Open Sesame: Witcher Seasonings Bug! Guards do not start talking!

+
This quest has many bugs, but i couldn't find my "bug config" anywhere else. In the second part of the quest i'm supposed to eavesdrop on two guards. But they are not talking and i also do not get the warning that i am too close to eavesdrop when i enter the yellow circle as i see it happening in YouTube Videos of other people playing the quest. Seems like a serious DLC breaking bug to me :(

Does anyone know of a solve for this?

Can you make a video showing that problem?

Do you have any mods installed (that can cause problems too)?

Did you try standing still nearby the guards? If you move around like that it can‘t really work.

Sorry, but this is not how the quest works. You are not supposed to stand still nearby the guards. What happens (when it's not bugged) is that the game will tell you that you are to close to the guards if you come near them (the moment you enter the yellow circle). You then leave the yellow circle and use your witcher sense to listen to them from afar. It clearly shows this in the gameplay videos on YouTube. I tried all that but it doesn't work. The fact that the warning is not triggered when i enter the yellow circle already shows that something is wrong.

The guards are talking about what they're supposed to talk about when you use your Witcher senses, but it doesn't start from the beginning. It's like the quest is mostly working.

Ok, i found a Video where someone tried a different approach with this quest and that worked for me. So yeah, it's mostly working and i can continue now :)

I have the exact same problem And i've tried everything you went through here and I can't get them to talk. Problem is I probably spent fifty hours of game time after this So frustrating. I love the mission though. what a game great writing.
Post automatically merged:

I'm playing on xbox the so ...😬

Top Bottom