Option to scale font size

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Option to scale font size

We all knew it would have been possible to scale, among pretty much every element of the interface, the font size of the in-game text to adjust it to your liking or needs. Apparently, this is no longer the case.

So, is there any chance to see it return? Personally I'll be playing on PC at arm's length from my monitor, but I know quite a few console players who regularly struggled with reading subtitles in other games and were thrilled at the idea of being able to enlarge them in The Witcher 3. I don't know if it ended up as something impossible to implement, but if there's a hope of it being patched in, I think it'd be great.

yeah I can see how that feature would be useful to many people especially on console

Also PC might have mods that could increase the size

yeah I can see how that feature would be useful to many people especially on console

Also PC might have mods that could increase the size

It surely will, but console players in particular often play on their TV while sitting on their couch, with a good distance between them and the text. So those who would technically and supposedly need it the most are the ones who can't have it.

On such a text-heavy game with not too many voice-over languages, moreover, being able of reading clearly and comfortably is of the utmost importance. That's why it'd be a great feature to have, in my opinion. :)

PS4 font size too small?

I just had a look at the first Youtube videos of the PS4 version and found some texts to be barely readable on my 50 inch TV.

It feels like the HUD was not meant to be used for consoles on a TV. I hope the HUD scale options can fix this problem, for console games in general feature font and HUD sizes that are bigger than the corresponding PC versions, for increased readability on living room TVs.

What do you think? Just play the PS4 Youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1HPulLdatI) on your living room TV and have a look for example at the button explanations on the bottom right...

I Agree, The font size of Console version especially the subtitles when they talk, are too Small. :look:
So if this problem will be patched as soon as possible, it will be great.
Thanks

The devs are hunched over their keyboards six inches away from the monitor all day and don't realize that many people play on their flat screens, six plus feet away.

It's not just console players either. I'm a PC gamer, but I always kick my feet up and play off my flat screen tv.

Pretty please add a way to adjust the Font Size on PS4, reading the description of Items is totally hell (right now).

Please add this function to PC as well, if you're planning on implementing it. I'm going to be playing on my TV, and when trying that with the Witcher 2, I found the text impossible to read.

Please add this function to PC as well, if you're planning on implementing it. I'm going to be playing on my TV, and when trying that with the Witcher 2, I found the text impossible to read.

I am pretty sure w mod will be out for this after a week. The main problem is in the consoles.

No one answers? I can not play because I can not read the subtitles!
And we have no dubbing over Spain, and we have to eat such as young subtitles? this is to denounce!

No one answers? I can not play because I can not read the subtitles!
And we have no dubbing over Spain, and we have to eat such as young subtitles? this is to denounce!

They are working not reading every bloody thread.

Yes this is a real issue. Adjustable fonts and UI is important because resolutions change, people don't all play the same distance from the view screen be it a TV or monitor. But give them TIME respond, give them Time to fix it.

i run the game on a 42" tv and I can't see the subtitles. It's awful.
Please, fix it as soon as possible.
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

They are working not reading every bloody thread.

Yes this is a real issue. Adjustable fonts and UI is important because resolutions change, people don't all play the same distance from the view screen be it a TV or monitor. But give them TIME respond, give them Time to fix it.

or at least, wait for the Release ^^

We all knew it would have been possible to scale, among pretty much every element of the interface, the font size of the in-game text to adjust it to your liking or needs. Apparently, this is no longer the case.

So, is there any chance to see it return? Personally I'll be playing on PC at arm's length from my monitor, but I know quite a few console players who regularly struggled with reading subtitles in other games and were thrilled at the idea of being able to enlarge them in The Witcher 3. I don't know if it ended up as something impossible to implement, but if there's a hope of it being patched in, I think it'd be great.

Sorry CD Projekt RED but I won't buy the game until the subtitles get fixed.

This is more important than any other aspect of the game. I don't mind about bugs, performance and the downgraded graphics... but those tiny subtitles destroy the experience to everyone who doesn't speak the languages in which the game is dubbed (and are console players).

I want to enjoy the game (the story - the most important part of TW 3 in my opinion) without using magnifying glasses but right now that's not possible. I find it disrespectful. I mean I would like to read every dialogue within the game but the subtitles won't let me do it because they are incredibly small.

This is essential and should be already fixed. I don't think it is too difficult to add an option for the subtitles considering the rest of the UI is completely modifiable... ¿or is it? If so explain why it won't be possible. I would like to know the reason at least.

Again, I am so sorry CD Projekt RED but this is like a slap in the face I didn't expect from you.
I hope you will listen to the feedback and give us some options to increase the subtitles font size (on console version) as soon as possible.

Thanks and best regards.

P.S. After meditating about it I decided I am going to buy the game anyway because I still trust in you and I am sure you will fix it soon. Don't let us down and solve this annoying problem for the sake of all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom