Option to scale font size

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just adding my name to the list of people with trouble with the font size. I'm using the zoom feature mentioned above for the PS4 but it really hurts the gameplay to keep having to do that.

Hopefully something will be done soon with it

Same here, text (subtitles, item descrptions etc) is far too small in console version, should be at least twice the size it currently is. Please add an option to the game. Outstanding game by the way.

The small font size is proving to be a problem for us.

My wife and I are playing on a console, using our wall mounted TV. The font is so small that we are using our daughter's binoculars to read the smaller type on inventory screens.

Please fix this. Thank you.

I agree. The font for the names of people "BLACKSMITH" etc are very large but the descriptions for items in inventory and during loot pickups are very, very small. It's funny, because I like to keep the HUD small to get more to look at on-screen during exploration; but when it comes to examining my items, well--a bit of an increase in font size would be helpful.

Thx for the answer... I am a pc player, but I am a designer too, readability it is quite uneasy even on PC, I would rather to have bigger type or customise it. I am not interested in subtitles, but I agree with everyone that be able to adjust text for everyone would improve everything for everyone. We just have to wait for a future realise and patch.

Just registered to add to this post, I have the game on PS4 and a lot of it is unreadable. Already moved the couch forward quite a bit, but still, things like loot and inventory aren't readable unless I get up and move towards the TV. I hope they'll fix this ASAP, the game looks and feels awesome, but this is a huge issue for me.

Last edited:
i have a pc and a pretty small monitor. and it's a chore to read to read what i'm looting, the text is too damn small. i never played witcher 2 because of this and they never fixed it. and yes, the witcher series is the only one where i have this problem. that's a damn shame.

Playing on PS4 and it's a real eye strain to try to read anything - sitting 2 metres away from a 47" TV. I keep having to lean towards the screen just to be able to read the tiny fonts. After an hour of playing and having to focus on such minute letters is really tiring. An increase in font size would be really appreciated.

Definitely agree. Tried playing for a few hours (PS4) but had to stop due to horrible eyestrain from squinting at the very tiny text.

On PS4, the font is too small, specially in the inventory. Like, pissing me off kinda small. I had to walk up to my 50" TV several times last night to see what the heck it said when I was looking at ingredients for potions, etc. The subtitles are "Ok" but it would be nice to have larger ones.

I play on PC, but with a living room setup, so I'm sitting pretty far away from the screen, and this is definitely a problem. Not so much the subtitles as the inventory and the loot popups. So if this is patched in... all platforms, please.

Yes, the problem is for everyone, not just console users. If you have a large TV (or anything larger than a traditional computer monitor) you will struggle reading the text. The game is amazing, and this is really the only flaw I can find with it. Unfortunately it's a big flaw since it makes playing the game quite uncomfortable. On the Witcher subreddit, this is one of the top posts, so there are LOTS of people with this problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/36h9js/dear_cdpr_i_love_your_game_but_please_let_us/

Yeah, the text size is WAY too small. I am on PC, but like many others playing on a television. I am frequently having to lean in to peer at tiny descriptions in the inventory.I can usually read the text, but it is far too small to be comfortable.

I am on a 65" screen and I had to quit playing after an hour. My eyes are killing me. I will never understand why everything has to be so small. Skyrim did the best with this that I have seen. In fact, I will be back to playing that hoping they have a fix for this!

font size is ridiculously small (ps4 here)! i have a 50 inch television and i sit 2 meters from it and still can't read most of the texts on the screen. especially the loot description. how to they play this game during the development? 50 inch + 1 meter distance???

Hi CDPR Team,
I have to add my voice to this call for a larger font size for pretty much everything in the game. I play on PS4 and, having just started, feel I am missing out on a lot of the intricate details of the story and lore, as well as the items, signs, abilities, etc. I am new to the world and mechanics and it's making the learning curve very steep. I have 20/20 vision and don't want to miss out on the story, but I worry that this fix may come too late or not all.

Other than that, the game is ama-zing and thanks to the 200+ team!

I want to add my voice to this request as well, not even that far from my screen but the menu's are a pain to read.
Otherwise, loving the game so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom