Our Community Fan Translations

+
Thank you! I'm still holding off until the translation is finished before reading it, but your (and spektroskopista's) efforts are hugely appreciated
:cheers4:

How many chapters are there in SoS?

And huge thanks to those community members translating this. You are all kinds of awesome. :)

How many chapters are there in SoS?

And huge thanks to those community members translating this. You are all kinds of awesome. :)
20 if I remember correctly. SoS is pretty much like HoS. An expansion pack for main saga. And it's story (which feels rather more like a collection of short stories connected together) is great as well. It was also good to see how CDPR implemented a few references to the book in dialogues of TW3.

20 if I remember correctly. SoS is pretty much like HoS. An expansion pack for main saga. And it's story (which feels rather more like a collection of short stories connected together) is great as well. It was also good to see how CDPR implemented a few references to the book in dialogues of TW3.
So the fan translation is nearing completion.

Awesome. This is like the best community ever.

Btw, was one of those references related to the Nobleman statuette quest?

Last edited:
Btw, was one of those references related to the Nobleman statuette quest?
Statuettes not exactly connected to the book, but there is a few dialogs with Yennefer and Gaunter O'Dimm where have been mentioned places and events that took place during SoS. :)

And to return on topic, I want to say thanks to everyone who working on English translation. It's surely is a massive amount of hard work!

Thank you so much asheral82 and spektroskopista!! I am so excited about finally being able to read Season of Storms soon, your work is very much appreciated! :cheers:

Asheral82 and Spektroskopista, thank you so much for doing this - it is massively appreciated and yes, this is going on my kindle immediately.

I've posted this over to reddit if you don't mind (crediting you guys, of course) and linking back here (I hope that is fine).

So, uh...I don't suppose the Hussite Trilogy is next on the cards?
:nice:

Today I saw it on Reddit.
Congratulation and thanks asheral82!
I got muddled in various things in January, my daughter was in hospital for over a week, and I had trouble getting back to translation. My daughter is three and a half and doesn't speak that well. So she was sent to get EEG scan, but hospital gets more money if they make full spectrum of test. So instead of single day it was eight or so. She was put into general anesthesia and got MRI scan as well. Everything is OK. But I was afraid quite a bit. I myself wasn't in general anesthesia yet. Few close calls tough. But this hospital was a really dreadful place. My daughter's hospital roommate was a boy no yet two that had suffered brain attack. My daughter was generally healthiest kid in the child neurology ward. And the conditions that my wife had there were awful. Just a field bed that she was allowed to set up after 9pm and had to get up at 6am. And it costed like a hotel too. They got cold, and I too after visiting them, and it was one mean bug. You have to be in good health to go to hospital in Poland.
Then I found out that civil court put my case into wrong register, which was fixed, but things will take more time now. When I had a trace of being owner I went to various companies and got new contracts for electricity and waste disposal. Second one was a bit complex, because it turns out that charge for waste disposal is local tax, and it's being booked differently, so I had to write few letters so the payments in my fathers stead could be booked for me.
So I thought it's really high time to get back to translation, and bam! it's completed. I appreciate it very much. It certainly lifted the weight from my heart.

Also just finished SoS - again, a massive thank you for the translation.

As others have said, I don't think it's at the same level of the other short story books, but that is by no means saying that it's bad - it was excellent to see old gloomy, woeful-is-the-witcher's-lot Geralt again, and Sapko's sense of humour remains as beautifully dry as ever.
:geraltsad:

Thanks for finishing the SoS translation! I've been waiting for this for many months. I've read all the books except for this last story.

Great work asheral82. Been wanting to read the last Witcher novel.

For anyone interested, I'm working on proofing asheral82's work and will post here when I'm done. Done with chapters 1-5 so far, keeping a good pace so far ;) (just started proofing on Sunday)

Top Bottom