original names of the cards back
+ Mahakam Marauder working properly again
+ Lamia's art is showing properly now

- Nothing about Nekkers
- Nothing about Enforcers
- Nothing about Beastmasters

Last edited:
GenLiu;n10369412 said:
- Nothing about Beastmasters

They nerfed Restore. The unit it pulls from the graveyard is now doomed. Perhaps Restoring a beastmaster is still a bit too strong (19 points from a silver card), but at least you can't resurrect them again and again.

Actually, it might be better to restore Skjall or Gremist now.

Iorvet: Meditation was bonkers, but I believe it is still a good card. You can put a silver spy on the right row and use Iorvet. You can move units to other row and use Iorvet. You can no longer kill an opponent's Ciri:Nova with yours, though, and it was fun indeed.

Last edited:
I don't think it's a good card now. IM is only good with the right ratio of 61.8 % or close to it.

AVK1995;n10362512 said:
Whether the balance changes are enough or not - only time will tell, but I'm so happy about the card names! Card names are once more exciting and give a unique flavor to Gwent! Fabulous work!

thank GOD for that. these short names were so dumbed down it hurt.

Most of the changes so far I really like! CA Spies and Summoning Circle especially. I was so tired of that interaction :). I also appreciate the change for I:Meditation although that card might need a bit more base strength now.

Unfortunately the problematic interaction with Spotters and insanely buffed up Bronze units in certain Emhyr decks still seems to be possible (having to deal with so many way over 20 strength bronze units is tricky for several decks and IMO not a very healthy interaction in any card game). At least it seems so from the description.

Regis still only makes sense in combination with NG Letho... which feel wrong for a neutral card (and the ability seems either underwhelming or even overpowered, depending on the matchup...).

And as much as it's cool that Veterans are more playable now... I think that sooner or later that deck might hit a very similar annoyance level as dwarves with Skirmishers. Veterans were kinda was okay, when we didn't have many Tuirseach units but now it's an effect that strengthens 8 and more units every time. You can have up to 5 of these cards, plus decoy, plus resurrections... it's a lot. I'm curious to see if that goes well. So far I'm sceptical.

The C. Horn change surprised me. If that happened many months ago, it would have been great for me... but now with all these high power units. Not sure it's the best thing to do. We'll see! It will however motivate more people to play Iris, I guess (surprisingly she seems unchanged).

Last edited:
create & spawn: still alive
nekker: 4
ciri nova: 22 (buff, because igni is dead)
so many bronze units: power inflation

"CDPR can't see the wood for the trees"

it's time to uninstall

Last edited:
Esmer;n10369612 said:
They nerfed Restore. The unit it pulls from the graveyard is now doomed. Perhaps Restoring a beastmaster is still a bit too strong (19 points from a silver card), but at least you can't resurrect them again and again.

It's not the same.
Nerfing Restore was a good idea but Beastmasters NEED a nerf on their own if nothing else because it's part of this dumb "1 card massive points" idea which is the biggest issue in Gwent atm.
They absolutely need to nerf every type of units that can provide tons of points with no synergy whatsoever. The more important with Gwent is the fun you have while playing it and Beastmaster is simply the most boring card that ever been made in Gwent.

So, either they nerf it or they change it but imo a boring card should not be a strong card and certainly not part of the meta.

They absolutely need to nerf every type of units that can provide tons of points with no synergy whatsoever. The more important with Gwent is the fun you have while playing it and Beastmaster is simply the most boring card that ever been made in Gwent.

I've got this feeling that the beastmasters should be "spawn Bloodcurdling Roar" instead. So basically, you get the 11 point body but you have to destroy an ally. The best ally to destroy would be STR 1, so the beastmaster itself, making it susceptible to being revived immediately while also reducing the overall value of the card a bit to make it consistent with the other bronzes (11 seems to be the nominal value in the PTR)

Other than that, I was very pleasantly surprised by the names :) I knew the long names would come back but I didn't expect it to go that far! xD Now it's almost every card. Thumbs up CDPR :) Great work.

GenLiu;n10371282 said:

Gwent has always been a game about points. And that's a huge problem when printing new cards: they have to provide more points or they will be useless. This is why an average power of a bronze card powercrept from ~8 to ~12 points in less than a year.

I get your point about synergies. As a long time SK player I would rather play QG, discard or veterans. But all those archetypes were made non-viable by making stronger bronze cards.

I like the idea above about beastmasters spawning bloodcurdling roar. They could even have 2 str in this case, so people don't just use the roar on beastmasters. Kinda like a smaller Gremist.

Top Bottom