Our Community Fan Translations

+
Hello,

For all people from France, Canada, Belgium, Switzerland, Africa or elsewhere in the world that cannot read polish but can read french, I am pleased to inform you that I achieved the translation in french of the 1995 comic Zdrada.

As some of you may know, this comic rely on notes taken by Sapkowski for a short story that he never wrote. So he gave some ideas to Maciej Parowski and Boguslaw Polch that added things of their own and produced the comic. What is interesting is that Zdrada describes the betrayal of the witcher Cats school that led to a Wolf school massacre. The events presented in this comic are evoked in Sapkowski's last book, Season of Storms, when Geralt meet the Cats witcher Brehen: Brehen says that, unlike Geralt, he can't go and warm into Kaer Morhen in winter and Geralt answers to Brehen that he perfectly knows the reason. But we, non-polish readers, don't know it !

If you want you also know the reason, you can read the comic Zdrada in french here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Yn4rXEjWl_Q295ZXRBTXdIOFk

For those who cannot read french, let me tell you that after the translation in french I started the translation in english. The translation of all the text is done, but it needs a serious re-reading by somebody else because of course my english is worse than my french. After that I will have to enter the english text into the comic. So let's say that Zdada in english shall be published somewhere in first half of 2017.

I have to greatly thank SMiki55 who took the time to answer to all my mails full of questions in order to help me to translate from polish the bubbles where Google trad was unable to help me. Without his help, the text of the comic would have contained serious tranlations errors. Thanks SMiki, you have all my gratitude !

Have a good reading, and for non-polish and non-french readers, be patient, the english version of Zdrada is on the way !

daneel53;n7380670 said:
Hello,

For all people from France, Canada, Belgium, Switzerland, Africa or elsewhere in the world that cannot read polish but can read french, I am pleased to inform you that I achieved the translation in french of the 1995 comic Zdrada.

As some of you may know, this comic rely on notes taken by Sapkowski for a short story that he never wrote. So he gave some ideas to Maciej Parowski and Boguslaw Polch that added things of their own and produced the comic. What is interesting is that Zdrada describes the betrayal of the witcher Cats school that led to a Wolf school massacre. The events presented in this comic are evoked in Sapkowski's last book, Season of Storms, when Geralt meet the Cats witcher Brehen: Brehen says that, unlike Geralt, he can't go and warm into Kaer Morhen in winter and Geralt answers to Brehen that he perfectly knows the reason. But we, non-polish readers, don't know it !

If you want you also know the reason, you can read the comic Zdrada in french here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Yn4rXEjWl_Q295ZXRBTXdIOFk

For those who cannot read french, let me tell you that after the translation in french I started the translation in english. The translation of all the text is done, but it needs a serious re-reading by somebody else because of course my english is worse than my french. After that I will have to enter the english text into the comic. So let's say that Zdada in english shall be published somewhere in first half of 2017.

I have to greatly thank SMiki55 who took the time to answer to all my mails full of questions in order to help me to translate from polish the bubbles where Google trad was unable to help me. Without his help, the text of the comic would have contained serious tranlations errors. Thanks SMiki, you have all my gratitude !

Have a good reading, and for non-polish and non-french readers, be patient, the english version of Zdrada is on the way !
That's great, thank you all!

Hello,

Seven monthes passed, I did a lot of other works but, finally, the English version of the comic Zdrada is there !

You can take it here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...WxoWjltSERmLUk

Please, be kind with me ! I am French, my English, if not bad, is far from perfect and I am sure that there are a lot of wrong expressions and poor English into the bubbles. I hope that nevertheless the comic stays understandable for native English readers. At least I hope that to read this comic written into my poor English shall be far more easier that to read the source comic in Polish. :)

If some readers have a little time, please don't hesitate to email me to provide me with the right English words and expressions. I really will be pleased to modify my file in order to fix all the errors that are into the text. I repeat, don't hesitate to email me to obtain a better English text. Thanks in advance !

My email: rdaneel53@gmail.com

Enjoy reading this comic !

Hello again,

Another message to inform you of the second work done during the first six months of 2017.

For all people from France, Canada, Belgium, Switzerland, Africa or elsewhere in the world that cannot read Polish but can read French, I am pleased to inform you that I achieved the translation in French of the 1993 comic Droga bez Powrotu.

This one is an adaptation of Sapkowski's short story A Road without Return. But what is interesting is that the authors added twelve pages to Sapkowski's text in order to pursue the story between Visenna and Korin, up to the death of Korin. So these twelve pages are something new to Sapkowski's readers.

You can take the file here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...HJhRUpQeUVIZ2s

For those who still did not read Zdrada, the comic Droga bez Powrotu must be read before Zdrada.

Enjoy !

I just noticed that the earlier books are no longer linked- is there any chance of them being added back for newer readers? I have copies of them from the original forums which I could share if needed, but I thought it'd be worth asking where they went first!

Also, thank you for all the people responsible for making the translations in the first place!

It is a general rule that has been clearly stated above in this subject : as soon as an official translation is published, the fan translation must be removed. Normally the fan translations of the two last books from the saga, today published in English, should not be linked any more. Only Season of Storms may stay, up to May 2018 when it will be published too.

I know I'm a little late to this party, but... I kinda ended up taking on the Season of Storms translation as a hobby project, and gave it a bit of polish. As in, proofed it, made some general edits, and fixed any translation errors I was able to spot, using another language edition as a reference.

And now I'm wondering if it's okay if I uploaded the fruit of my labors here. Thought it polite to ask first instead of just posting the link, I've no desire to step on anyone's toes.

Hello Drlaiho,

I don't think you are going to step on anybody if you post a revised release of a fan translation. It seems to me that the actual English translation of Season of storms results already from several translators. As far as you give reward to the previous translators into your new release, everything should be OK.

And anyway your fan translation should be removed when the official English translation shall be officially published, which should be the done by end May 2018. So I don't think that there is going to be any war here between translators. :)

Hello,

Seven monthes passed, I did a lot of other works but, finally, the English version of the comic Zdrada is there !

You can take it here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...WxoWjltSERmLUk

Please, be kind with me ! I am French, my English, if not bad, is far from perfect and I am sure that there are a lot of wrong expressions and poor English into the bubbles. I hope that nevertheless the comic stays understandable for native English readers. At least I hope that to read this comic written into my poor English shall be far more easier that to read the source comic in Polish. :)

If some readers have a little time, please don't hesitate to email me to provide me with the right English words and expressions. I really will be pleased to modify my file in order to fix all the errors that are into the text. I repeat, don't hesitate to email me to obtain a better English text. Thanks in advance !

My email: rdaneel53@gmail.com

Enjoy reading this comic !

I'm a bit late on the ball here, but thanks bunches for the translation! There are... Quite a few things that don't make sense, and some it takes time to wrap your head around some of the expressions and words. Nevertheless, I'm glad you took the time to do this! :D

Never too late to provide thanks. :)
Quite a few things that don't make sense, and some it takes time to wrap your head around some of the expressions and words.
I'm quite sure of this, that's why I took the time to alert the readers in page 2, but unfortunately the two people to whom I send my English translation before publishing it never answered, so the texts with poor English stayed as they are.

If one day somebody is willing to correct it and send me a better translation here and there, I shall redo it with great pleasure. My mail is into the comic, just use it!

It was not when Sapkowski wrote it. It was his second fantasy short story after The Witcher and at this time he did not know that The Witcher would have so much success that he would be asked to write other stories with Geralt. So in his mind The Road with no Return was just another fantasy short novel, not linked at all with the first one.

Later, after more that ten other stories where he developped the character Geralt of Rivia and his background, he thinked to introduce Geralt's mother into his last short story, Something More. He already made Geralt says that his mother was a sorceress in a previous story, he liked the name of Visenna, so he decided to reuse this character from The Road with no Return and to make her Geralt's mother. Only at this time The Road with no Return and this Visenna as Geralt's mother became canon.

When the Polish comic Droga bez Powrotu was launched one year later, the authors respected the content of the short story but decided to add fifteen pages after the end of Sapkowski's story. And into these pages they stated that Korin was the father of Geralt. This was never, to my knowledge, officially confirmed by Sapkowski, so the fact that Korin is the father of Geralt is not canon.

Yepp, totally true. This "canon" with Korin is nothing that has to do with the original Geralt-Saga lore. It was made up in this comic, and never confirmed or used by Sapkwoski.

Top Bottom