Orianna vs. Syanna Path: Your Preference (Spoilers!)

+

Orianna vs. Syanna Path: Your Preference (Spoilers!)

• Syanna's Path

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • Oranna's Path

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Orianna first, then Syanna before meeting The Unseen Elder

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters
But here's a question. Is there anyway not to fight Detlaff if you give the ribbon to Syanna? Is there any options where all three Dettlaff, Syanna and Anna all live?
The only way to let Dettlaff go is to not buy that ribbon. There isn't an ending when all of them live. Someone always have to die.

i'm doing another playthrough-- first time I got the "good" ending. to clarify, how far along orianna's path can i go and still get the "good" ending?

i'm doing another playthrough-- first time I got the "good" ending. to clarify, how far along orianna's path can i go and still get the "good" ending?

You can still see all of Orianna's scenes in the orphanage and kill the "alpha" garkain, but once you are ready to go to the Unseen Elder's cave and Regis asks for the last time if you want to turn back and find Syanna instead, you need to do as advised ("Fine. Let's go find Syanna.").

Last edited:
Now that I have played both paths, the Unseen Elder path is really quite boring by comparison. It's a good deal shorter and of course locks you out of any Syanna character development.

Now that I have played both paths, the Unseen Elder path is really quite boring by comparison. It's a good deal shorter and of course locks you out of any Syanna character development.

Yes, it really feels like as if it was written only as some kind of "failure path", which is disappointing. And the more interesting part of it (Orianna's scenes) can still be played before committing to the Land of a Thousand Fables path, even if doing that intentionally just to see more content is somewhat contrived (thus I voted the first option).

I think its not right that in good ending Syanna is unpunished. She is true evil in that story which efforts(with help of Anna too)leads to many deaths in Duchery. But still in the end she walk away with her hands clean. And Geralt always to blame in all ocassions.That is not right.

I think its not right that in good ending Syanna is unpunished. She is true evil in that story which efforts(with help of Anna too)leads to many deaths in Duchery. But still in the end she walk away with her hands clean. And Geralt always to blame in all ocassions.That is not right.

I'd like to think that she is punished. They just didn't show that to us.

I prefer Syanna's path. The fairytale land is fun and for me the happy ending with the sisters hugging it out is actually a nice outcome for the last adventure. The only exception is obviously Regis who went through some shit he didn't deserve. But I liked Anna and don't want her to die. Dettlaff needed to die. And Syanna was justified in killing those 4 knights and deserves a shot at redemption imo.

Fantasy land is fun. But now I always skip the girl selling the drugs and ribbon. For me the best endings are in this order:

1) Syanna dies, Detlaff lives, Regis stays and you go to prison.
2) Syanna dies, Detlaff dies and Regis has to leave.
3) Detlaff dies, both sisters live and Regis has to leave.
4) Detlaff dies, both sisters die and Regis has to leave. (Absolute worst outcome).

For me the best ending is where Syanna dies,Detlaff dies and Anna left to grieve. Best punishment for their deeds and selfishness. Only minus-its not happy at all.

Last edited:
Fantasy land is fun. But now I always skip the girl selling the drugs and ribbon. For me the best endings are in this order:

1) Syanna dies, Detlaff lives, Regis stays and you go to prison.
2) Syanna dies, Detlaff dies and Regis has to leave.
3) Detlaff dies, both sisters live and Regis has to leave.
4) Detlaff dies, both sisters die and Regis has to leave. (Absolute worst outcome).

Figures I'd get #4, I was so bummed when Anna died.....:geraltsad:

Figures I'd get #4, I was so bummed when Anna died.....:geraltsad:

Same. The only reason I chose Syanna's path was so that I could deliver her to Detlaff's claws. Then that damned ribbon saved her, and since I had treated her like crap I couldn't resolve things between her and Anna. I was screaming for someone to stop her from hugging Syanna. But nope. Everyone dead. I reloaded and considered either avoiding the ribbon or trying to <gag> be sympathetic and nice to Syanna to get them reconcile. I chose the latter but it was really unsatisfying as I didn't get to see her come to justice, just Anna begging forgiveness. Really unpalatable choices. Seems the best choice is going to prison and getting banished from court with Anna pissed off at you. At least Syanna gets what was coming to her and Detlaff and Regis can go live in peace.

After listening to what happened to her I did feel sorry for her. Not enough to justify what she had done, but definetly not black and white.

Which way do you prefer to go about the final series of quests in BaW? Go with Orianna and the Unseen Elder/ or follow Regis' advice and go find Syanna? If you prefer to do a bit of both, there is an option for that in the poll.

Please vote.

Nice to see someone familiar here :)

I wasn't sure at first because I didn't want to reward Detlaff's behaviour, but I still chose the Syanna pathway because I trusted Regis: and I'm glad I did. I liked the twisted nightmare fairy tales and the final scene between Anna Henrietta and Syanna at the end, knowing that it could end in tragedy. It actually gave me chills to watch this moment between these two characters I had grown to care so much about. Luckily, I did everything right. But I think I'll also replay the unseen elder path just to experience it.

Last edited:
Seems the best choice is going to prison and getting banished from court with Anna pissed off at you. At least Syanna gets what was coming to her and Detlaff and Regis can go live in peace.
During some bold exploration activies into the palace grounds that I did yesterday after the good ending (Detlaff lives = Regis won't suffer; psychopath criminal sister is dead, prison, etc), I found Anarietta and Damien in the palace grounds. In a little pavillon near the place where the palace interaction cutscenes happened earlier.

I could interact with both. Some longer dialogue options with Anarietta; just a normal and non-hostile one-line response from Damien. I was not thrown back into prison for having dared to approach them, I was not thrown out of the palace grounds. Anarietta was fully coherent and normal again. Already done with the grief about the death of the sister for whom she didn't really ever show greater concern for anyway.

This is absolutely the best ending.

My path to it was:
- told Regis that I didn't know which path I wanted to chose, so he went and saved innocent people while I was thinking about it
- killed a lot of vampires on the way down and saved a few people
- went with Orianna before meeting Damien at the bank
- did Orianna's quest
- talked with the ravens
- walked to the docks, killing some more rampaging vampires on the way, thus saving some more innocents
- went with Regis to get Syanna
- rejoiced in the dialogue options that did not please Syanna in Wonderland
- let Detlaff go. Yeah, Regis got his point across.
- got the prison poster, won in Gwent and wondered how exactly Geralt picks flowers/mushrooms/stuff. :p
- investigated the 5th letter
- decided not to tell Anarietta about it (will tell Dandelion about it, later. He's staying in Touissant for a while, so there will be some opportunity.)
- explored a little bit more afterwards. Looks like the psycho sister didn't get any particularly great tomb in the graveyard. And found Anarietta back in normal mental state. Yay. :) And I have the option now to get the gauntlets and do a tiny bit of exploration in the Elder's Cave. Hurray. :)

This all felt really nice. :)

During some bold exploration activies into the palace grounds that I did yesterday...

Interesting! I didn't realize you could double-dip so much between the two story branches.

I wonder, with everything else being identical, would you still end up with the same Anna (relatively calm) if you DID tell her that she was the 5th victim? Or does that trigger he becoming even more upset...

Last edited:
I like the path where you fullfill your promise to kill Orianna... oh wait....:facepalm:

But maybe, just maybe, I can chill with the "A night to remember" video.

Top Bottom