Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Punk

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Metal

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Synthwave

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
As our thoughts turn to the Patches, DLC, and expansions. A thought entered my head.

"What other Musicians Could add to the already stellar Score and Featured Songs?..." They really did nail the music in this game, so many good songs. That point I think most of us would agree on.

So here we could brainstorm about other fitting musicians. Maybe even break down the music already in the game as they relate to characters and factions?

I'll start with Kimbra (Etheral Indie Pop/Folk), Amon Tobin (Dark, Jazzy, Experimental), Aloe Blacc (Neo-Soul and RnB), More Music from Run The Jewels, Beck (Indie/Modern Pop), more music from Blue Stahli.

What are your thoughts folks?

I think some of the more electronic NWOTHM bands would fit well, and they're small and work hungry. Cyber Metal groups like Celldweller and Blue Stahli would be amazing as well.
Post automatically merged:

I'm completely okay with more black metal, CDPR already went out of their way to include some together with death and expanding on that playlist is not a bad idea.
Black Metal or Blues Metal, differentiating 2077 from Doom's soundscape is going to be important. I don't think bending to the big band djent craze would be good for the brand.

Black Metal or Blues Metal, differentiating 2077 from Doom's soundscape is going to be important. I don't think bending to the big band djent craze would be good for the brand.
If anything, Id like to see bands like Anaal Nathrakh (grind/black metal with some electronic influence), and Altarage (dissonant death metal) give a crack at writing a song for the game. But I think it's wishful thinking.

I dunno, if we get a custom radio option (with a pickup item or something like futuristic walkman themed player) finding grind tracks in scav and psycho areas would be neat. Maybe even some hardbass in the slav scav camps. Melodic metal of any kind would be awesome. I'd honestly like to see CDPR hire musicians to make new metal sub-genres for the game (fingers crossed for swing metal or jazz metal, think Caravan Palace meets Slipknot), or just a batch of plain old electro-swing would be nice.

Hard rocks a headache for me.

I'd like more Bladerunner type music i can just sit an mellow out to
Yes, jazzy lo-fi and electro swing would be amazing.

I'd like to hear some synthwave. Would be perfect for getting into Cyberpunkish mood.
Something from Perturbator, Carpenter Brut, Mega Drive and Gost.

I know at least Perturbator actually said openly that he'd like to make music for this game, back when it was first announced. Shame it didn't come to pass.

Going off of @RowdyPBubblegum 's idea. Some more Cowboy Bebop style somber anthems would really tickle my brain. Clearly, the anime was an inspiration point for the team. More melodic, atmospheric music would really add to the setting. Like those scenes where it starts to rain after some emotional hardship for V, or those times where the city feels quiet then blends into a song. I loved moments like that when I was playing.

More punk 100% Would also Kinda love if a Refused song snuck its way in as well, not just as Samurai but as themselves. I also think the Jazz is a bit lacking, there are some really great Jazz artists out right now incorporating a lot of different modern sounds and styles to the genre. Bands and groups like, Portico Quartet, The Comet is Coming, BADBADNOTGOOD, etc.

I just hope that they can splash more new music around the game. I have to admit that 1.5 playthroughs in, I've lowered the music volume to a barely audible level. I really do love the synth piece that springs up from time to time as combat music (and thinking how I could recreate it, lol). Marc Romboy and Stephan Bodzin pieces would work well in some scenes.

More punk 100% Would also Kinda love if a Refused song snuck its way in as well, not just as Samurai but as themselves. I also think the Jazz is a bit lacking, there are some really great Jazz artists out right now incorporating a lot of different modern sounds and styles to the genre. Bands and groups like, Portico Quartet, The Comet is Coming, BADBADNOTGOOD, etc.

I'm always down for The Comet is Coming!

Just had a thought, A lot of great jazz is out of copyright, Cole Porter songbook for example, Why not get modern artists to electro jazz it. Similar concept worked really well in Tank Girl.

100% Agree, love to see more area specific music, like a fat Ska lineup in Voodoo Boys turf or some of the LA punk bands in Heywood. I'd kill to see Brody Dalle do a CP2077 cut of City of Angels or The Young Crazed Peeling.
Also love to see some proto-punk like X-ray Spex

Going off of @RowdyPBubblegum 's idea. Some more Cowboy Bebop style somber anthems would really tickle my brain. Clearly, the anime was an inspiration point for the team. More melodic, atmospheric music would really add to the setting. Like those scenes where it starts to rain after some emotional hardship for V, or those times where the city feels quiet then blends into a song. I loved moments like that when I was playing.
Maybe have the soundtrack tied to the time of day and weather, rainy night, pump the blade runner ambiance, sunny day in heywood crank some Smut Peddlers. Anyone handy with mod tools? I think this has potential.

What I dig the most about the music in the game though is that its not always the obvious choice. Like sure we have the Maelstrom and their darkness but then you have stuff like "PonPon Shit" or "I Really Want To Go To Your House". You have Electro Rap from Run the Jewels start the whole adventure. Then all these quiet moments tied to calmer melodic songs that make the narrative sing and the bombastic gameplay tied to music making you feel like an utter badass.

As long as they continue down that road, I expect the music to continue to surprise and delight us...

More Us Cracks pls thnx :coolstory:

Also was just thinking. If we do go to the Crystal Palace in the DLC. I think a tender dancing scene set to a song like "Strangers In The Night" by Frank Sinatra could really sell the whole swanky vibe of the orbital station.

V and their lover saying sweet nothings to each other. They spend the night and then later V wakes up to a violent cough. Putting a somber air to the wonderful night they had together while bringing back the reality of the mission and V's condition. Then we start the main string of missions and so on and so forth. (geez I'm over hyping myself)

Excellent juxaposition to what we would be doing up there, presumably. But again just thoughts.

Last edited:
What I dig the most about the music in the game though is that its not always the obvious choice. Like sure we have the Maelstrom and their darkness but then you have stuff like "PonPon Shit" or "I Really Want To Go To Your House". You have Electro Rap from Run the Jewels start the whole adventure. Then all these quiet moments tied to calmer melodic songs that make the narrative sing and the bombastic gameplay tied to music making you feel like an utter badass.

As long as they continue down that road, I expect the music to continue to surprise and delight us...

More Us Cracks pls thnx :coolstory:

Also was just thinking. If we do go to the Crystal Palace in the DLC. I think a tender dancing scene set to a song like "Strangers In The Night" by Frank Sinatra could really sell the whole swanky vibe of the orbital station.

V and their lover saying sweet nothings to each other. They spend the night and then later V wakes up to a violent cough. Putting a somber air to the wonderful night they had together while bringing back the reality of the mission and V's condition. Then we start the main string of missions and so on and so forth. (geez I'm over hyping myself)

Excellent juxaposition to what we would be doing up there, presumably. But again just thoughts.
I like it, give it more of the Blade Runner ambiance, maybe a side mini mission to grab drinks with Misty? Sinatra might be a bit on the nose though. I'm leaning a bit more of the throaty fem jazz vocals a-la Ella Fitzgerald, Nora Jones, Bonnie Tyler, whats-her-name that sings for The Pretty Reckless (Puscifer would be a good pick for a band, especialy since Milla Jovovich is one of their rotation singers, get her in there with some Fifth Element costume cues)
Yes they tend towards industrial swing and alt-rock but the musicians individually have some serious jazz chops

Last edited:
@RowdyPBubblegum Some Cujo Era Amon Tobin would be great also. I recommend looking him up. Great music and an elcectic mix of genres in his discography that would mesh very well with Cyberpunk.

Especially this track.

Would go great with the whole covert even higher stakes heist.

As an aside let us see V and the gals in swanky corpo suits or dresses dammit!

:ROFLMAO:😂🤣, getting ahead of myself here. Out here asking for Ocean's Eleven in the middle of my Cyberpunk.

Last edited:
Top Bottom