Other cyberpunk-ish games?

+
Other cyberpunk-ish games?

So... are there any other cyberpunk-ish games you guys have played/are looking forward to besides this one? I've played and enjoyed the Deus Ex games. I remember being excited for Prey 2 before it fell off the face of the Earth. :eek:

Mm. The text adventure Cypher is quite good. http://www.cabrerabrothers.com/

System Shock 1 and 2. If not, get on that. WELL worth your time.

Syndicate, of course. Both the original start game and the new FPS. First one is classic. Second one is fun.

You know, I liked it. A lot. Keep in mind, though, I didn't expect the original in any way. I expected to be a cold hearted corporate assassin with some neat gadgets. And I was. The graphics were good, the levels were fun, on hardest it was tough enough and I got to have some pretty bad-ass fight scenes.

If you want to play as a Solo, New Syndicate is great!

The upcoming Remember Me and also Watch Dogs look spectacular. The original Deus Ex is amazing & 2011's Human Revolution is good. Can I call Mirror's Edge a cyberpunk game? I'm going to think on that. Also Mega Man. That's right - blue bomber is the original cyberpunk game.

I'm looking forward to Shadowrun Returns.

An old game but one of my favorites: DreamWeb.

Dreamweb is a DOS and Amiga point-and-click cyberpunk top-down adventure game first released in 1992, then later released on CD in 1994, and developed by Creative Reality and published by Empire Interactive Entertainment.

The game features mature themes and a dark plot filled with violence and brief full frontal nudity; rare for games, especially at the time.

Dreamweb was released as freeware in October 2012.

It's freeware, you can download it here: http://www.scummvm.org/downloads/

Other games I like: Deus Ex / DX Human Revolution, System Shock I & II, Syndicate / Syndicate Wars, Snatcher, Rise of the Dragon, Blade Runner (by Westwood),...

Blade Runner game
Beneath a Steel Sky (graphics didn't age well but the game is still awesome)
Anachronox
Neocron (I loved that game too bad it's dead)
Oni (if you like to beat people up as a sexy chick)
Messiah made by Shiny is a great dystopian game.

Well, i have played the Deus Ex games. And i want to try the new Syndicate. And definitely looking forward to Remember Me and Watch Dogs.

You know, I liked it. A lot. Keep in mind, though, I didn't expect the original in any way. I expected to be a cold hearted corporate assassin with some neat gadgets. And I was. The graphics were good, the levels were fun, on hardest it was tough enough and I got to have some pretty bad-ass fight scenes.

If you want to play as a Solo, New Syndicate is great!

Yeah agreed! Thoroughly enjoyed the new Syndicate. Got a bad rap for nothing in my opinion. Even the multiplayer was cool! The soundtrack was sick too.

The new Syndicate was excellent, it was a shame that it got so low sales.

Check out the Mass Effect series, it's space science fiction/fantasy but it has lots to do with cyberpunk, I mean from the human perspective.

BloodNet. The plot might be a bit wacky, but the cyberpunk vibes in it are rather strong.

The new Syndicate was excellent, it was a shame that it got so low sales.

Check out the Mass Effect series, it's space science fiction/fantasy but it has lots to do with cyberpunk, I mean from the human perspective.

Played Mass Effect. The first was a great RPG with so-so shooting mechanics and an intriguing universe. The second improved the shooting and kept the intriguing universe, but dropped everything that made it an RPG (inventory, exploration, customization in general, etc.). And Gears of Effect 3 was, well.... just bad.

It's a console series, but Metal Gear Solid is an excellent series that hasn't been mentioned yet.
Yay, MGS <3 It's worth mentioning that the first three games are perfectly playable on a PC, although you'll need a PS2 emulator for the third one.

I heard good things about Dystopia (a free HL2 mod), the Cyber Chef even wrote about it in this blog post, might be worth checking out :)

If you like cyberpunk AND text based games there is this really awesome sand-box mud called Sindome. On average there are about 30-50 players on a day. It's a super rad community, and you can pretty much do whatever. I love it and its free :D

http://www.sindome.org/

Forum veteran
Snatcher for the Sega-CD. Good luck finding a copy these days for under 200 bucks, though. Most suffocating cyberpunk atmosphere I've ever seen in a game, way better (opinion) than in games like Human Revolution.

Top Bottom