Our Most Anticipated Video Games of 2014 !

+
Our Most Anticipated Video Games of 2014 !

It seems that there is no such topic yet on this board and there should be ! And so... there it is.

I imagine that The Witcher 3 is gonna top most of your lists anyway, but I'm curious about the runners-up. I actually made a video on the subject, cue in shameless self-promotion, with my [Top #5] Most Anticipated Games of 2014 if you're curious about my list.

What are the games that you are most looking forward to ? AAAs or Indies ? Western or Japanese ? RPGs or FPSs [yeah, yeah... we all know the answer] ; ]

1. The Witcher 3 - For obvious reasons

2. Divinity: Original Sin - An RPG I backed on KS a while ago, it's similar to The Witcher 3 but also very different at the same time. I expect a weaker plot but a lot of freedom in terms of exploration and establishing a character. Some people are claiming it's a spiritual successor to Ultima 7, so that alone should get you excited.

3. Pillars of Eternity - Interested to see what Obsidian can do with this one. I've already said that the game doesn't interest me too much because it seems to lack any fresh ideas but it's still a strong contender for RPG of the year in my books, it *is* Obsidian after all.

4. The Wolf Among Us - After Episode 2 was delayed forever, I look forward to finally getting my hands on it in February. The world and characters really intrigued me, to the point where the laughable point and click component doesn't bother me. I just hope they actually manage to put in some decent C&C, unlike in TWD.

5. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - Game's a lot of fun, if a bit casual. I've greatly enjoyed myself during the Beta and am interested to see what new things they add before release.

Wild Hunt.
Project Eternity.
Torment: Tides of Numenera.
Divinity.
Mods as usual, one of the brightest lights in gaming.

Feel I know your name from somewhere Luxorek, anyway good thread.

It's not full list, there are some nice looking indie games coming out this year.

- Mad Max
- Oddowrold New n Tasy
- Rime
- Evolve
- Wolfenstein
- MGS 5
- Infamous: Second Son
- Routine
- Alien Isolation
- South Park: The Stick Of Truth
- Last Guardian?
- Star Citizen
- Witcher 3

If you're Polish we could have met on some RPG forum - Gothic series perhaps ? I am also active on Bioware Social Network, besides that... I don't think I ever participated anywhere else.

EDIT: I've just seen your signature, you're English, which deems first possibility a non-possibility : ]

1) Witcher 3 - Although I have same skepticism with regards to things like story quality in an open world RPG and also how they will handle imports.
2) Wildstar - The MMO that might finally bury World of Warcraft and usher in a new era of online raiding? Oh yes.
3) Dark Souls II - I am prepared to die...then come back and kill them all.
4) Star Citizen - The first crowdfunded game that really peaked my interest.
5) Dragon Age: Inquisiton - Which I expect to give me a load of good times as I bash the shit out of it.

Division,
Destiny,
Witcher 3,
New Uncharted?
Watch Dogs
Metal Gear Solid 5.
Rime.

It's a console year for me.

1. The Witcher 3
2. Dark Souls 2
3. Divinity Original Sin
4. Might & Magic X Legacy
5. Dragon Age Inquisition.

First four for obvious reasons - a big fan of previous games. DAI - I am burning with curiosity how Bioware handled the backlash from DA2 and ME3 disaster, and what they came up with given that they took nearly the whole damn year for development.

Last edited:
Wild Hunt.
Project Eternity.
Torment: Tides of Numenera.
Divinity.
Mods as usual, one of the brightest lights in gaming.

Torment's going to be out in 2015, not 2014, right? Otherwise, I need to revise my list.

- No points for guessing the top one, never been so much excited for ANY game EVER.

- Road Redemption (spiritual successor to Road Rash, ah back in the day! I contributed to the kickstarter and will have my name in-game and in the credits)

- Watch_Dogs (This was my most waited game for last year, the delay was such a bummer. This is going to be the GTA killer hopefully, and well like a precursor to CP77)

-Tom Clancy's The Division (Really impressed me the most among the new ones, plus I like Ubisoft games in general)

-Dragon Age: Inquisition (please be good)

-The Wolf Among Us (I just played the first ep some weeks back after buying it on the steam sale, it's so well made. seems the 2nd ep took a long time to come so ppl are pissed, well at least I didn't have to technically go through it LOL)

-Mad Max (fan of the franchise, hope it's good. Also waiting for the movie, Tom Hardy will surely rock it!)

-Thief (but looking at early reviews I fear it's going to be a bummer, I hope not much.)

Also other unconfirmed include GTA V for PC since it's possible for it to release this year, MGSV but I guess the PC version won't arrive early as next year or so, will be very lucky/glad if it did. Didn't play much of the first Dark Souls coz the port was so horrible, but will keep an eye out for 2.
And the next Batman game.

Last edited:
In no particular order:

- Wasteland 2
- The Witcher 3
- Pillars of Eternity (2014 or 2015?)
- Legend of Grimrock 2

2014 games that I need to buy:

- The Banner Saga
- Blackguards
- Broken Age

too much power fantasy. any character that isn't a walking cliche?

w3 looks good, but difficult to decide if i still need it with kcd alpha in 6 months.

mgs5 looks surprisingly good because normally mgs game have weird anime stuff. but when it comes on pc, someone mod some clothes for the fan service bikini girl.

watch dog and division both ubisoft games right? they look like sp and mp counterparts of the same soulless universe. one with hacking gimmick, the other with mmo gimmick.

mad max, i am a big fan of the world and atmosphere, also, the main character. he's very much like geralt. but so little info about this game. can very easily turn into a movie tie in made for generic call of duty chest high wall borderland wannabe mmo microtransaction cash grab.

star citizens, one of the more disappointing projects. huge budget, great community, passionate dev and game designer who know that they're doing. but wow, ship design wise, possibly the biggest fail i've ever seen. some people have not grown out of the 70s and 80s star wars and buck rogers aesthetics.

routine and alien, featuring patented running away gameplay as seen in amnesia. :)

Witcher 3 (of course)
Persona 5
Trails in the Sky Second Chapter
Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma
Persona 4: Arena Ultimax (not sure if it releases this year on console)

Last edited:
Well, The Witcher 3 was my most anticipated game, followed by Dirt 4, Cyberpunk 2077, Hitman 6, Kingdom Come, Mafia III, Mirror's Edge, Watch Dogs, The Division etc...buuuut, all those games went down the river the moment I saw this masterpiece in the making.

Definitely Game Of ALL The Years! 8)

Last edited:
Top Bottom