Our Community Fan Translations

+
OK!

So, there are short stories of the book "Last Wish". Chronologically, the stories there, are the first ones. The last two stories, chronologically, are called "the Witcher" and "the Voice of Reason", the former being the story about the Striga, and the latter being the framing story of the book.

Here is a sort of a diagram, that shows the chronological order.

1. "A Road of No Return", which is a story about Geralt's parents.
  2. "The Last Wish" short stories, except "The Witcher" and "The Voice of Reason".
  3. "Season of Storms"
  4. "The Witcher" short story, from "The Last Wish" short story collection.
  5. "The Voice of Reason" short story, from "The Last Wish" short story collection.
  6. "The Sword of Destiny" short stories.
  7. "Blood of Elves"
  8. "Time of Contempt"
  9. "Baptism of Fire"
  10. "Tower of Swallows"
  11. "The Lady of the Lake"
  12. "Something ends, Something begins", which is a non canon story.

Hope this helps. :)
thnks but A Road of No Return" has been translated?
and the season of storms could be the first book of new saga on geralt ?

From what I have understood, it comes before Blood of Elves regarding the timeline, but I don't really know where between the short novels.
I can't wait for it to be translated...

Also, I don't know how I could have missed it, so a huge thank you for 'Something Ends, Something Begins' to its translator and cassandra31eee (as I assume this short story will not be edited...).

yeah thank you very much cassandra for yours awesome work

This is not my work, i just opened the topic so the work of other members could be gathered in one place.
You are too kind.

Why Tretogor has been changed into the "Dreiberg", like in German translation? In official English translation and games Tretogor is still Tretogor...

Also - Reynart de Bois-Fresnes was changed into "Reynart Bois-de Fresnes" ???

Last edited:
I just recently started reading Tower of the Swallow, but the current fan translation quickly turned me off due to the errors. I'm still thankful it was translated in the first place!

That said, I'm eagerly awaiting your updated translation.

I keep finding new things to tweak. Bear with me. What format are you looking to read? I currently have the pdf nearly ready to push, but it shouldn't take too long extra to epub/mobi it too. (The formatting shifts just enough to require a skim read before calling it good... need to ensure that no obscure glyphs or ligatures are substituted by my page-layout program when exporting to the e-book, though they look better in pdf. Stuff like that).

It isn't strictly an updated translation (I only have the english version to use), but rather a massaging of the current translation to remove the more obvious errors, and hopefully improve readability.

If anyone is interested I still have docx files of the last two books, easy to edit, with some tweaks already implemented. I can upload them.

I keep finding new things to tweak. Bear with me. What format are you looking to read? I currently have the pdf nearly ready to push, but it shouldn't take too long extra to epub/mobi it too. (The formatting shifts just enough to require a skim read before calling it good... need to ensure that no obscure glyphs or ligatures are substituted by my page-layout program when exporting to the e-book, though they look better in pdf. Stuff like that).

It isn't strictly an updated translation (I only have the english version to use), but rather a massaging of the current translation to remove the more obvious errors, and hopefully improve readability.

I would prefer an ebook format, but PDF is just fine. Regardless of the format, your work in cleaning up the translation is much appreciated!

Hello french readers,

If there are some french readers wandering here, I wanna tell them that, after having translated in french "Quelque chose s'achève, quelque chose commence" ("Something ends, Something begins"), I translated too the 3 first chapters of "Season of Storms" : The Chapter 1, widely spread in english on Internet, and the two following chapters Interlude and Chapter 2, translated in english by Asheral82 and posted in July on this thread.
Everytime Ashera82 will continue his translation work, I will continue mine... up to a complete translation of Season of Storms ? Let's hope so !
The two translations may be found here :
https://sites.google.com/site/lesitededaneel53/home/quelque-chose-s-acheve-quelque-chose-commence

Cassandra, may be you can add this link on the first page for the french readers. Thanks ! :)

@Daneel53
I just saw that i can, indeed, edit this topic. I thought i couldn't edit old posts), but even so, i don't think it's a good idea. You could, however, open a new topic for French readers.

"The Tower of Swallows" is submitted for upload, should turn up sometime later today ish.

I know I was still catching things during prep for export last night, so there are quiet likely to still be minor errors scattered sparsely through it... any one reading the pdf let me know where they are and I'll update during the prep for ebook production ~ and who knows? Maybe even impose it for print too just for shit'n'giggles.

Cassandra, this is a strange answer. So must I understand that a topic named "Our Community Fan Translations" must be understood as "Our Community English only Fan Translations" ? I feel a little sad reading this...

OK, I will go elsewhere, but I'm still wondering about the real meaning of the word "Community"... I must have badly translated it, for sure. :cry:

Cassandra, this is a strange answer. So must I understand that a topic named "Our Community Fan Translations" must be understood as "Our Community English only Fan Translations" ? I feel a little sad reading this...

OK, I will go elsewhere, but I'm still wondering about the real meaning of the word "Community"... I must have badly translated it, for sure. :cry:

Hmm I think you're misinterpreting Cassandra's intentions. This thread is about the English Translations of the books. Having the French Translations as well, would imply that this is a thread about every translation in any language. While it's cool to have everything in one place most of the times, I don't think that this is the case here.

There would be too many links, and possibly some languages would be lacking.

I think Cassandra is right. You should start a new thread with the French translations. It would be easier for people to find and read your work. :)

Also, we're all friends here. And love is in the air. :p

"The Tower of Swallows" is submitted for upload, should turn up sometime later today ish.

I know I was still catching things during prep for export last night, so there are quiet likely to still be minor errors scattered sparsely through it... any one reading the pdf let me know where they are and I'll update during the prep for ebook production ~ and who knows? Maybe even impose it for print too just for shit'n'giggles.
1st post has been updated .

I think Cassandra is right. You should start a new thread with the French translations. It would be easier for people to find and read your work. :)

Good idea, but I'd also like to point out that if an official translation exists, we don't allow links to the fan translation. This is probably why there haven't, in the past, been threads about translations into other languages.

Last edited:
Most likely but that is the title I was given and saw no reason to change it after reading the title of the book above it .

Both of those look wrong. Actually if you look inside both PDFs, they both name it correctly :) So there is no reason to name it incorrectly in the link title. Someone just made a mistake when naming the link originally.

Last edited:
Top Bottom