Our Most Anticipated Video Games of 2014 !

+
I'm really wondering if I should even reply. Oh well...

I bet you must be fun at a party.

I don't ever recall anyone calling Lords of the Fallen a "simulator". Last I checked, it was a game. No need for realism. Especially when more realism does NOT mean better game design (in fact, it's the opposite, it leads to shit game design but hey, you probably already know that). MGR Revengeance wasn't all that realistic but it sure had some savy game design AND was a ton of fun to play.

It's a fucking shame that people still think like you. It's this "entitlement" disposition that marks anything that doesn't resonate with your preferences as shit and things that do as good. Your subjective opinions are irrelevant when it comes to good game design and because of their arbitrary nature, applying them when trying to critique a certain game that is trying to achieve a particular goal, it's going to lead to you missing the point entirely in what the game is trying to do. Super Mario Bros. ain't realistic at all buddy but let me tell you, it's got some really clever and elegant design. But you don't give a shit do you. Because no fucking person can jump that high or breathe indefinitely under water, right...

My advice: broaden your horizons a bit. Read a book or two on narratology and game design. Enjoy your intellectual stimulation.

First of all, congrats on only saying "fucking" twice in the same paragraph. Second, don't take things so seriously. We're talking about a game, games are for fun and therefore it is only normal that we poke fun at them. Commenting on silly or unintentionally comedic aspects of games doesn't detract from the fun or their quality.

I don't really see how you gathered all that from an isolated comment. Apparently now I am entitled and everything that doesn't resonate with my preferences is shit. Because I did call this game shit, and it touched a nerve, right? Hmm, no, I didn't. There are plenty of ridiculous games that are fun. Mario Bros is a good example. Fire dunks in NBA Jam are another example. MK Fatalities are yet another example.

In case you weren't familiar with this particular meaning, ridiculous also denotes nonsense, something that provokes laughter, an absurdity or inconsistency. That is precisely what rolling in full plate armor is, whether you like it or not. The point here is precisely how visible this inconsistency is compared with the rest of the game world. Mario has Mario physics, turtle shells, stars and shrooms. But you wouldn't expect that from plate armor.

My advice: broaden your horizons a bit :) Don't take game arguments too seriously.

Last edited:
Whoa, NBA Jam, now there is a game I forgot all about...and who can say "NBA" and "jam" without playing this in your head for weeks :ice:

After clicking on the link and checking out the other thread, I discovered something very perplexing. It is THAT Lords of the Shadow!? The one I thought RED was working on? What the fuck happened? Did they sell the IP or something?

I received quite the shock when I found out that it was the same game.

Ehhh... no?

This is when the studio that Tomasz Gop from CDPR joined announced the game, then called Project RPG:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/06/witcher-too-former-cdp-leads-new-rpg-at-deck-13/

Here's my list.
1 The Witcher 3 (obviously)
2 Dark Souls II
3 Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (I hope they got that damned camera fixed from the first one)
4 Torment: Tides of Numenara
5 South Park: The Stick of Truth (I'm not really a South Park fan, but the game looks fun)
Finally Wolfenstein: The New Order (please be good, please be good....)

Top Bottom