opt-out of opt-in?

+
1.06 worked OK for me so far (some crashes, but always starting reliably).

Today, I was presented with a requester: do I allow CDPR to get some telemetry on my gaming machine? I answered yes, since I want to help them fix bugs and improve.

Since that "yes", the game gets stuck in a black screen when loading/continuing.

Because it is the only thing changed between "worked" and "doesn't work anymore", my question is: how do I turn that off? How do I reverse this allowing of telemetry, and get the game working again? Does anybody know?

(Edit/added data: game starts with title screens, game gets to selection load/continue, but after that, it blanks out to black screen, no reaction anymore. Music keeps playing, Task Cyberpunk2077.exe is running with CPU load, REDEngineErrorReporter.exe is loaded but no visible CPU usage.
Galaxy Sync has failed for weeks now "because of load" at 30-50%. )

Last edited:

Ziffa

Forum regular
You can try leave the option enabled and add a new rule for the game and launcher .exe inside windows firewall both in and out connection..

Tried both, thank you.
Also, tried "> Manage Installation > Repair/Verify" on the game files.
That alone didn't do the trick, though.
I had to go back half a dozen of savefiles, then it started working again.
So... was it corrupted saves? Some interference between Analytics and game settings?

Anyhow: let's see for how long it works. And thank you for the suggestions.
More things to fix, CDPR. Good Luck to you, and to us players.

Tried both, thank you.
Also, tried "> Manage Installation > Repair/Verify" on the game files.
That alone didn't do the trick, though.
I had to go back half a dozen of savefiles, then it started working again.
So... was it corrupted saves? Some interference between Analytics and game settings?

Anyhow: let's see for how long it works. And thank you for the suggestions.
More things to fix, CDPR. Good Luck to you, and to us players.
new savegame max size is 14mb it seems

new savegame max size is 14mb it seems
That wasn't the issue. My savegames are 4MB right now.

Something (I did? The repair did?) however did reset my keybindings, I noticed. Probably it changed some settings as well, but at first sight things appeared to be the same as before, so it wasn't a complete reset of my settings. Weird.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
Top Bottom