Option to scale font size

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
@alex234 I mean that sitting really close to your display, in this case a PC monitor, will allow you to read the text but story changes when you are playing it on the couch, on the console attached to TV several feet from the display.

They are working not reading every bloody thread.

Yes this is a real issue. Adjustable fonts and UI is important because resolutions change, people don't all play the same distance from the view screen be it a TV or monitor. But give them TIME respond, give them Time to fix it.
This should of NEVER been an issue to begin with. Even a level 1 programmer knows that you have to be able to read the text in any game whether it's on PC or console.

---------- Updated at 06:42 PM ----------

How bad is it on PS4?
Extremely bad, it makes the game basically unplayable.

Hope this get fixed soon. I can't enjoy this game at all right now, and I'm definitely not going to sit two feet from the TV. Guess I'll just put it aside until it's fixed.

I have a 50 inch plasma and i sit about 7 feet away and the text is still too small to read half of the time! it's making it really difficult to enjoy the game right now due to this problem. Shame because i really love the game otherwise, hope it's patched soon.

It would be nice to hear back from the devs. I stopped playing the game, as I want to enjoy it. Icons/pics/fonts in the menus are way to small.

They said on twitter that they're investigating it. I don't know what they're investigating though; it's not hard. Just make it bigger.
No one could argue that the font size is large or even normal size. It's not like it's only a few people who think it's too small.
It is factually a very small font size that they chose to use. There are literally hundreds of people complaining about it. Nobody likes it. Make it bigger. It's not a bug. It's a design flaw. They simply overlooked something, and it's an easy fix.

You know, guys, the irony is that the font used for given items and experience points is so BIG and CLEAR. I can't explain how they ended up with the subtitle and loot fonts as small as they are.

Oh thank goodness there is a thread for this!, the text in this game is shockingly tiny and very very difficult to read, I don't care so much about the subtitles but every other text in the game is minuscule, I have to sit very close to the TV hunched over and squinty.....it's uncomfortable and they should have an option to make font bigger. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CDPR FIX THIS ASAP! I want to love this game and I am enjoying it but the font is beyond a joke!

I am all for the ability to re-size the font even though I am fine with how it is now and I'm playing on my 46" TV from around 8.5 feet away. I can see how for some it's too small.

Here's my reply from support on the issue!

Are you kidding me!

Hello,

I am really sorry to hear that.
Please change the HUD size under:
Options -> Video -> Hud Configuration
Maybe your are too far away from your TV? I found an interesting article about the distance of preffered a HDTV for it to be comfortable.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimum_HDTV_viewing_distance

Kind regards,
Karol Pyziak

LOL, my distance is 2-3 Meters and i cant read the stuff i am looting :D Im playing on a 47* TV

They said on twitter that they're investigating it. I don't know what they're investigating though; it's not hard. Just make it bigger.
No one could argue that the font size is large or even normal size. It's not like it's only a few people who think it's too small.
It is factually a very small font size that they chose to use. There are literally hundreds of people complaining about it. Nobody likes it. Make it bigger. It's not a bug. It's a design flaw. They simply overlooked something, and it's an easy fix.
Yep, design flaw. At least now we know they know@ twitter. ;-)
Let's hope for a super quick fix, 'cause this is very annoying.

I keep hearing that "they are looking into this", but there's no confirmation that a fix is coming. Is it difficult for them to fix this?

In the meantime, I suggest that everyone who has this issue submit a tech support request. Right now there are many issues competing for the developer's attention, and we need to let them know that the small font issue is a priority:

Here is the link to their support: http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

Hopefully this gets resolved soon, and then my daughter can get her binoculars back.

I play the PC version on my TV and all text is very hard to read. This is a problem on all platforms, not just consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom