Open Up the Practice Function

+
Open Up the Practice Function

It needs more versatility. It needs an option for 0 AI interference.

I'm not asking for access to cards I don't own. I don't think that should happen. What I would really like to see is options in Practice to set your starting hand. Options in Practice to turn off the AI. Have the opponent play straight "no ability" cards and not pass until you pass. Sometimes I think the frustrating part about the Practice option is the fact that the AI passes before you can see certain card interactions, and that means having to try again, having to try to draw the hand you want again, and hoping it doesn't pass at a stupid time, again.

I can't imagine it would take a lot of Dev effort to put it in there, and it would be a more useful tool for players.

This, or the ability to challenge your friends to a duel, where wins don't count towards the daily rewards. The AI for playtesting a deck is pretty bad. I submitted a 'Duel Challenge' mode suggestion just a bit ago.

At the moment, the practice mode does not serve any purpose whatsoever, so I say remove it. Testing is what casual multiplayer is for, a mode which is and will always be preferable to practice mode: you play against actual rather than artificial intelligence and you earn in-game currency in the process.
PS: "Friend match" exists in the multiplayer menu

Last edited:
mystrategygames;n9078670 said:
PS: "Friend match" exists in the multiplayer menu

Only for people playing on the PC. Console players don't have this option.

Also, casual is fine for general testing. But it doesn't always allow for the matchups you want. Like, "I wanna know how this deck plays against NG," and then you get 3 hours of casual matchups against SK.

Is there no friend match option on console? Can you even have friends there, then? As for the testing: yes, it is true that practicing or testing a specific match-up is currently hardly possible in the game, but I think that would be more useful for practicing specific match-ups than for testing your deck against them, as the only way to know if a deck is viable or not is to test it against all match-ups.

Practice could be very good for trying out synergies between cards. But only if you can pick your enemy and starting hand. Otherwise you might as well just play casual. Even if you lose the match you'd still win a round most likely.

Top Bottom