Other Hobbies you are into.....

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other Hobbies you are into.....

I am into old American Muscle cars. Racing of all kinds. Here are some pics of 2 of my 3 cars I own that are toys to me

The Yellow 1967 Cougar is special to me as I recently inherited it from my dad. It has a very strong 351ci Windsor Engine. Roughly 425 hp.

The Blue 1970 Ford Maverick was my first car bought by my dad for $500.00 back in 1992 I still own itthough it is in pieces getting a total resto for a second time and a different engine/trans/ purpose. I am building it for autocross. Money pit to say the least but a fun money pit nevertheless....I am building a high compression 13.5 to 1 SOHC 4.6l (281ci)high RPM engine. SHould but down 425 hp at the rear wheels. It will run e85 fuel and run as 5 or 6 speed standard transmission( still deciding/ cost vs reward etc..)

I also Co-own a 1973 Ford Maverick Grabber that is White/Orange paint and Black Orange interior. It has a 331ci Stoker Engine based on a ford 302ci engine. All engine is roughly 440hp with the 150 shot of Nitrous Oxide and it pushes close 600hp at the rear wheels 572 hp on a chassis dyno. Good for low 10s in 1/4 mile. I have no pics of it though. I will correct that issue. Since I only own half of it I keep it at my lil bro house who owns the other half.

Anyways what are you guys into besides gaming and The Witcher Series?

Walking and playing with me dogs, reading, writing, turning into a wolf at the full moon, bit of weightlifting to help with the job and drinking and whoring when i've got the money.

I'm a hobbyist photographer, I wrote/blog (blog links in sig), I like to travel though off lately I'm just being a lazy ass and couple other things. Basically I'm useless lol

My hobby? I guess its Warhammer 40k miniature tabletop. No idea how much money I spent on it but I guess a lot. Right now I have full Eldar and Dark Eldar races, every figurine and codex that was released. Also have some basic Chaos Space Marines units and codex, part of me likes chaos and part doesn't so never continued assembling full army.

While I hardly play it now, (not enough players) I like to repaint figurines to keep them in good shape or simply change color schemes. If I get a camera will probably post some pics.

Oh and that blue Ford looks incredible I guess it sounds just as good

I do quite a lot of CGI-stuff and some video editing every now and again, I'm very passionate about the CGI, but I have a really bad pc so I can't do as much as I would like to :/
I also used to do a lot of skateboarding but then i got pretty bad knees so I don't do it much anymore.

Pretty nice
I'm also a big fan of old american muscle cars. my favorites are Pontiac Lemans 1972, Chevrolet Monte Carlo 1976 and Chevrolet Nova 1978.

BlackLeopard said:
Pretty nice

I'm also a big fan of old american muscle cars. my favorites are Pontiac Lemans 1972, Chevrolet Monte Carlo 1976 and Chevrolet Nova 1978.

Nice choices I am a true blue ford guy as far as what i own(I do own a Jeep though) but I enjoy looking at and BS with owners of all brands of cars.

and yes the Blue Ford did sound awesome.....now it is in pieces though.......give me 3to5 years and it will sound bitchin again

LarsMN said:
I do quite a lot of CGI-stuff and some video editing every now and again, I'm very passionate about the CGI, but I have a really bad pc so I can't do as much as I would like to :/
I also used to do a lot of skateboarding but then i got pretty bad knees so I don't do it much anymore.

what kind of pc do you have spec wise?

Bloth said:
Walking and playing with me dogs, reading, writing, turning into a wolf at the full moon, bit of weightlifting to help with the job and drinking and whoring when i've got the money.

awesome!!! I lift weights too....I do body building shows too....but it has been 3 years since my last one. Doubt I will do it again. Maybe.....

I like to read fiction, like fantasy and sci-fi. I like drawing. And I also like playing acoustic and electric guitar, and of course listening to music. I'm a long time fan of traditional doom metal, some death/doom metal, viking metal, melodic/prog rock, psychedelic rock, etc. I love classic goth rock and industrial too (Front 242, Front Line Assembly type of industrial). Some EBM is OK, and some aggrotech is also passable. Oh and I also love opera.

I like some TV. Currently waiting for the last of Breaking Bad and for The Walking Dead season 3 to come on Netflix.

Oh I also like trying new beers and shots. Currently in love with Leffe brown ale, Goldschlager and Belvedere vodka. My wife likes mixing creative cocktails and those are fun too. I especially like the sidecar (triple sec, brandy and lime juice) and this one we mixed with homemade hibiscus liqueur, that we named Succubus :p/> Hmm, yeah... drinking!

And I like going to places, traveling and so on. Used to travel more frequently when I went to conferences abroad, but now I'm just focusing on my research.

EliphastheInheritor said:
My hobby? I guess its Warhammer 40k miniature tabletop. No idea how much money I spent on it but I guess a lot. Right now I have full Eldar and Dark Eldar races, every figurine and codex that was released. Also have some basic Chaos Space Marines units and codex, part of me likes chaos and part doesn't so never continued assembling full army.

While I hardly play it now, (not enough players) I like to repaint figurines to keep them in good shape or simply change color schemes. If I get a camera will probably post some pics.

Oh and that blue Ford looks incredible I guess it sounds just as good

My uncle [aints those lil guys too. My hats off to you that takes serious skill/attention/ and a very steady hand. You should become a surgeon

Volsung said:
I like to read fiction, like fantasy and sci-fi. I like drawing. And I also like playing acoustic and electric guitar, and of course listening to music. I'm a long time fan of traditional doom metal, some death/doom metal, viking metal, melodic/prog rock, psychedelic rock, etc. Also opera and traditional/regional music.

And I like some TV. Currently waiting for the last of Breaking Bad and for The Walking Dead season 3 to come on Netflix.

Oh I also like trying new beers and shots. Currently in love with Leffe brown ale, Goldschlager and Belvedere vodka. My wife likes mixing creative cocktails and those are fun too. I especially like the sidecar (triple sec, brandy and lime juice) and this one we mixed with homemade hibiscus liqueur, that we named Succubus
Hmm, yeah... drinking!

And I like going to places, traveling and so on. Used to travel more frequently when I went to conferences abroad, but now I'm just focusing on my research.

I really like reading as well. I have a good sized personal library but I have not read much the past few years. I am a binge reader I guess. Read alot then quite for a while. I only travel to ride atvs and dirtbikes but since I had a terrible wreck about 7 years ago I ride much less since. I played percussion for years. As to music I never played seriously in a band. That said my older brothers Band(defunct now) played with Slayer,Megadeth, Fear factory, OverKill and few other mainliner acts on regional tours opening for them. They stopped playing back in 2002 or 3. They were called Bloodline 420 I could send you there cd on mp3 if you want. You might like them. Not as heavy as doom or death but a lot like Sepultura

Bloth said:
Aye I remember pics, I could never get such a low fat content as that, admire your dedication dude.

again I am getting older 37 and it is killing me to get in that shape now. I suppose I am retired from that but ya know my pride wants to be able to say I can still do it.....but the body is getting broken and battered. Trust me when I say I look nothing like those pics now :(

LarsMN said:

Oh wow man your stuff looks amazing!!!! i can not do artsy stuff like that You have my admiration.

The best hobby ever - paragliding. Flying like a damn eagle over California. This stuff never gets old. Life insurance may be unavailable, though, but only if you have a bad habit of posting your pics on social networks.

Archery. We have a free archery range nearby, so it is simply silly not to use it twice a week.

I am playing Native American flute, prefer key of F#. It sounds awesome even with my total lack of a single shred of talent.

Did some kendo, got lazy. Planning on starting again on October. But as soon as I imagine dragging my arse to dojo again, three times a week... That's gonna be one massive pain everywhere.

Oh yeah, drinking, gambling, smoking weed, and whoring. How could I forget???

I am a collector of sorts. Also love reading. Video gaming, of course. And drinking, like Volsung I often try new things and tend to buy a different six pack every week.

Nice cars, Riv, I can tell you that I've seen every episode of Top Gear, but I'm still bad at knowing cars, haha.

As for my hobbies, I like running and hiking, I especially like doing these things on colder days. I like walking in the Fall and Winter, it's pretty awesome.

I read, and I especially like reading and writing poetry. I have the time right now, so I've been writing a lot, I don't have any plans to publish anything, I just do this for fun.

Another thing I like is legos, it's just the best thing ever. My preferred stuff to build are Transformers or something LOTR-related, but I also like building the kit scenes, a Christmas village or such. I'll share some pictures sometime :]

Uh, that's about all I'm doing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom