Option for walking/ running?

+
Yeah, I totally agree with you. :) GTA and RDR did it very well indeed. Sounds like that won't be the case in TW3 sadly. In so many new games you are basically forced to jog around the place. Looks a bit silly to me especially while wearing heavy armor e.g.
I know.. I brought this up to the devs years ago, I have no confidence in the sensitive push toggle systems for walking in video games lol... It sucks because it makes me tense while playing because I'm always trying to walk, and I never know when to far is to far on the toggle until Geralt starts jogging like an idiot all the time. I just want to relax and know that if I push the toggle all the way up, Geralt will just walk. That's why RDR is PERFECT toggle = walk hold A = jog tap A = run @Marcin Momot do you know what's up with all this? ;)

Last edited:
Too bad ! I thought it will be like Rockstar did with their games, trying to walk was such a pain on xbox 360 with the Witcher 2.
So this game won't perfect after all ?

:huh:

Yeah but if Geralt is taken from a sudden urge to run in front of that naked sorceress because I pressed a little too hard on the joystick ? He may hurt himself at the corner of the table on which is placed the fisstech, bringing down the table, the fisstech, the sorceress and all the beauty of the situation.

Yeah but if Geralt is taken from a sudden urge to run in front of that naked sorceress because I pressed a little too hard on the joystick ? He may hurt himself at the corner of the table on which is placed the fisstech, bringing down the table, the fisstech, the sorceress and all the beauty of the situation.
I would love to see this :D :D

But he is a mutant after all, superhuman agility and reflexes :D

There was a section of the 35 minute vid where Geralt walks into a Tavern. I think the so much running was to show things as much as they can in the time frame they had.

There was a section of the 35 minute vid where Geralt walks into a Tavern. I think the so much running was to show things as much as they can in the time frame they had.

You can walk in this game that's for sure, the question is : is there an easy way of walking with a controller, or is it extremely difficult like in the Witcher 2 on console where you have to push the joystick gently (no more than 2milimeters, it was way too much sensitive) or Geralt began to run. That's not what makes the game but it's quite important for immersion. As we said the Rockstar way is certainly the better but maybe it can't be reproduced in another game ?

It's pretty simple to walk with the controller. You just have to slightly tilt the left analog stick instead of pushing it all the way.

It's pretty simple to walk with the controller. You just have to slightly tilt the left analog stick instead of pushing it all the way.

And wit Mouse and Keyboard? Dragon Age had to put that in with a patch as well...

Edit: Some claim a toggle is in the game, so I hope it is true.

Top Bottom