Open World / Please explain

+
Open World / Please explain

I spend a ridiculous amount of time with the game and I just got to Velen. I love the game!

One thing though I asked myself. I could not "walk" from the White Orchard to Velen - the game just transported me there. Will I always have to go to the World Map and select the different "districts" to travel to them, or can I travel from Velen back to White Orchard "in game"?
If I can do it "in game", are the transits from one district to the other marked on the district maps?

Thanks in advance.

There's a total of five maps in the game: White Orchard, Skellige, Vizima, Velen/Novigrad and
Kaer Morhen
. Within each of these maps you can move freely. You need to fast travel in order to move between maps.

Edit: Durrrrp, forgot a minor one. :)

Last edited:
White Orchard is really a tutorial area, if you've done everything there you can forget about it. From now on you'll only have to fast travel between the land you're in now and Skellige, both of which are huge.

There's a total of five maps in the game: White Orchard, Skellige, Vizima, Velen/Novigrad and
Kaer Morhen
. Within each of these maps you can move freely. You need to fast travel in order to move between maps.

Edit: Durrrrp, forgot a minor one. :)

Vizima is just a castle interior.

white orchard has 1 side quests that i know so far that has a relatively slight effect in a part of velen

Thanks for your quick replies. I hope I can see climate transitions in one of the big areas. You know, going from moderate to dry or winter, without having to fast travel.
That is acutally something I disliked a lot in Dragon Age. The jumps between areas. You were standing in the desert and a click later it was snowing. *lol

Think of it like this, The distance from White Orchard to Velen takes approx. 4 days on horseback. So, instead of downsizing the map like in Euro Truck Simulator series, they made those major cities teleportable.

Skyrim syndrome is taking hold of everyone it seems :) Please try to not forget that the map is actually huge and Velen/Skellige/Kaer Morhen are actually far away from each other ;)

Thanks for your quick replies. I hope I can see climate transitions in one of the big areas. You know, going from moderate to dry or winter, without having to fast travel.
That is acutally something I disliked a lot in Dragon Age. The jumps between areas. You were standing in the desert and a click later it was snowing. *lol

You can :)

Although you can also one click climate change too lol

Think of it like this, The distance from White Orchard to Velen takes approx. 4 days on horseback. So, instead of downsizing the map like in Euro Truck Simulator series, they made those major cities teleportable.

Skyrim syndrome is taking hold of everyone it seems :) Please try to not forget that the map is actually huge and Velen/Skellige/Kaer Morhen are actually far away from each other ;)

I don't know why people keep bringing up Skyrim, this is more open than that game is, in Skyrim every city is a zone separate from the outside world as is nearly every interior.

Last edited:
Top Bottom