Opinion: CDPR was right to publish CP2077 so early (...maybe)

+
I bet it is still buried in the code at least for the FIRST PC version we got (I have that one backed up to an external drive). Maybe Mod makers can get it back into the game.

For me personally it came out right in time. Came out when I needed it it most. Lucky for me I had NONE of the issues other players have reported and the game ran SMOOTH for me with MED to HIGH settings on my win 7 and GTX 970 PC (at least after I added 3 necessary mods to the game).

I loved the game (still do mostly) and was not at all regretting that I payed for it years ago. Although I will be extremely cautious about pre orders of ANY games from any DEV I get going forward now.

Doing additional play thrus now on my "upgraded" win 10 PC (all the same hardware) the game now has issues (mostly animation and graphics).
So for me I was lucky they released it back when they did because the patches did not make the game any better for me.

Glitches I get now that did not happen before in 150 gameplay hours under WIN 7:

The handbag glitch.
Cars sunk in the street.
NPC sunk to waist level in combat.
NPC sliding across the floor instead of walking.
NPC popping into existence 5 feet from where I am sitting during cut scenes.
Getting knocked off a ladder and thrown (more like materialized actually) several hundred feet away.
Getting knocked off window while climbing thru and thrown (more like materialized actually) several hundred feet away.
Not being able to pick up stuff (like interaction mesh is under the surface the item sits on).
The AI soda machine will not talk to me anymore.

Several others...

Last edited:
"Cyberpunk 2077 Holds Cut Content in its Unpatched Version" https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-unpatched-cut-content/amp/

McVicker's video used the PS4 version of Cyberpunk 2077, explaining that physical console copies are the only way to play this unpatched version.
Any content that's not being used, just serves as deadweight, so yes, at the first possible opportunity, it'll be removed. It's just a pity so much effort and time was invested in it, only for it to be thrown away.

The pre-patch 3D map was actually neat, because it considered verticality as a factor when calculating a route. I hope it gets reintegrated at some point.

Its kind of sad how much work they put in some elements just to cut it at the end to make game playable on PS4. Brings up a question of how much upgrade can we expect in a future in terms of game systems and mechanics which will bring extra load on a systems again.

I saw the video of "cut content".

I saw really nothing major. The Map is already 3D but you're unable to spin it wildly, which might be intentional.
And pointing at random floor in elevated building giving you instructions to get there... maybe there wasn't good reason to have it more complex than the basic 2D map coordinate... so this could be maybe cut content.
The vendors... I don't honestly see much difference or need to split vendors rather than condense what they're selling on single vendors... so this again might be intended change... but who knows.

And then there's the ONE thing that is at least interesting that is the 3D inspection of guns... which also maybe was also cut not because of being unfinished but that there is already some way to see yourself holding gun.

I definitely hope there are tools they plan to implement that make the game better experience, some reworkings on map UI... but I don't honestly see too much value on these cut contents.

I bet it is still buried in the code at least for the FIRST PC version we got (I have that one backed up to an external drive). Maybe Mod makers can get it back into the game.
Yes. V's 2018 Appearance is still in the game files (Simply Uncook the files and you will see it).

I really do not understand all of the whining and complaining about "crunch." The job I do, I crunch every day, live the job. The last thing I want is other people butting in trying to tell me how hard I should be working.

I think they did the right thing. CDPR was moving way too fast, if it slowed them down, only good in my book. Perfect launch and whole game industry would have been on top of them.

I disagree with OP opinion, I don't thing that "it was good to finally stop the crunch in the studio" and "from a business standpoint, the game had to come out" are 2 points that was good. First, I'm against crunchs but all, yeah it is, ALL companies that deal with deadlines have crunchs, principally those who are involved with softwares (T.I. generally), what can't be this time doesn't impact the work beneficially and the people that have to do the crunch do not duly rewarded for it.

We see that all that crunch it's for "nothing", the game is out not even close to being ready and thanks to the high expectations they themselves imposed on the game the reception was desastrous, I think this was the worst release of a game in the 21st century, in the first few months people couldn't play on consoles (PS4 and Xbox One) and many people on PC. They destroyed the image that themself build with the game series Witcher, in addition to losing important people that who helped build what the Witcher series is today because they disagree with the way that game's development is going.

Today, the game still has to many bugs and not 1/3 of the content that they promised. Besides all that thing I still like the game, I have over 100h in the game and left a lot of missions behind. I wish and want to play again (and I'm not that person who plays again, even RPG ones), so I hope they fix and add as much content as they can and in Cyberpunk 2 (I pray they do) they bring all that promised and more.

I hope this whole event that happened to them put in their heads the same feeling and desire when they were developing Witcher 3.

Last edited:
Top Bottom