Option/Toggle for the original braindance flashing/strobing effect

+
Allowing the majority of unaffected players to switch back to the original iteration of the braindance headset's intentionally high-frequency flashing/strobing effect.

Leave it on the modified v1.04 "Reduced" as the default setting, but at least give us the CHOICE to also have lights at high frequencies blasted onto our corneas/retinas, if we want to and know that we can handle it. This is a mature game after all, and I'm sure as mature adults everyone can make that decision for her- or himself, there's no need to have something that accomodates to a minority's needs FORCED UPON EVERYONE.

Thanks for considering.

Seconded, +1.
I hate when developers force something like that, without notice and more importantly without a way to opt out of their questionable decision, by ways of an option to tick or untick.

Hopefully modders can do something about it, if CDPR isn't willing to put in the effort for a toggle under gameplay options, for instance.

Same here, I definitely understand why this has been modified and truly believe the modified version should be set by default, so no-one gets a bad surprise when time comes for the braindance,.

But that flashing lights sequence was pretty damn rad, very "Sci-Fy-esque"!
So it would be good for the players who don't suffer from these to have the ability to set it to its original sequence. I know it's only a small detail, but it's a bit of a loss as this was an excellent visual effect and I feel somewhat frustrated every time I now see the updated version.

Yes please! I was just gonna make a thread about this.

I loved how jarring the effect was in 1.03! It really stood out to me actually. I think making this a process little "uncomfortable" and mezmerising for the player is perfect.

I would suggest to make a popup when the game is launched for the first time with a warning and the option to turn this on or off as well as a toggle in the settings obviously.

Hi, I love the fact that you patched so quickly to address the health issue of many players.
As a non-epileptic, though, I really enjoyed the flashing animation of the BD headset, and the new one in comparison is... Well it's not exciting at all.
I was wondering if it would be possible for you to code an option to toggle these changes on or off (with the default being on for the sake of not surprising people with random seizures).
Thanks for your time

Literally the sole reason why I had not made the upgrade to 1.04 yet.
Just to see for myself if it's that bad as it's made out to be.

Now that I've experienced it first-hand two times, I can kind of understand the concerns.
However, CDPR certainly made the wrong decision of dialing it back for everyone, including the vast majority of people not affected by this. The reduced effect may be an improvement for those affected but it's definitely inferior to the original iteration which not only contributed but, for me at least, really sold this whole theoretical braindance technology as something that might actually be not that far off from becoming reality.

Therefore I would really like to see that option/toggle implemented, to be able to get to experience the braindance procedure in its original unaltered presentation again, in my current as well as in future playthroughs.

THIS !!!
I spent the last 15 minutes trying to create an account here from my phone. Didn't work so I used my pc instead, so finally I can say what I came for.
I was thinking exactly the same with a toggle function! Give us back the BD animation. For once it acctually MAKES SENSE to have this amount of flashing lights in a game.
The blinking lights actually gave some important credibility to how the BD process works. Now it's just straight out dissapointing.

I'm on my 2nd playthrough now. It's an awesome game, even with the bugs and constant crashing on PS4. Those I could live with, even though it's irritating to have to save all the time in case the game crashes and you'll have to replay a long time.
But the removal of this animation was the drop that made me real annoyed!

PLEASE USE A TOGGLE SYSTEM INSTEAD OF DOWNGRADING THE EXPERIENCE FOR EVERYONE ELSE !!!!!!!!!
Please please please! It was SOOOO good before

As I already wrote in the other thread:
I don't understand why this wasn't made an option in the first place. Surely must be anything but a technical biggie to just split this into two states - 'original' and 'reduced' - and then turn it into a corresponding switch in the gameplay options.

Just forcing it on ALL just because A FEW have a problem with something is NOT doing it the right way.

I first noticed this on my second playthrough without knowing the reasons for it...

I much prefer the original myself.

It's only recently that I learned of the problems with seizures, and I can see why that had to be changed.

I would be in support of the option to change back to the originals, but that could also come back to bite the devs in the butt.
As some people would attempt to hold them accountable when the inevitable person who has such sensitivity changes them to the original and has problems.

Last edited:
+! Have to agree with this wholeheartedly. How many things are going to be removed from the majority, due to the gripes of the minority? Certainly both current HUGE issues could have been easily resolved by a TOGGLE.

I watch the total recall remake by chance and the flashing lights, ... oh boy, it's not a strange concept to the CyberPunk world, and the effect is very nice, it's a shame it was removed because some people had a problem with flashing light, did not see any promotional material and did not think that a flashy neon setting will have flashing lights. Can we please remove all color from the game because my retina hurts when seeing bright colors and need the game to run in a very saturated or black and white mod?
And please make the game black and white for all players so that I feel included. Thank you!

Any news? I wouldn't even need it as a toggle in game. I just hope there is some based art guy who can leave the needed file as a download somewhere and I will replace it in my install myself. Pretty please. It looked so good.

I agree! I've got epilepsy, medicated with valproic acid and everything, and played this game day one before they patched it out. I didn't stoke out and the effect was bitching, genuinely made me dizzy, which I would imagine would be the initial effects of booting up some crazy future VR.

I am the minority that is being catered to and I want the choice to have it on. just shouldn't be the default; and a warning on the toggle; coz for people with a visual trigger that would totally do it :p.

I would love to see a toggle for this! I thought it was really cool, and then a patch hit and it was gone. :(

Make it default to off, and pop up a big warning with a double confirmation to turn it on (to make the lawyers happy).

Hope that's still something to be considered for one of the next bigger updates.
Should be trivial/relatively easy enough to implement.

Should be optional =)
I get it's an important fix - for a small percentage of players - so why not. But please, in some of your (hopefully) usefull patches include this for the long run. Thanks!

+1

There are many games that upon startup ask you about language settings, display placement and brightness settings and whatnot. They should do the same and add options for colorblindness, seizure-inducing effects, nudity, gore etc. And if you want to change these later you can find them in the options menu.

Top Bottom