Our Community Fan Translations

+
Thanks bro, for putting in the time . Really man ur awesome. Can't wait until it's all translated so i can start reading...

Last edited:
Thank you, I appreciate that people want to carry the task further.
The 13th chapter is not finished yet.
I think it's time to go on with the translation. I will try to put some work into that today. I went silent for too long probably. It was a bit overwhelming when house maintenance fell on me. Suddenly leaky boiler is my concern (and boiler is just start -whole heating installation has to go, no money to do that right now so there's big time hoping that it'll completely fail AFTER the winter), and I'm the one to hang another smaller boiler over the kitchen sink. And it went poorly, because I forgot simple fact that the house I live in is German and it was built in late 20's -early 30's. So brick size was a bit smaller, and every hole I drilled was between the bricks. And so on. List is endless. But that's just life. So - back to translation.

So a few pages done. It's hard to get back to tempo. Epub updated, but still chapter is not complete. There is a song with not so nice lyrics, and this is a bit hard to translate. I probably will not be able to preserve rhymes, nor rhythm. This chapter (and it seems a few next too) is it seems mirrored in a comic - namely Fox Children. Appropriate title at that. But it will be a chapter or two before it will be obvious why. I used translation from this comic for a certain town, but that is only one that I was able to find. I don't own any of these, and I'm not into this kind of art, but translation used in this comic is semi-official. Back to translation - maybe I will be able to get some more tonight.

Another small update. Chapter is still not complete. Weather is not good for any activities here. Thunderstorms and heatwave. And everything that can go wrong in my experiments goes wrong.

Thanks for this, i had all the short stories and the saga, and im almost at the finish, currently reading Lady of the Lake, and i dont want it to end. haha.

Now i can read Seasons of Storms as well!

Few hours ago I silently updated both versions. Chapter thirteen done, both version have it complete. Epub has also stub of next chapter. Opening quote is real (in sense that there really was Chinese scholar of given name, and he really wrote treatise on foxes), so I dug it up in the web, and there it is. That's also true for Castaneda quotes. When I finish my fight against complete works of Lovecraft I'll certainly try to grab a copy of few books, mentioned in chapter openers. But that's beside the point.

How many chapters total are there in Season of Storms? I'll wait until they're all translated before starting to read through it.

Keep up the good work, spektro! Respect.

Few hours ago I silently updated both versions. Chapter thirteen done, both version have it complete. Epub has also stub of next chapter. Opening quote is real (in sense that there really was Chinese scholar of given name, and he really wrote treatise on foxes), so I dug it up in the web, and there it is. That's also true for Castaneda quotes. When I finish my fight against complete works of Lovecraft I'll certainly try to grab a copy of few books, mentioned in chapter openers. But that's beside the point.

Just wanted to say, I appreciate this more than I can express. This is the only way right now for me to read this book, since I only read English fluently.

Also, I have been going through your translation on my spare time and cleaning up the grammar and punctuation and suchlike a bit. I don't mean any disrespect, hope you don't mind, but I was sort of wondering if anyone would be interested in it once I finish.

Also, I have been going through your translation on my spare time and cleaning up the grammar and punctuation and suchlike a bit. I don't mean any disrespect, hope you don't mind, but I was sort of wondering if anyone would be interested in it once I finish.

I am interested! Grammar corrections are such a small thing, but they make a huge difference. Upload away if you feel like it.

I am interested! Grammar corrections are such a small thing, but they make a huge difference. Upload away if you feel like it.

Good! spektroskopia has done a fabulous job, but I thought it could benefit from someone who spoke and wrote English as a first language going over it.

By the gods is the The road with no return canon and if it is, is there any fan translations out there?

It is. It is the legit story of how Geralts mom met his father, and it also give some backstory to both of them. Honestly it doesn't look much like a Witcher story to me. Even Sapkovski mentions that the monsters/humanoids were never used in the other books because they (from what I'm able to remember) were sorta out of place. I found a short summary here reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/2bx5rs/a_road_with_no_return_summaryfantranslation which is more or less what happened. Honestly the story left me angry because I had more questions than answers when the story finished. Like for example what happened to Visenna and Korin, what lead to them leaving Geralt to become a witcher etc.

It is. It is the legit story of how Geralts mom met his father, and it also give some backstory to both of them. Honestly it doesn't look much like a Witcher story to me. Even Sapkovski mentions that the monsters/humanoids were never used in the other books because they (from what I'm able to remember) were sorta out of place. I found a short summary here reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/2bx5rs/a_road_with_no_return_summaryfantranslation which is more or less what happened. Honestly the story left me angry because I had more questions than answers when the story finished. Like for example what happened to Visenna and Korin, what lead to them leaving Geralt to become a witcher etc.

There was also graphic novel based on this short-story, it developed the plot fairly... though you know, Polish only :p

There was also graphic novel based on this short-story, it developed the plot fairly... though you know, Polish only :p

Ain't a lie I have heard about other comic books based on the stories in The Last Wish and Sword of Destiny from the 90s (still only in Polish) tho I haven't seen anything regarding them on the web (not that I have done a detailed search on them). The Dark Horse comic books are all The Witcher comic books you need, personall opinion of course.

Last edited:
Top Bottom