Option/Toggle to hide objective markers/vendor icons/other symbols in the HUD

+
Maybe the devs all younger generations, never used a physical map to orientate, grow up with gps alwayw available, its dark witchcraft for them if someone walks new paths from A to B just by watching terrain, without floating icons.

Back in the early RPG days you had small, dense, and fairly interactive towns but they weren't realistic in scale. Then came The Witcher 3 with towns like Novigrad which while they were huge and realistic in scale, the interactivity wasn't exactly expanded accordingly. It was pretty much the same old level of interactivity but stretched out. So the question is why did they bother? Why all the praise for that game?

For the feeling of immersion that all of the extra artistic detail gave you. There will always be those types of players who complain about nothing to do in games like this and won't ever be satisfied. But then there are other players who are able to forget about the distance between places of interest for a second and just enjoy the journey itself.

The key word I think here though is "forget"! Floating interest point markers just make the first type of player even more impatient, and they make it hard for the second type of player to suspend their disbelief. The very fact that you're really in a small interactive town is literally pointed out to you constantly!

It's sad, but I'm honestly at the point where I can't play the game any further until an option to remove these markers is added because I feel like I'm just ruining the experience for myself right now.

Could it be, some smart buisnesmen dev erase that option, made it so hard to uncover for the modders, and wait now for a rich player who make modrequest with paying good money???

In my hours of google search, there was an old statement from 2019 by Alvin Liu about a "hardcore" mode without a hud. CD projekt red never correct that statement nor delete it, so we have a case of false advertisement.

I mean seriously, if i need highlighted objects i use the scan key....
If i dont find the way, i check the map...
If someone shot at me i know he is enemy, i need no symbol above him for that!

So 1.05 is out, why is this not added in the options.
We cried and spamed as good we can, what else should we do?
And for pc's, no modder seems to know where to look for it.

+1mln

The point is that you give to us the option to switch off hud elements, but the most annoying stuff no.
I know you have more important stuff to do but it's literally a one day job for you to add the possibility to remove it.

Thanks!

Stopped playing because of this. I was talking to Jackie in the caravan at the beginning of the game and an icon of a pair of scissors appeared on the right to distract me.
These object icons, quest markers, arrows above enemies etc... completely break the immersion for me.

Yes, let's make this game more 'immersive'. I would like to turn of the weapon icon.. or least have te option to have that, the map, objectives, etc. pop on the screen when you drive or get into combat or an encounter.

The spirit of christmas came to us. On nexus the first real mods appered, a customizable hud within reach.
Long live jesus, hail santa claus!

I guess that Cyberpunk is the last game to obstruct existence of the HUD :)
But sirously, the quest marker is awful and i give you that. It has that pulsing round circle around it which is blinding to me.
I would also extend the on/off toggle option to a transparency slider.

Tracking needs to be able to be disabled. I am always chasing a yellow marker that I want nothing to do with.
Post automatically merged:

Check nexus, mod is realesed
The game is too new for me to go looking for mods. Once they hammer out more of the details, I'll check them out. The game is still under construction. Let them plant the grass before you run the lawn mower.

For pc, hour ago, mods came out. Its now possible to remove enemy health bars(and the lttle icons), the questmarker and the dark effect while you in stealthmodus

And it works.

Latest patch (1.1) notes under UI:
  • Fixed an issue where prompt for exiting braindance could be missing.
  • Removed an invalid item from loot.
This was supposed to be a huge patch. I really don't want to keep bumping this thread, but please just add the option to disable a few things with the next patch (1.2).

Maybe next month then? Thanks.

I too hope that's still something to be considered for official implementation by CDPR themselves.
Looking at the recent exploits situation it's clear that you can't and frankly shouldn't have to rely on mods, especially for something as trivial and therefore as relatively easy to implement as additional UI/HUD options/toggles.

Another thing that should be toggleable is the loot icon in its various colour-coded iterations designating the quality/rarity (Common, Uncommon, Rare, and so on). I definitely could do without a literal ton of those cluttering up the screen after a particularly huge fight and having numerous corpses piling up in one big lump or very close to each other.

I coudnt agree more. My flight instructor used to complain a lot about young students who are so attached to google maps tracking, that they are lacking basic skills of situational orientation, direction and map reading. Those are the times we are living that everything has to be made easy but come on, where is the fun?

As much as I can understand GPS track when you`re driving a car in a city, those yellow paths in buildings are annoying as hell and invite you to switch off any thinking or finding alternate paths. Woudnt it really be enough to guide you to a certain sectors so you have basic idea where you should look for something and not lead you by hand to the specific desk or computer?

Also, CDP put so much effort in creating city with lots of details and if you`re just focused on following yellow line, you miss a lot of great visuals.

Last edited:
Upcoming patch 1.2 notes:

Miscellaneous
  • A settings option to hide Potential Enemy Markers was added to the Interface tab.
  • A settings option to hide NPC name overhead display was added to the Interface tab.

I wonder if "NPC names" includes the floating merchant and quest icons etc. I'm hoping it does.

Really?
You guys - again - couldn't spare a couple minutes to add these here suggested HUD on/off toggles for the objective markers, vendor icons, loot icons, etc?

I wonder if "NPC names" includes the floating merchant and quest icons etc. I'm hoping it does.
Doesn't sound like it, as it's specifically referring to "names"(?).

Really?
You guys - again - couldn't spare a couple minutes to add these here suggested HUD on/off toggles for the objective markers, vendor icons, loot icons, etc?
Must be extraordinarily low on their priority list.
Which, if that's the case, is truly baffling because those toggles are probably the cheapest and at the same time most effective way to a significantly more immersive and overall better experience.

Last edited:
Really?

Doesn't sound like it, as it's specifically referring to "names"(?).

I am more concerned with the map not the quest arrow myself. Toggling and searching various types of map icons can all be done in the "paid for" online map. I sure hope they are not deliberately keeping it only on the online map to make the paid for map more worth purchasing.

Top Bottom