Open world game but not playable after ending

+
It is only possible to reload after the ending, but please allow free-play after completing the main quest.
I want to complete the main quest and do the sub-quest.
Other open world games are free-play after ending.
But this game is impossible.
It just loads the save file again.
Please fix this

Keive

Forum regular
I don't think it would even make sense, base of what I know for endings, to me able to play after the main quest. Do you have manual saves? Maybe you can't go back on autosaves, but idk.
You could also play again on a new lifepath.

I think the best thing would be once the game is beaten you get a "post final mission" save that you can load. That way you can go back and just do all the stuff you want, right before ending the game again. It's what most games do in this case.

Unique post ending gameplay would require more months of development, but I'd be for it.

Emphasis on "unique". By "unique" I mean that your choices and path are taken into consideration as you are set out in the world after what happened.

Other than that, when you finish you get the option of being set to the latest save game you made before the point of no return. Given how there is no post-ending gameplay, it's the same as setting you out in the world anyway, so just use that one.

The pop up I saw before the point of no return was a bit misleading however, it read something like "You cannot continue certain things until you finish the mission".

This naturally implies I get to resume activities after the mission. In my case, it was a trivial meeting with someone that initiated the end of the game through a series of quests, so I didn't think much of it, but got a hunch when I checked my quests and saw that all others weren't just kept active but marked as "failed".

The pop up should be reworded however if I cannot actually resume activities because the game ends after finishing up - I might as well load a prior save game to continue the activities after all.

simply after defeating game, and credits, game could rollback before last mission sequence and let you free roam.
the only way now is to SAVE before finality and do everything and then do last mission

Keive

Forum regular
Unique post ending gameplay would require more months of development, but I'd be for it.

Emphasis on "unique". By "unique" I mean that your choices and path are taken into consideration as you are set out in the world after what happened.

Other than that, when you finish you get the option of being set to the latest save game you made before the point of no return. Given how there is no post-ending gameplay, it's the same as setting you out in the world anyway, so just use that one.

The pop up I saw before the point of no return was a bit misleading however, it read something like "You cannot continue certain things until you finish the mission".

This naturally implies I get to resume activities after the mission. In my case, it was a trivial meeting with someone that initiated the end of the game through a series of quests, so I didn't think much of it, but got a hunch when I checked my quests and saw that all others weren't just kept active but marked as "failed".

The pop up should be reworded however if I cannot actually resume activities because the game ends after finishing up - I might as well load a prior save game to continue the activities after all.
With what the endings are, from my understanding, I don't think the whole "set out in the world after what happened" would make much sense.

Unless we are zombies I guess

With what the endings are, from my understanding, I don't think the whole "set out in the world after what happened" would make much sense.

Depends on the particular ending, but could always adjust the plot or post-gameplay in a way where it works. If not for each ending, then for some endings. Some pro-corporate ending(s) have big potential for a follow-up game though, if they decide to roll with them somehow and still stick to the protagonist or, perhaps, give us a new one. Not much is known about that.

The Witcher was easy, it's always Geralt pushing on throughout the games. Here? Harder to tell who it will be for the next game.

Keive

Forum regular
Depends on the particular ending, but could always adjust the plot or post-gameplay in a way where it works. If not for each ending, then for some endings. Some pro-corporate ending(s) have big potential for a follow-up game though, if they decide to roll with them somehow and still stick to the protagonist or, perhaps, give us a new one. Not much is known about that.

The Witcher was easy, it's always Geralt pushing on throughout the games. Here? Harder to tell who it will be for the next game.
Based off all endings, it wouldn't work for post-gameplay as V. That's why I wish there was another ending to the ones we got.

Based off all endings, it wouldn't work for post-gameplay as V. That's why I wish there was another ending to the ones we got.

I wouldn't mind a new protagonist for the next game if they give us more options to roleplay our own character, aka be less defined as a protagonist, maybe even let us join factions on our own or give us according "life paths", while the feats of V are referred as new legendary Merc. Maybe in the great overall picture of the series, if they have the rough jist down already, we are meant to perish as V.

simply after defeating game, and credits, game could rollback before last mission sequence and let you free roam.
the only way now is to SAVE before finality and do everything and then do last mission
Which is the name of last mission ? So I can save before it

Please fix this
Haven't gotten to the end yet but sounds like another Fallout 3 situation. Totally agree open world games need to continue after the end of the main quest. If you can't, the end of the game wasn't thought out and designed properly. So is there not going to be any story DLC? You have to go back to before the ending to do the DLC? So much of this game seems to have been very poorly planned.

This was extremely frustrating to find out! Before starting the last section it says you will be able to go back to it afterwards but what happens is that it simply rerolls you to just before you started it - I mean come on... What sort of immersion are we talking about if your quest tracker will just keep resetting to main mission you have already completed? On top of that, the ending I got the first time around was so confusing and without indication that my personal story has come to an end that when I got rerolled I thought it was some sort of bug.

I have no problem, if for the sake of continuity V's story ends there end then, to be continued in the DLC, but let us create another character to finish of all the gigs and side jobs or something like that...

I had that theory where they didn't allow you play further after the last mission, because they would release a sequel DLC, where you'd need to repeat your choice of the last mission to then proceed further...

But I feel like a kid believing in Santa saying this, I just want more of that story, more drama, more romance more action, more of 2077, because screw me, that game is indeed amazing if it isn't for it's ending that leaves me quite perplex as it is

*SPOILER*

My first play I took the V and Panam ending, and the overwhelming feeling is there are many elements and clues which suggest this isn't the end. Now, I may be clutching at straws but it just feels like it's not by chance and that it has been intentionally left open.

V returns with his body to Panam but is given 6 months maybe a little more by Alt, the AI who admits she cannot know the future.

We are given a parting gift by Johnny, "Never stop fightin", which seems a bit pointless for somebody who is going to die in 6 months-ish and whose story we cannot continue.

Amongst many holo voicemails from characters reminiscing with V in very ambiguous ways, we get a rather definitive message from Panam highlighting we are still with the Aldecaldos, we are still with Panam and she is intent on seeing us to 'make it up to us'.

And finally, V isn't dead. There is no solid information that this is posthumous. We hear a cough and 'fuck' at the end, as we heard over and over throughout the story.

Again, this may be my bias, being overoptimistic praying for some more Panam and V, but this feels like it is wide open for continuation. If it isn't intentional, its utter sheer luck that CDPR have foundations of a Chapter 2 style DLC.

Absolutely agreed, same for the tarot card, everything seem to lead us to something... This regards only the ending with Panam however...
Let us pray
Post automatically merged:

Absolutely agreed, same for the tarot card, everything seem to lead us to something... This regards only the ending with Panam however...
Let us pray
Post automatically merged:
Oh damn, forgot about that one, the holo from Misty. It just all feels like it was set up to carry on. Probably end up being utterly wrong, as seems to be the trend with CP2077.

*EDIT* Panam does seem to be one of the biggest non-protagonist characters and plays a major role in V's development so it wouldn't be untoward to give a DLC to her. Even the potential for Judy too in that respect I imagine

Oh damn, forgot about that one, the holo from Misty. It just all feels like it was set up to carry on. Probably end up being utterly wrong, as seems to be the trend with CP2077.

*EDIT* Panam does seem to be one of the biggest non-protagonist characters and plays a major role in V's development so it wouldn't be untoward to give a DLC to her. Even the potential for Judy too in that respect I imagine

Yeah ! You can also call Judy, at any time after you finished the quests, she states "It's too soon" when you ask her if she misses night city... gave me a feeling of "comeback". By the way, when you go to her flat in Kabuki (that she gives you access to during the last sidejob with her) she is inside, talking to her will bring up the same questions as on the phone, if you ask "I've got another question" she replies by "I'm driving right now so it's perfect timing" lmao

Dunno if its a glitch, or forgotten by devs but she is supposed to be in seattle according to her last text message on holo haha

Attachments

• Sans titre.png
    Sans titre.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 903
Yeah ! You can also call Judy, at any time after you finished the quests, she states "It's too soon" when you ask her if she misses night city... gave me a feeling of "comeback". By the way, when you go to her flat in Kabuki (that she gives you access to during the last sidejob with her) she is inside, talking to her will bring up the same questions as on the phone, if you ask "I've got another question" she replies by "I'm driving right now so it's perfect timing" lmao

Dunno if its a glitch, or forgotten by devs but she is supposed to be in seattle according to her last text message on holo haha
Same with Panam, you can call her but just get the same dialogue repeated from the last mission you did together.

I think the way they have developed characters and the immersion of romances, they cannot possibly just ignore the possibility of using the romances to continue the story beyond endings.

Top Bottom