Open world game but not playable after ending

+
Ya'll might want to check out that huge thread that's a discussion on the endgame, it's endings, and fallout of. It's covering a lot of the same stuff.

I thought that there would be a way to keep playing after the mission. With the consequences of the final mission and all.

Given that there are ‘three’ endings as a baseline, I expected one that would allow V to actually remain alive. Handing control to Johnny should be what leads to his death – making the body inhabitable for V, as explained. However, the fact V is doomed no matter what you do is dumb. I did a playthrough where I never (at least when possible) let him take control and still got the same nonsense ending.

On another note, all endings are the same. Nomad, street kid, and corpo. The different choices just change the characters that come with you and change about the mission in a simple way. Adam Smasher still appears, still kills the ‘spare’. What a lazy ending with smoke and mirrors as a way to make it seem like choices matter.

Now that I know about this, what mission I should avoid completing to avoid getting stuck, what is the name of the last mission so I won't risk playing it before I'm over with the whole sidequests and freeroaming around.

This is a complete deal breaker for me. It kind of makes no sense.
I spend 30 hours on my first play through. most of which was invested in saving Vs life and getting rid of Johnny. You finally get rid of him. Hes gone. Your still gonna die but fine. But after doing the last mission and getting rid of Johnny to be put back at the start of the final mission kind of irks me. I mean say I go do a side mission, whos that talking to me??? The guy I just spent 25 of my 30 hours getting rid of.
Another thing that irks me about the ending I got is that when the credits roll and the NPCs messages are playing.
Mama wells says call her if your back in town...
Vik say hit him up if your ever in town he'll give you a discount....
That along with some other dialog makes you think "cool. I get to play around in night city after this." and NOPE. RELOAD...
I love CDPR but this just seems like a extremely lazy way to end such a GREAT game with a story as compelling as this one.

I think the way they constructed the endings locked them out of free roam gameplay after the final mission. Terrible, terrible decision for an open world game. Particularly one with a main quest that is based around the premise that you better act fast to resolve it.

Agreed, first they build pressure to save V, so later on you can't go back to NC. But i belive that this is due to rush to deliver game in time.

This is a complete deal breaker for me. It kind of makes no sense.
I spend 30 hours on my first play through. most of which was invested in saving Vs life and getting rid of Johnny. You finally get rid of him. Hes gone. Your still gonna die but fine. But after doing the last mission and getting rid of Johnny to be put back at the start of the final mission kind of irks me. I mean say I go do a side mission, whos that talking to me??? The guy I just spent 25 of my 30 hours getting rid of.
Another thing that irks me about the ending I got is that when the credits roll and the NPCs messages are playing.
Mama wells says call her if your back in town...
Vik say hit him up if your ever in town he'll give you a discount....
That along with some other dialog makes you think "cool. I get to play around in night city after this." and NOPE. RELOAD...
I love CDPR but this just seems like a extremely lazy way to end such a GREAT game with a story as compelling as this one.

Exactly! The fact that the chip was killing me was a great character motivation I thought, allowing a bit more freedom in the open world without breaking immersion. So when you're told
you don't have long to live is like 'damn.. oh well, lets f*** some s*** up!' and then *caugh caugh* and you're dead... within the same cutscene!? - wtf where's my 6 months you've promised me?? :D

Guest 4406876

Yeah ! You can also call Judy, at any time after you finished the quests, she states "It's too soon" when you ask her if she misses night city... gave me a feeling of "comeback". By the way, when you go to her flat in Kabuki (that she gives you access to during the last sidejob with her) she is inside, talking to her will bring up the same questions as on the phone, if you ask "I've got another question" she replies by "I'm driving right now so it's perfect timing" lmao

Dunno if its a glitch, or forgotten by devs but she is supposed to be in seattle according to her last text message on holo haha
And Misty isn't supposed to be in NC anymore as well, if I recall correctly. But still she said "come to the shop when you have a chance" or something like that.

Hi there, just wanna give some feedback. As a player i purchased Cyberpunk on Steam and played over 50 hours.
For my opion, so far i haven't met any crazy bugs ever, feel really lucky and feel sorry for the players on xbox and ps4.
Hmmmm but to be honest, i feel like this game far away from release and finished, i can say current game is only one tenth of the planed. Anyway i won't look for refund , just keep it up CDPR

Would be nice to hear from CDPR at least once why they dropped the ball with endings and why there is no gameplay after endings in Night City....

Considering all false promises they made - I think we players deserve an explanation.

Guest 4406876

Would be nice to hear from CDPR at least once why they dropped the ball with endings and why there is no gameplay after endings in Night City....

Considering all false promises they made - I think we players deserve an explanation.
Well technically there is, you just go back right before the point of no return, with lame rewards (i didn't get any btw idk why) to grind playing borderlands or finish some sides.
"Technically" and "sort of speaking" is the main advertising of this "game".

It is only possible to reload after the ending, but please allow free-play after completing the main quest.
I want to complete the main quest and do the sub-quest.
Other open world games are free-play after ending.
But this game is impossible.
It just loads the save file again.
Please fix this

Please fix this!!! I’m having the same issue. I would like to Freetown after completing the last mission...

I don't know about anyone else, but the city seems dead now after completing it multiple times. I don't see cars driving around and the number of pedestrians are now very minimal. It is a dead city. So much potential. The city is built, we just need quests to complete now.

it's completely stupid not to be able to continue after the end ... especially as CDPR implied in an interview that they had found an original way to do it and in fact this is not true...

If the story calls for an ending, then there should be one. That’s fine.

However, there could have been some clever narrative design that allowed continuation after certain ending states.

Although, since there’s no procedural content to be repeated (to my knowledge), what is there to do anyway, but empty the map from its contents?

This is the worst endgame design I've ever seen, not only do you not get to keep any of the items you pick up during the final missions, the completion of that mission awards you a quite large amount of money... which is completely useless because you can't spend it during that mission and you don't get to keep it.

The worst part about it is that technically it would even make sense story-wise to go back, especially after some endings.

Could make a new ending where the chip is removed and both johnny and v live in the body aka just like they are in the game but stopping the body degrading a full happy ending

I think they did that part of the game quite well. It doesn't break with the story where you could walk around the city while you actually should be somewhere else. It rewards you depending on the ending you've chosen, you get to unlock a new weapon and you could do some more side missions which may unlock different endings that reward you with additional stuff after completing them and going back in time again.

Top Bottom