Option to censor profanity?

+
It would be best if you weren't playing CP2077 when there are children nearby. And if you are worried about your parents, then you are probably too young to play the game yourself.

As a father of three kids, I do not understand those parents who are going crazy if their child hears an "f-word" or sees a naked human body but at the same are OK with showing kids violence and killing. Don't get me wrong - I'm against everything, but seeing V killing twenty people, five of them decapitating at close range with a knife, and then saying "Monkeyfighter fiddlesticks" is just silly.

I completely understand as I have 2 kids. But my kids hear way worse listening to online youtubers.

as far as wearing a headset, I do wear one, but after 6 hours in, my ears do hurt a bit, not sure why.

Interesting post though, and I like it, I started the same style of thread yesterday to have a moderator halt/delete it.

however, my comparison point wasn't turning off cursing, it was a gore censor lol. But I like how you roll.

Example:
shoot someone in the head in game and head explodes (gore filter off)
or
shoot someone in the head in game and they just fall down, no head explosion (gore filter on)

The moderators are correct though, this would entail a lot of extra work on the devs, and it does have a rating on the game.

Maybe in the future they may offer patches to appease the many. Just be patient and play with 1 earbud in moderately. It's worth playing.

Only if they replace the cursing with over the top non-cursing. For example:

Fiddlesticks
Gee-golly-willickers
Biscuit-eater
Darn
Flippin
Shucks

LMAO!!! That would almost be worth doing a playthrough on it's own just to hear the absolute ridiculousness of those words in a Cyberpunk setting. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

A 'Beep' filter for profanity in dozens of languages? Sounds expensive, and pointless.

Maybe play Resident Evil instead? -w

If this is anything like the nudity, it won't be optional. it'll just get patched out to more conform to their effort to shadow patch to a PG-13 rating.

Look, real talk: This is an adult game (or supposed/was-advertised-before-release to be at least). There are many triggers. There are so many pints in this game that pull me one way or the other. One little spot, I had to take a break. I had to go find my safe space for a bit, but I came back. It is something that you should learn to deal with when you get older, but unfortunately, not everyone learns to cope without sunshine and rainbows.

TLDR: You're taking your parents or children to a strip club for some really good steak, and asking the strippers to cover-up and play The Wiggles while you are in there to enjoy your meal.

TLDR: You're taking your parents or children to a strip club for some really good steak, and asking the strippers to cover-up and play The Wiggles while you are in there to enjoy your meal.

^ a perfect example

As a father of three kids, I do not understand those parents who are going crazy if their child hears an "f-word" or sees a naked human body but at the same are OK with showing kids violence and killing.
I just have the one daughter. I made her press my crossbow button in Witcher 3 while aiming at a cat. I told her it was the pet button. :giveup:

Top Bottom