Original Chippin in

+
I went back and watched the 48 minute gameplay reveal last night “aw man, all the features they had spoken about in that were what dreams are made of” I heard the original version of Chippin in. I must admit I really like this version better than the one that made the game. It has a lot more feeling, soul, and just feels right, for me that is. It would be awesome if they added this version of the song to the game instead of the refused version.
Have a listen and tell me what you think is better.

for me original without a doubt.

I just wonder, the one that Kerry sing during Johnny memories (the first one) is not the "2018 version" ?
Sound like yes to me :)
At thr ight time :

Indeed it is
Thinking about that, two questions come to my mind :)
- Does Johnny is supposed to sing in the new version ? I'm not sure, knowing that in these memories, it's the very last time that he sang with Samurai.
- Does the presence of this "old version" in these memories, which stay unchanged in the current game, means that in 2018, it was already intended and "done" to play as Johnny (i.e Johnny wasn't added afterward for the reasons, that somes seem to think^^)

Thinking about that, two questions come to my mind :)
- Does Johnny is supposed to sing in the new version ? I'm not sure, knowing that in these memories, it's the very last time that he sang with Samurai.
- Does the presence of this "old version" in these memories, which stay unchanged in the current game, means that in 2018, it was already intended and "done" to play as Johnny (i.e Johnny wasn't added afterward for the reasons, that somes seem to think^^)
Remember that topic about continuity issues? How the heck we managed to overlook this, even when we were discussing about release dates of in-game music albums and that and it turned that Wiki had mixed information from tabletop and this game making it difficult to say what was released in which timeline and when? Anyway, here we go again... :D

What I found from the wiki, song has been recorded three times. Twice by Samurai for their 2013 album Cool Metal Fire and again for 2020 album Chippin' In. Third version cover by released as a single by Kerry Eurodyne in 2022. I don't know how much of that is supported by CP 2077 but one place to check that with least effort might be record store the Time Machine in Heywood.

Then there's very simple in CP 2077 universe explanation. Kerry and the band were improvising on song as Johnny was late from gig, but band decided not to delay the gig. Perhaps they weren't even sure if Johnny would even show up.

:D

What I found from the wiki, song has been recorded three times. Twice by Samurai for their 2013 album Cool Metal Fire and again for 2020 album Chippin' In. Third version cover by released as a single by Kerry Eurodyne in 2022. I don't know how much of that is supported by CP 2077 but one place to check that with least effort might be record store the Time Machine in Heywood.

I always thought that the Kerry version was much newer and created long after Johnny was gone during Kerrys solo stints.

Perhaps the band shouldve just been playing a different song altogether in Johnnys memories before he walked on stage. (His memories are, of course, just memories. They dont need to be true)

I always thought that the Kerry version was much newer and created long after Johnny was gone during Kerrys solo stints.

Perhaps the band shouldve just been playing a different song altogether in Johnnys memories before he walked on stage. (His memories are, of course, just memories. They dont need to be true)
I don't really see the issue as song was recorded twice by Samurai and then it's a concert and for me it reasons such as going with the sound of that era differs from sound of some other era makes sense.

I don't really see the issue as song was recorded twice by Samurai and then it's a concert and for me it reasons such as going with the sound of that era differs from sound of some other era makes sense.

My point was that Kerry version shouldnt have been "the sound of that era" in my opinion, but it is of course only my opinion.

If anything, Johnny version is the "sound of that era", because he literally dies then and there and cannot compose music afterwards. Whereas it is much more believable that Kerry composes "his own version" for his own solo-career AFTERWARDS.

This is why I think its wrong that the Kerry version even plays in Johnnys memory.

Top Bottom