Order Of Events

+
Order Of Events

One area for improvement is to make complicated sequences of events more clear. The game needs to do a better job of clarifying for the player:

1) What the sequence of events will be if a certain card is played
2) What the sequence of events was that led to the current state of the board

For #1, it's often unclear what result my actions will have and what order special effects, card abilities, etc will be activated in. This is problematic, because the order really matters and it needs to be known to the player before she makes her move.

For #2, a single turn can often yield flurry of activity on the board, with complicated combinations being kicked off and executed very rapidly. It's often tough to tell what the 5 or 6 things were that happened in a row to get the board into it's present state.Unfortunately, if you try to take a minute to figure out what the heck just happened, you'll suddenly find yourself running out of time to make your own move (let alone think about it).

And in some cases, it may not even be possible to reconstruct what happened, even if you know which cards were played and do take the time to try and walk through it, unless you remember what buffs and debuffs were already present at the start of the turn AND were able to track and remember--in the moment--which cards were targeted by which other cards.

Dropping in to say I agree. I'd like to see card effects resolve completely before effects are started. I know this can't happen every time, especially if their are multiple cards happening at once (looking at you prescilla).

​Shani for instance revives one unit and turns it into gold. On a play against me, shani revived nenneke but before nenneke turned to gold, Nenneke revived Prescilla.

Still before Nenneke turned to gold, Prescilla brought out a blue stripes scout. That blue stripes scout activated and gave the, still not gold, Nenneke +4 in strength. Then after all these chains, Nenneke finally turned to gold.

I'd like to see shani resolve first, reviving Nenneke and making her gold before any other effects happen. I think making all cards work like this would be very simple and would be the best for new players.

I have played yugioh and magic before and there is a chain/stack system in those games but this may be too complex when it comes to coding for a game like this.

--- Updated 07-11-16, 04:30 ---

Exentryk;n6902060 said:
Yes, devs are aware of this issue.

Can you link me to where they addressed this? And did they mention how they wanted it to work or did they just say that they know this is an issue?​

Top Bottom