Optimal Graphic Setting?

+
Hello, I´ve got a new PC,

AMD Ryzen 3600 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super 8GB, 16GB RAM

I wonder how far I can go into the graphics without bombing my cooling and the game to be playable at 60+ FPS

Depends on the resolution you are planning to play. In HD there shouldn‘t be a cooling problem at all. At 4k you might have to limit the fps to 30 or 48, hard to say without having the same computer.

However, the 2080 isn‘t always working that smoothly with TW3, so you‘ll have to see for yourself how well it works for you.

Also sometimes unlimited framerates can cause lags, even with pretty good PC specs. If you experience lags, try limiting the framerate in the TW3 settings.

Depends on the resolution you are planning to play. In HD there shouldn‘t be a cooling problem at all. At 4k you might have to limit the fps to 30 or 48, hard to say without having the same computer.

However, the 2080 isn‘t always working that smoothly with TW3, so you‘ll have to see for yourself how well it works for you.

Also sometimes unlimited framerates can cause lags, even with pretty good PC specs. If you experience lags, try limiting the framerate in the TW3 settings.
I have tried to pump the settings to the max and I got 110-150 FPS and CPU/GPU temp was around 70 degrees Celsius, but since I wanted to save some energy and have the game run clear I turned on VSYNC to limit FPS to 60, cuz I have a pretty average 60 Hz monitor now. Also GPU usage was under 10% most of the time and CPU around 30% with Chrome and bunch of other stuff opened in the background running.

I have a 1050 ti i3 8g ram and I maxed most of the settings with smooth fps.
Sometimes it gets a bit spiky when Im running around Novigrad but nothing worth more changes.

On my i7-4790K and GTX 980 ti, I can put everything at Ultra, 1080p, Vsync On, and get 50-60 FPS pretty much everywhere, dips into the 30's in very rare spots. Uncapped frames go up 80+. Disabling Hairworks, I get a pretty steady 55-60, dips only into mid 40's in worst spots. (With FPS capped at 48 to fix my microstuttering, I've never seen it move. Solid 48 everywhere.)

So, yeah, I'd say your 2070 should get a significant leg up on that. You might even want to turn AA down and try out a 1440p or 2K resolution.

With that spec you should hit 60 FPS easily.
Post automatically merged:

1080p high settings.

On my i7-4790K and GTX 980 ti, I can put everything at Ultra, 1080p, Vsync On, and get 50-60 FPS pretty much everywhere, dips into the 30's in very rare spots. Uncapped frames go up 80+. Disabling Hairworks, I get a pretty steady 55-60, dips only into mid 40's in worst spots. (With FPS capped at 48 to fix my microstuttering, I've never seen it move. Solid 48 everywhere.)

So, yeah, I'd say your 2070 should get a significant leg up on that. You might even want to turn AA down and try out a 1440p or 2K resolution.
I'd take higher resolution but my monitor is crap so I don't play on doing that.

I'd take higher resolution but my monitor is crap so I don't play on doing that.

Downsampling tech through the GPU works really well. My monitor is 1080p, but I've cranked certain games up to full 4K, and it looks super-crisp. I'd imagine, with capped FPS, you should be able to land pretty smooth performance at 1440p with a 2070.

Because like they mentioned above we have different PC specs and brand. Just try the LOW - MEDIUM - HIGH - ULTRA in Graphics Preset like I did and you can find it yourself.

Honestly, with those specs, you should be fine at Ultra with at least 60FPS no problem.

Download CAM by NZXT and monitor your temps in case you have any doubts.

Top Bottom