Optional "Do you really want to do that?" box for playing units on a row that doesnt trigger their effect.

+
This is fairly annoying. Ive seen a number of people do this even at reasonably high ranks and streamers who definitely play the game a lot more than the average player. And its obviously a barrier for fast play if you have to memorize every cards row requirement when picking up a new faction (i.e. rereading everything before playing).

An option in the menu that will make the game automatically ask you wether or not you intend to play the unit on the row that doesnt trigger its effect. if unchecked the box just doesnt appear.

That is because as I already told, game designers spated on the reallity: they made fighters easily played in ranged and archers with healers - in melee. With this battlefield chaos it's easy to make a mistake.
My suggestion here is to make 33% melee, 33% ranged and 33% flex troops. So there will no any option in playing melee on ranged, ranged on melee. Only 33% flexible troops will have two options. And u'll remember them easily because of special sign, like it was in Beta.
This option, u offer does not really solve the problem. It makes game much more discontinuous because of all this infinite boxes. Real problem is in game design, in a sense of a game, which is, a pity, absent.

My suggestion here is to make 33% melee, 33% ranged and 33% flex troops. So there will no any option in playing melee on ranged, ranged on melee. Only 33% flexible troops will have two options.

I don´t know ... If unit placement is fixed like this you can´t even play around row effects like weather or crushing trap. And sometimes it is better to not trigger a units effect (like a boost) to play around certain cards like the Geralds or Leo. I like the flexibility.

I don´t know ... If unit placement is fixed like this you can´t even play around row effects like weather or crushing trap. And sometimes it is better to not trigger a units effect (like a boost) to play around certain cards like the Geralds or Leo. I like the flexibility.
I was about to say that, weather effects and row damage is buffed because of those changes, and I think that's very good! Opens up a counterplay and the opponent is scared of playing too many Ranged/Melee row cards in one deck, so I think it's a good balance all around.

U can play around it by playing another row's or flexible units. If the weather or traps will become more powerful they can easily be increased in price. And, as vickssan said, weather at last will become stronger and more playable.
I think, it's better to make game more sensible and interesting. Balance is the second thing: u can easily increase provision cost or decrease damage power and so on.

Top Bottom