Opinion:Wild hunt heroes have the wrong abilities!

+
Opinion:Wild hunt heroes have the wrong abilities!

I already posted this on reddit but someone suggested that i also post it here. Hopefully someone from cd project will take a look at it.

As the the title says i have the feeling that the Wild hunt heroes like Caranthir and Imlerith have the wrong abilities.

For instance i think it makes no sense for Imlerith to be able to cast frost. That's Caranthir's power as we saw in the game.

Imlerith is a warrior. His card should reflect that. I think he should be a 10 (or 8?) hero with the ability to muster a Wild Hunt warrior from your deck. Basically a beefed up version of the Nithral card (or a flat 15 with no abilities).

Carantir should have the abilities that the Imlerith card has. He should be a 6 with the power to cast frost and spawn two Wild Hunt hounds (remember we have also seen Caranthir spawn creatures when you fight him in the game).

And I suggest that Ge'els should have Caranthir's ability. A 2 hero who is able to spawn a copy of every non-hero Wild Hunt unit. That would make sense. Ge'els is a politician (Weak physically) that is in control of the home world of the Wild Hunt (can't remember the name of their home world). It would be like he is sending reinforcement's. Also something touched upon in the game.

I also think that the Nithral card should change. But i am not sure how. Maybe keep him as he is but instead of 2 he should be a 4 that doubles when frost is on the table. Nithral deserves a better card. Afterall Geralt beat him with the help of Keira so he is no pushover.

Any thought's?

Last edited:
100% agree with you, hope CD Project can make these changes :) Seem like a nice bunch, so sure they will listen to reason.. Or so I hope :D

thanks for taking the effort ,, I hope they make it right and even change Eredin's ability to be something more unique than a 15 strength card which should be Imlerith

No problem. I hope so too but to be honest I doubt they are going to make these changes. But one can only hope.

thanks for taking the effort ,, I hope they make it right and even change Eredin's ability to be something more unique than a 15 strength card which should be Imlerith

It just hit me. One way to improve the Eredin card is to give it the encourage ability .It makes sense that whenever a leader steps into the battlefield the troops get a morale boost. Being a hero means that the morale boost can't be removed with scorch so thats pretty good. It will also have great synergy with the other wild hunt units because i think encourage goes before commanders horn. So presumably it could go before frost aswell. For instance the Wild Hunt rider becomes a 5 with Eredin on the battlefield and with frost a 10. if you have a commanders horn even better. it becomes a 20. Eredin's card number should be lowered then to a 12 or 10.

It just hit me. One way to improve the Eredin card is to give it the encourage ability .It makes sense that whenever a leader steps into the battlefield the troops get a morale boost. Being a hero means that the morale boost can't be removed with scorch so thats pretty good. It will also have great synergy with the other wild hunt units because i think encourage goes before commanders horn. So presumably it could go before frost aswell. For instance the Wild Hunt rider becomes a 5 with Eredin on the battlefield and with frost a 10. if you have a commanders horn even better. it becomes a 20. Eredin's card number should be lowered then to a 12 or 10.
yeah that might be one way to make it worth picking ,, as you can see now no one bothered to bulid a deck around Eredin cause he's useless

Top Bottom