Opinions by gamers.

+
I can't get over just how incredible this game is. It's one of those experiences you just don't want to end; sure it's great to advance the story line but at the same time you feel a little sad because there's less of the game to enjoy. I haven't been this absorbed in a game in years. My only hope is that an even more expansive sequel is already in the works and the development time speedy; please vigorously expand The Witcher franchise and overwhelm us with content! :D

One of the few games where you really have to scratch your head before picking a dialog choice. A major plus (as compared to games as Elder Scrolls) is that game throws at you events around every corner. There'll never be a minute you are not engaged in a quest. Also having a quest tracker(arrow pointing to where you can further the quest) is a very cool feature, eliminating frustrating moments where you don't know what to do next.Combat is different from your standard fare, it's neither a crazy click fest nor traditional turn based. It turns out very well, leading to some frantic 5 vs 1fights where you do need to use faints,dodge moves and magic to outperform your opponents.A golden game, the kind that are not made often anymore. A must buy for rpg lovers.Also play on hard difficulty, then you will have fights that will make you sweat for the victory and you'll enjoy every minute of it.Thank you very much for the game, props to all devs.

If The Witcher had more armors, more weapons, fixed path finding, loading and saving times, no CTDs, if you could store and sleep in houses, then it would be straight 10, becouse story, world, characters, music they are just great. For example that quest in act IV Celina and Alina, I mean, was a bit drunk, playing in the morning after party and almost cry at the destiny that befall those girls. Really great.Like others stated before, this game has real replay value and the best FRP thing that happend for me since Gothic I.

vulgar said:
If The Witcher had more armors, more weapons, fixed path finding, loading and saving times, no CTDs, if you could store and sleep in houses, then it would be straight 10...
Then, it would be like some other games i know... They can't be all the same. Just imagine Geralt buy houses, store goods, armors, weapons, collecting ferniture... :D It wouldn't be the same person!

Guys, that game you created is just great. Beeing in the world of Geralt and share his adventures is very addictive. It's very hard to stopp playing because of work or other rl things.

As a former Diablo 2 / LoD player who had tons of items I don't miss that richness in The Witcher because there are so many possibilities to vary and create those stats from possible armors etc with alchemy, witcher signs and talents. It challenges the creativity of us all :)

Cassandra31EEE said:
Cassandra31EEE said:
If The Witcher had more armors, more weapons, fixed path finding, loading and saving times, no CTDs, if you could store and sleep in houses, then it would be straight 10...
Then, it would be like some other games i know... They can't be all the same. Just imagine Geralt buy houses, store goods, armors, weapons, collecting ferniture... :D It wouldn't be the same person!
I think that's why it works. I play Geralt and make choices within that narrower framework. Where other RPGs tend to fall down is when they don't present you with suitable choices based on the character YOU created and you're left feeling compromised.

i've been palying this game maxed for about 14 hours straight first day i got it, now i'm at chapter 4 with all side quests done and all i can say is WOW. This is the greatest game i've played, ever (not counting some really nice Oblivion mods, which this game still pwns in the face)my only complaint so far is the bad lip syncing and the load times..both are relatively minor..but cans get rather annoying at times, especially the loads

omg, when are you playing TW? Are you sleepeing? :eek:I bought it in 23th october and every day I play it some hours. But i'm still in chapter 2. :-[I'm trying to accomplish all quests... ok, today I'll finished chapter 2!Cool game! The greate game! wonderfull! Funny texts, suprised story, interesting quests, great elaborated moving of figures (on battle especially = like a dancing ;D)

I just finished this game.Great story with a bittersweet ending, a wonderfully rich and immersive world that seems alive, and a interesting premise. However, I simply couldn't get under the skin of Gerralt. Try as I did, I could not identify with him, care about him, or feel like I was him and that affects replayability. So, though I think it was a great game, I don't think it was the game for me, so I gifted it to my boss with glowing recommendations.

in my opinion, The Witcher is the best rpg since Baldur's Gate 2. thank you, CD Projekt RED, keep up the great work!

importedbeer said:
I just finished this game.Great story with a bittersweet ending, a wonderfully rich and immersive world that seems alive, and a interesting premise. However, I simply couldn't get under the skin of Gerralt. Try as I did, I could not identify with him, care about him, or feel like I was him and that affects replayability. So, though I think it was a great game, I don't think it was the game for me, so I gifted it to my boss with glowing recommendations.
I hope you mean you bought him a another copy ;). I always keep better than avergae (witcher is great) games for years so that when a long period of none such games (which happens a lot in RPGs) comes by I can fall back and replay them to void the gap, and if I gett he urge to replay after I forget must of the stuff it is just as fun again. I can't tell you how many times I replayed evil Islands or any other such great SP game (Evil Islands sucked mp) not to mention BG2, Diablo2, daggerfall, etc...I wouldn't want TW to become an oblivion clone, it was so blah... hand holding... It was a good game, especially with mods but some of its featuers ruined the mood for me.

Well for this old gamer here who will be 47 soon Played a lot of games not counting lots of rpg To me this is what I have been waiting for for a veary long time

Oblivion wasn't perfect because of the levelscaling and the boring combat system and the crappy story. The witcher has an awsome combat system, no level scaling and a great story, its almost perfect. And I just love it when you take your sword while running. :eek:

so far the game looks great im only in chapter one mainly due to the multiple crashing issues limiting my play time to half hour every few days hint hint patch.Anyway i really like the leveling system so far and the story does seem very good so far will probably look into the books soon. The battle system is fine it will probably get better when i get further into the game and have more witcher signs and better weapons.

Hi everyone, first post here...I bought the game a few days ago, picked it completly randomly on the shelves, and haven't stoped playing since.And as this is probably the most addictive game since a long time, may be since Vampire series, and elder scrolls, there are a few things that just keep out that game frome being a master piece. If you allow me, I will list the very good stuff and the things that just bother my gaming experience.++- Maturity, o god that's GOOD to have something at last that doesn't make me feel like a teenager.- Rythm, ambiance, characters, that's just amongst the best things i've ever seen on a computer screen. In a way, I felt like when I played for the first time I-War (probably a lot of you have never heard of that game).- Medieval researches and the witcher universe, perfectly balanced between historical truths and fantasy.- Humor.The bad stuff.- Loading screens, for a lot of video games, that's details, but for this one, as it has very few issues, it becomes really annoying, specially in towns. Though i'm sure that kind of thing will be corrected in the future.- Combat sequences, at first it's really nice, then with practice, the challenge juste fades and it becomes an automatism. I started a new character trying to use mainly magic to see if it's tougher that way.- Animations, the characters have always the same movements, which may look odd when there's a big bad ugly thing chasing them and they walk as if they were selling lust in Amsterdam's Red Quarter.Nevertheless, altogether, this is just a very promising piece of art, and I hope the team will correct the main problems, which is in my opinion the crashings and loading screens.Good work, and congratulations.Ps : Please excuse my bad english.

I love the idea of the game. But there is a slight dissapointment coming up noiw that I play it the second time around. It would have been great if the decisions Geralt make have an even deeper impact on the story line. A bit like it was mentioned and shown in one of the teasers before the game was released.One thing is sure... I love the animations, the story and am curious how it will go on. So I'm really hoping for a quick sequell or addon. The story as well as the whole backup story has so much potential. Don't wast that please!And I want to know more about the story that leads to the events shown in the ending of the game!Keep going... make more witcher games and keep up the concept!Love the game...

Top Bottom