Option/Toggle for the original braindance flashing/strobing effect

+
As I already wrote in the other thread:
I don't understand why this wasn't made an option in the first place. Surely must be anything but a technical biggie to just split this into two states - 'original' and 'reduced' - and then turn it into a corresponding switch in the gameplay options.

Just forcing it on ALL just because A FEW have a problem with something is NOT doing it the right way.
There's a simple reason why they did this and why the option for it won't return.

All it would take is one instance of an issue occurring for someone to file a lawsuit (or even just to fake a claim). Regardless if a suit was warranted or frivolous, it can cost a small fortune to defend in a court.

There's really no upside other than "hey, that's neat" while there is legal and financial risk in doing it.

i donno i still get my eyes blasted and i love it and if i dont feel like it i pet my dog or check my phone.
edit: was that effect that went to white and then to a bit "negative" before transitioning to the scene?

Make that another +1 for the option to revert back to the original iteration of the effect.
Giving the player the choice, and not forcing something on the player is how it should always be.

I came to this forum to ask for something similar, for CDPR give an option to disable the distortion effect when taking bullet hits, since it causes motion sickness and i can't really play the game.

You can get the original braindance effects at https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/1919
While that's commendable and definitely appreciated there's still no excuse for CDPR to not implement that (or the HUD toggles for the objective markers, vendor icons, loot icons, etc) in an official capacity though.
Maybe it's actually happening sooner than later now that the pointless multiplayer portion has been cancelled and resources can be put to use on adding and implementing things that matter and actually improve the gameplay experience of the main game.

On the flipside, this sort of thing is how people who are absolutely certain they're not epileptic discover that they are, in fact, epileptic.

On the flipside, this sort of thing is how people who are absolutely certain they're not epileptic discover that they are, in fact, epileptic.
Even then it should still be an option (with the modified "Reduced" version of the effect as the default setting).

Another bump for visibility (and, hopefully, for consideration/inclusion in the next patch).

+1

Agreed... Safe version by default, but with an option to choose the original eye-blasting effect if preferred. No different than the toggle for Geralt's movement in TW3... (I always switch THAT to the original too... very much prefer the inertia of the original movement system over the more "floaty/arcadey" feeling movement that was added later.)

+1

Agreed... Safe version by default, but with an option to choose the original eye-blasting effect if preferred. No different than the toggle for Geralt's movement in TW3... (I always switch THAT to the original too... very much prefer the inertia of the original movement system over the more "floaty/arcadey" feeling movement that was added later.)
Even more puzzling that the original is still absent and has not been reintroduced as an alternative to the boring safe (and anything but "eye-popping") version as it's not like something complex and gameplay-affecting like Witcher 3's alternative movement mode.
Surely it can't be about anything more than just toggling a different shader on top of those little LED panels (for each eye) to be able to strobe or not.

Look this effect gave someone a grand mal seizure. In real life. Not in a computer game. It's not coming back. Get over it.

Another well-meant bump for visibility and, hopefully, consideration/inclusion in the next patch.

Look this effect gave someone a grand mal seizure. In real life. Not in a computer game. It's not coming back. Get over it.
Hence the proposed reintroduction of the original effect as an option, with the revised "safe" effect as the default setting (so that you'd have to manually switch over to the original proper iteration of the effect).
Essentially like it was done with the introduction of the above mentioned alternative "arcadey" movement system vs. the original, more realistic natural movement system The Witcher 3 was released with back when.

Another well-meant bump for visibility and, hopefully, consideration/inclusion in the next patch.

Hence the proposed reintroduction of the original effect as an option, with the revised "safe" effect as the default setting (so that you'd have to manually switch over to the original proper iteration of the effect).
Essentially like it was done with the introduction of the above mentioned alternative "arcadey" movement system vs. the original, more realistic natural movement system The Witcher 3 was released with back when.
People do not necessarily know they are epileptic until they are exposed to a trigger and have a fit. This is a really bad idea and should not happen.

Top Bottom