Optimizing the Ricochet gameplay.

+
Maybe I'm the only one who feels that ricochet as it is need some tuning.
In a building you can have some luck with placing a few ricochet shots, but down bother trying to use it in the open world.
You can aim around like crazy hoping to find a ricochet spot without ever finding one in half a dozen encounters.
It feels lacking or unfinished. So here's my suggestion to improve upon what we have.

The Ballistic Coprocessor rarity no longer changes the number of ricochets.
Default ricochet is 1, ricochet related perks remain unchanged.
A new addition to this implant is the Target Acquisition Generator (TAG)

For each second you aim down sights at an enemy, a progress bar above a said enemy begins filling.
This bar doesn't disappear immediately, so you can duck behind cover if this get too dicey and resume the bullet trajectory calculation when it's a bit safer.
Once the bar is full, on a nearby surface a spot will be highlighted on your HUD for a couple of seconds.
Shots fired at that spot will ricochet a bullets at your TAGged enemy.

Common: no slots - No TAG support - Basic Ricochet.
Uncommon: no slots - 5 seconds to TAG - 4 seconds to shoot the ricochet area.
Rare: no slots - 4 seconds to TAG - 5 seconds to shoot the ricochet area.
Epic: 1 slot - 3 seconds to TAG - 5 seconds to shoot the ricochet area. (multiple ricochets support through perks)
Legendary: 2 slots - 3 seconds to TAG - 5 seconds to shoot the ricochet area. (multiple ricochets support through perks)

Epic and Legendary differ in the fact that they have (a) mod slot(s).
These mod slots are there to install TAG firmware upgrades.
These upgrades van improve different things, based on personal game preference:
- Color of TAG system.
- Faster TAG acquisition time.
- Additional time to shoot the ricochet area.
- Each bullet that connects through the TAG system decreases a new TAG acquisition by .5 seconds.
- etc...

To me it feels it would bring the power weapons a bit more in line with the Tech and Smart weapons.

Last edited:
I primarily play using power weapons and ricochet seems pointless to me, if only to aim at the floor for damage bonuses when directly enaged with an enemy.
Tagging enemies and having a marker is a good idea, would definitely give it some usefulness.

What about if you could tag enemies using cyberware turning them blue and a transparent blue marker - either a circle or larger square appears on the surface you're aiming towards showing where the ricochet lines up for bonus damage.

The only problem I have with this is that if you are moving around a lot or if the enemy is moving, you could end up with a marker flying around the place.

Top Bottom