Orianna vs. Syanna Path: Your Preference (Spoilers!)

+

Orianna vs. Syanna Path: Your Preference (Spoilers!)

• Syanna's Path

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • Oranna's Path

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Orianna first, then Syanna before meeting The Unseen Elder

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters
Just did Syanna's path and failed miserably against Dettlaff - also, I didn't want to fight him because ever since I learnt what had happened and why he did what he did, I felt a lot of pity for him. Damn ribbon. I guess I'll just start over and do Wonderland again but this time, I'll not get that bloody ribbon. Also, Wonderland was a lot of fun so I'd be glad to go back there :)

I think I liked Elder's Cave more than Hill and Dale; but I think I will prefer letting Detlaff kill Syanna (which can only be done on Syanna's Path).

I wish Geralt could "kill" Detlaff so Regis doesn't have to become Anathema. Even if it's not a permanent death, it would satisfy the story and let Regis repay Detlaff by helping Detlaff recover (from both the physical wounds Geralt deals, and the emotional wounds Syanna dealt).

I really hate that the game more or less forces you to fight against Dettlaff and grants you only one chance to avoid that fight. I haven't had time to play since my post above but will try to finish B&W this weekend. Since I've had time to think, I have decided that I'll do the fight against Dettlaff at least this one time, simply because after I've finished B&W, I'll start a NG+ on Blood, Sweat and Tears which will make the fight against Dettlaff a lot harder. Also, I want to do it at least once because I want to see the different endings. I'd also like to do Orianna's path at least once but since that inevitably leads to fighting Dettlaff, I probably won't.

Is there any way to win at gwent and not get the ribbon? Because it is folly for the Overlord of All Things Gwent not to beat every last sucker the game has to offer...?

I think that as soon as you win the Gwent game, you get that ribbon. You can also buy it from the girl. Or you can tell Syanna that you'd better leave, without the ribbon. If I remember correctly, the ribbon is the only reward you get for winning that particular Gwent game - no special card, no money, just that ribbon.

Finished Syanna's path yesterday, killed Dettlaff - once I figured out how it worked, it wasn't that bad, took me only two attempts to get it right (excluding an earlier attempt about two weeks ago). However, I managed to get Anna Henrietta killed *argh* Didn't see that coming although I knew she was supposed to be the last victim. I even warned Damien about it but didn't tell her. Instead, I thanked her for the Sangreal, assuming that I could tell her afterwards that Syanna was trying to kill her. Meh. Next time, I'll do Syanna's path again. However, she won't get away; I'll let Dettlaff kill her and let him escape.

Finished Syanna's path yesterday, killed Dettlaff - once I figured out how it worked, it wasn't that bad, took me only two attempts to get it right (excluding an earlier attempt about two weeks ago). However, I managed to get Anna Henrietta killed *argh* Didn't see that coming although I knew she was supposed to be the last victim. I even warned Damien about it but didn't tell her. Instead, I thanked her for the Sangreal, assuming that I could tell her afterwards that Syanna was trying to kill her. Meh. Next time, I'll do Syanna's path again. However, she won't get away; I'll let Dettlaff kill her and let him escape.

Ah, it's sad that Anna got killed! :(

It is. I thought about reloading so that I could tell her about Syanna's plans and save her but decided against it, simply because I wanted to be done with the main story. Now some people in Toussaint have become slightly hostile towards Geralt and blame him for Anna's death. And some even have the nerve to ask him where he's been when the vampires attacked o_O

The conversation with Syanna is crucial, isn't it? Not what I do or say afterwards but during that conversation in her "prison". And probably everything before that, during the quest in Fairyland.

The conversation with Syanna is crucial, isn't it? Not what I do or say afterwards but during that conversation in her "prison". And probably everything before that, during the quest in Fairyland.

If you wan't to save both sisters, you have to read all chapters from the book before entering Fable world and ask Syanna about her past when you are in Fable world. Only if you did these (and I'm remembering this right) you then have a chance to ask her to forgive Anna during that scene where you go to see her in her prison room in the castle.

If you didn't do those things mentioned earlier, you don't have the option to ask her to forgive.

I read all the chapters from the book and even talked to Syanna about her past while roaming Fable world. I guess I screwed up during the conversation in her prsion room - I told her she wanted to kill Anna Henrietta out of jealousy and then insulted her. In hindsight, that probably cost Anna's life.

I read all the chapters from the book and even talked to Syanna about her past while roaming Fable world. I guess I screwed up during the conversation in her prsion room - I told her she wanted to kill Anna Henrietta out of jealousy and then insulted her. In hindsight, that probably cost Anna's life.

Yeap, that was it.

Thought so. Well, next time there won't even be a coversation in the prison room - I don't think I'll fight Dettlaff again :)

Yes.

It is Syanna who needs to be convinced to not kill Anarietta at the first opportunity. So, it's the conversations with her in Wonderland and in her "Prison cell" that matter.

Top Bottom