Open PTR server is now live

+
Kiwisame;n10377232 said:
I'm a Scoia'Tel main, and I quite like the nerf to the overly used dorfs. However, it kinda feels like they just attacked other cards left and right on the crossfire. I:M is downright useless now (never actually used it, since I don't like relying on my opponent using big bois, but still). Mahakam Guards, while I also don't tend to use them, were pretty downgraded to -1 point overall, with a weaker body. Also, Farseers now doesn't work with Dragoons handbuffs which is... fine, I guess?

The thing is, I would like to see the others sides of ST developed more, like making a more usable Spell'Tiel, or Move'Tiel, or even get the Ambush roll going again (which by now is pretty dead, it's more a gimmick than an actual deck). So far, it feels like they are on a cycle of buffing dwarves, to give them the nerf axe, just to buff them again, and reapeating it again and again, while the other playstyles are getting kinda stale.

Iorveth Meditation was fairly OP though, for me personally, played in Dwarf or not, he needed to be nerfed.

Farseers still work with Dragoon, it's just a bit weird because their placement matter on their ability (you have to play them on the right of the unit that is supposed to buff them. That includes every position on a rows below that unit too).
Don't ask me why they did it this way, I don't know and I've never been a fan of that. If I remember correctly it was meant to makes triggers clearer and more understandable but I think it makes them a lot more confusing.

The 6-days-long PTR is proving to be very useful.

SK Veteran is already being abused (from few hours past the beginning, btw), so I'm sure it won't fly under the radar.

The balance changes, with few exceptions, look quite good.
I think PTR should be used more often, perhaps on monthly basis before the new season.

Tir_na_Lia;n10382222 said:
The 6-days-long PTR is proving to be very useful. [...]
Did they change something yet? After the initial changes I mean.
It is useful if they do this actively; To try altering initial changes with the same PTR. The first days on the live servers will prove if the PTR was/is useful.

Tir_na_Lia;n10382222 said:
[...]I think PTR should be used more often, perhaps on monthly basis before the new season.
I assume thats what they are aiming for/ aimed for. The PTR for the midwinter patch that got quite some beating - for it lasting less than a day - was solely a test if an open PTR works on a technical basis I assume. I genuinely hope this works not only technically, but as I said also on a balancing level.

If they don't adjust things that turned out to be problematic, like the veteran-beastmaster (only as an example) and alter changes - including testing them on the same PTR time span, before the patch hits the server - the PTR is pointless. It is made exactly for such and not for the players being able to play a patch 6 days longer and the old one 6 days shorter if the player choses to do so.

GenLiu;n10380822 said:
Farseers still work with Dragoon, it's just a bit weird because their placement matter on their ability (you have to play them on the right of the unit that is supposed to buff them. That includes every position on a rows below that unit too).
Don't ask me why they did it this way, I don't know and I've never been a fan of that. If I remember correctly it was meant to makes triggers clearer and more understandable but I think it makes them a lot more confusing.

Agree. Perhaps keep triggering left to right, melee to siege, for groups of like cards (for example Vrans), but then have 2 categories based on turn: effect at start of turn and effect at end of turn. Dragoons can be set to trigger at turn start, Farseers at turn end. It makes more sense even to new players, and designers gain some freedom when designing synergy cards (dragoon/farseer and light longship/greatsword to name 2).

Been testing Iorveth Meditation and Ithlinne on PTR.

I:M, definitely not getting the same value it used to. I haven't run into consume while playing this, mostly SK and NG, but its much harder to line up good targets. In long rounds, I'm mostly seeing 11-13 on high end, which I'm trying to hit with 7-9. So getting about 15-19 points of value. Short rounds, I'm usually going a unit on my side versus one of theirs, getting like 8-10 +2 value, since I'm playing Scoia'spell with ~15ish DBP's. No dead I:M yet, but any match now I could get unlucky with rows.

Ithlinne on the other hand, is still doing great. Double AT, is getting a full 20 value regularly, with so many buffed bronzes about. And if the round goes long, with so many decks turoring other units, or creating/spawning units, I can do a 20-30 double Stammelford Tremors. First stammelford hits for most value, and second is slightly weaker, depending on the number of tutors (elf scouts, agitators, bearmasters) that were wiped out. I don't see her playrate dropping off much, with such a big upside.

More and more, I'm persuaded by the argument that Ithlinne needs to be re-worked in some way. Not to the degree I:M is now, but maybe something like cast 2 spells, if direct damage instead of effect (epidemic), cast 2nd spell at half power (or half the targets in the case of spells like Tremors). That would put her down to 9+5+2 (16 on AT) and in favorable Tremors something like 15+8+2 (25) or in less favorable boards like 6+3+2 (11).

Last edited:
I've never had more fun in a card game! I LOVE having all the cards to play around with!!!! I can make any deck my mind can imagine! I dont have to worry about crafting cards and then finding out they suck! I can rule the WORLD!!!

Toddleson;n10384792 said:
I've never had more fun in a card game! I LOVE having all the cards to play around with!!!! I can make any deck my mind can imagine! I dont have to worry about crafting cards and then finding out they suck! I can rule the WORLD!!!
You can rule rhe world until monday.

fo3nixz;n10382602 said:
fix the damm Skellige Veteran spam

veterans are ok, beastmaster is broken, make it suport and they should also damage bear by 1 point at least.
:halt:

inflation of bronze units ---> heaviness of 1 point disappeared
agile ---> line not to make sense
anything goes ---> personality of faction is reduced
create and spawn ---> it became the skill unnecessary

i'm not glad even if i win a game
:cirisad:

Last edited:
Clan Tuirseach will be the new faction when the new patch is released. I didn't even know that there were really that many Tuirseach units in Gwent until this PTR

pthieu1986;n10394232 said:
Clan Tuirseach will be the new faction when the new patch is released. I didn't even know that there were really that many Tuirseach units in Gwent until this PTR

Veteran will be changed - said Burza.

Ciri: Nova needs to go back to 25str, putting her at 22 is actually a boost, not a nerf coz Igni cannot hit her. Hell ya!

pthieu1986;n10394752 said:
Ciri: Nova needs to go back to 25str, putting her at 22 is actually a boost, not a nerf coz Igni cannot hit her. Hell ya!

People should really stop saying this like it's a fact. The average value of Ciri: Nova will drop because an Igni counter is only possible when you have CA (and the card in hand). More often than not, Ciri: Nova dies to Schirru/Scorch or not at all when played as the last card. Statistically speaking, it's definitely a nerf. However, one could debate how much of a point drop is is needed to cross the line from buff to nerf. Making Ciri: Nova 24 strength is a buff, making her 20 Strength is a nerf. So, where does one draw the line? Somewhere between 21 and 23. 22 being right in between really isn't that bad.

Please nerf this 12point bronzes like halfelf and bearmaster that dont need setup and have insane sinergy.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/d1ff7d739000523

azz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
4RM3D;n10395292 said:
People should really stop saying this like it's a fact. The average value of Ciri: Nova will drop because an Igni counter is only possible when you have CA (and the card in hand). More often than not, Ciri: Nova dies to Schirru/Scorch or not at all when played as the last card. Statistically speaking, it's definitely a nerf. However, one could debate how much of a point drop is is needed to cross the line from buff to nerf. Making Ciri: Nova 24 strength is a buff, making her 20 Strength is a nerf. So, where does one draw the line? Somewhere between 21 and 23. 22 being right in between really isn't that bad.

This is absurd. Especially when you have other golds that need much more setup and just give less output all in all.

To everybody who is just fed up with this no-brainer strategy, I invite you to do the following:

1) NEVER GG a player that uses Ciri: Nova. It's not a good game.
2) Add said players only to tell them to gently stop ruining the meta. I'm sure they can think of a strategy that requires more than 45 IQ.

A 25 point gold or 22 really isn't that great when you had ithlinne that can do like 40 in a long round, shirru that can scorch, or even double spy with gigni for 31. That's why a lot of these are getting nerfed. You also know of a definite ciri nova by card count half the time. You can play round that.

Top Bottom