Other Hobbies you are into.....

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to play guitar (that's an old-new love, learnt it a long time ago, but forget many things due to not practise it for 3-4 years), collect anime cards (though, recently had to sell my beloved collection). Also love drawing (not pro, just hobbist), reading many kind of books and playing soccer with my friends when I have time.

Edit: Almost forgot to mention that listening to music is my another passion. Cannot exist without music. XD

Guest 2091327

Oh man... LEGOS!!! When I was a kid I used to make CITIES with the stuff. Closed off our garage so my mother would have to park the car somewhere else, thank you very much. Was so much fun, and you could build ANYTHING with them. Great, great idea. Unfortunately it was also quite expensive, and I see completely bonkers prices on it now, but it was great fun.

One hobby of mine is puzzles. Don't do it much tbh, but the few times I do sit down with one, it is usually great fun. Wish I had the room for it here actually. You can buy a special glue for them as well, and then put them up on the wall, framed and everything. Quite nice.

Other than that, it's the usual I guess. Follow the news quite closely (not THAT usual), listen to music, follow the football (not Yankball), play games, check forums (ho-hum), read books, see TV series, party, drink and hang out with friends, and the occasional movie. Used to play football non-stop when I was a kid, up to my late teens, and was pretty good too, but haven't done it for years now, at least with any regularity.

I’m not sure if this counts as a hobby but I like singing. Not only ordinary singing though, mind you, because I also enjoy overtone singing, throat singing, growling in all its varieties and other more experimental kinds. Alas, since I recently moved into a dorm I don’t think I’ll be able to do this as much as I used to :/

Rock climbing, hiking, hunting, reading. My art/partial income is a 'hobby' as well, but I've got no studio now so I can't produce bronzes. Sucks.

Just right now?... looking for little cute surprises....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utLt_uSDtGk&feature=player_detailpage[/media]

Ok, and swimming in the Mediterranean sea, reading and driving on losen roads discovering specials corners of Nature.

You know what else is really cute, making things like these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djKpXh7AyHQ&list=SP5317B1A579895E6A

cmdrsilverbolt said:
Nice cars, Riv, I can tell you that I've seen every episode of Top Gear, but I'm still bad at knowing cars, haha.

As for my hobbies, I like running and hiking, I especially like doing these things on colder days. I like walking in the Fall and Winter, it's pretty awesome.

I read, and I especially like reading and writing poetry. I have the time right now, so I've been writing a lot, I don't have any plans to publish anything, I just do this for fun.

Another thing I like is legos, it's just the best thing ever. My preferred stuff to build are Transformers or something LOTR-related, but I also like building the kit scenes, a Christmas village or such. I'll share some pictures sometime :]

Uh, that's about all I'm doing right now.

Post a poem i enjoy poetry a lot!!!

vivaxardas said:
The best hobby ever - paragliding. Flying like a damn eagle over California. This stuff never gets old. Life insurance may be unavailable, though, but only if you have a bad habit of posting your pics on social networks.

Archery. We have a free archery range nearby, so it is simply silly not to use it twice a week.

I am playing Native American flute, prefer key of F#. It sounds awesome even with my total lack of a single shred of talent.

Did some kendo, got lazy. Planning on starting again on October. But as soon as I imagine dragging my arse to dojo again, three times a week... That's gonna be one massive pain everywhere.

Oh yeah, drinking, gambling, smoking weed, and whoring. How could I forget???

been Skydiving so I can get your penchant for the view and the awe factor. This sounds so fun!!!

As to the drinking, and other stuff.....I am an addict and must refrain from such activities..... :(

such is life.....

Demut said:
I’m not sure if this counts as a hobby but I like singing. Not only ordinary singing though, mind you, because I also enjoy overtone singing, throat singing, growling in all its varieties and other more experimental kinds. Alas, since I recently moved into a dorm I don’t think I’ll be able to do this as much as I used to :/

I can not sing a lick.....but I enjoy the voice of thiose who kind!!! Awesome!!! and good you are in school.

Pangaea said:
Oh man... LEGOS!!! When I was a kid I used to make CITIES with the stuff. Closed off our garage so my mother would have to park the car somewhere else, thank you very much. Was so much fun, and you could build ANYTHING with them. Great, great idea. Unfortunately it was also quite expensive, and I see completely bonkers prices on it now, but it was great fun.

One hobby of mine is puzzles. Don't do it much tbh, but the few times I do sit down with one, it is usually great fun. Wish I had the room for it here actually. You can buy a special glue for them as well, and then put them up on the wall, framed and everything. Quite nice.

Other than that, it's the usual I guess. Follow the news quite closely (not THAT usual), listen to music, follow the football (not Yankball), play games, check forums (ho-hum), read books, see TV series, party, drink and hang out with friends, and the occasional movie. Used to play football non-stop when I was a kid, up to my late teens, and was pretty good too, but haven't done it for years now, at least with any regularity.

LEGOS!!!! nuff said!!!!

Wichat said:
Just right now?... looking for little cute surprises....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utLt_uSDtGk&feature=player_detailpage[/media]

Ok, and swimming in the Mediterranean sea, reading and driving on losen roads discovering specials corners of Nature.

YOu are an"old soul" person I think. I like it!!!! I am not fond of swimming in water I cannot see through though. I have this fear some thing will come and get me and drag me down to die. Love swimming pools though ;-)

slimgrin said:
Rock climbing, hiking, hunting, reading. My art/partial income is a 'hobby' as well, but I've got no studio now so I can't produce bronzes. Sucks.

could you show me some of your bronze work? would like to see it

@ G the Riv: haha, I don't know, I don't want to give people more reasons to poke fun at me :] I'm kidding, but it's nothing special, you'll just be disappointed.

I love to listen to music, and I also play the electric bass and guitar. I am pretty much a metalhead when it comes to specific genres. I also like hard rock and alternative. When I heard Vader actually made a song based on the witcher I became a bigger fan of polish metal.

I'm a programmer in my spare time. I'd never want it as a job, because jobs tend to take everything you love about something and destroying it. I'm currently working on learning game development.

Really nice cars. I love them also, I am more into European cars then American muscle cars tho. I really love Suv's, I sold my '04 X5 only because car needed gearbox replacement around 8 months after I bought it. It would cost me almost what I payed for the whole car, Lesson learned, don't buy used old cars. I am waiting for new shape Q7 or next X5. Perhaps next year if cash flow will remain like it is. Now I am driving french economical box, its super cheap to insure and MPG isn't bad.

I am also creating and editing music in my spare time. But I am not sharing it online. Just to add audio technica m50 are the best headphones for price below 200$ hands down.

Reading, walking, running, working out, writing, cooking, swimming, occasional drawing, sometimes plastic fighter jet models. A hobby I wish I had is horse riding. Not too late for that I guess, I may start to learn sometime soon.

GeraltTheRiv said:
could you show me some of your bronze work? would like to see it

In the old forums it was easy to upload stuff. Now it's a complete mess. I just get red text in Polish when I try this shit. It's supposed to be the international section of the forums, and I get Polish everywhere. Off topic, but I want the old forum back. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom