Out Now: Music inspired by 'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt'!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Out Now: Music inspired by 'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt'!

Here it is! The official soundtrack from ‘The Witcher Music Contest’! This is a compilation of tracks that were selected by Marcin Przybyłowicz and our team back in November, 2015.

You can listen to the soundtrack on Spotify!

We’d like to, once again, thank each and everyone who participated in this contest – you guys are truly the best!

Spotify again?... That page doesn't even open for me without registration, so I'll skip it as your previous DRMed releases as well. Come on folks, please start using DRM-free services like Bandcamp. Is it some new managerial direction in CDPR to release music with DRM only?

Last edited:

Here it is! The official soundtrack from ‘The Witcher Music Contest’! This is a compilation of tracks that were selected by Marcin Przybyłowicz and our team back in November, 2015.

You can listen to the soundtrack on Spotify!

We’d like to, once again, thank each and everyone who participated in this contest – you guys are truly the best!

Can you guys please choose a DRM free outlet for your product? Only your games are DRM free I guess?

I love you guys to death, and I like the fact that you did this thing with the community and are publishing the resulting work (kind of like a nice present made with the community for the community). But please, you have an amazing DRM-free digital outlet, utilize it :) These masterpieces (didn't listen to the inspired ones, but I'm talking about the OST of the game and the expansions) deserve to be fully DRM-free and downloadable, and listened in really high quality format. I know, I know, "Spotify is a valuable partner" and all; but they shouldn't be able to dictate to you, CD Projekt, when it comes to these stuff. And we love your DRM-free attitude :) Iwinski to the rescue maybe? :)

Hi everyone,

I would be very very glad if it were possible to get this compilation on CD in your shop.
I would also like to buy on CD the other Witcher music, the additional soundtracks.
Maybe I am not the only old fashioned one who prefers CD...

Spotify isn't even available where I live. Can't you release these tracks elsewhere and as a download, not a streaming only thing?
Awfully counter-intuitive to limit to Spotify streaming. I don't expect this from CDPR.

As much as i want to listen to the soundtrack I am not going to touch a DRM service, so i want to thank you for your effort and say no thank you for the way you provided it for me.

Despite the DRM platform, some tracks are real gold, although others use and overuse dubstep (ugh) and certain tracks repeat the same sounds over and over again, but nonetheless, overall really good tracks, "Vatt'gern" and "Temeria Trip" are my favourites.

Also, I think @TemerianGirl made a track that is in the album, though I am not sure which one that is :p

Last edited:
Spotify is pretty awesome.

Spotify is DRMed, so it's in conflict with values that CDPR in the past exemplified. I wouldn't call any DRMed service awesome - it's like two steps backwards for the whole industry. Bandcamp is awesome on the other hand. They have free streaming, ability to buy any track, including in FLAC, and pay more than the set price if you want to support the artist more (artist can even set "pay what you want" price there).

Do you have a problem with releasing music in such store? And if yes, what is it? Free streaming concerns you? And why can't you release it on your own GOG at least for DRM-free purchasing only?

Last edited:
We do not have this information. Please check directly with selected outlets.

I'm sorry but what? You are releasing this stuff so, surely you should know whether or not, you are releasing as DRM free or not. You have done so with TW1 and 2 on GOG so it's not like this is something new to you.

Do you plan to release this on GOG? If not, why not?

---------- Updated at 03:18 PM ----------

Spotify is DRMed, so it's in conflict with values that CDPR in the past exemplified. I wouldn't call any DRMed service awesome - it's like two steps backwards for the whole industry. Bandcamp is awesome on the other hand. They have free streaming, ability to buy any track, including in FLAC, and pay more than the set price if you want to support the artist more (artist can even set "pay what you want" price there).

Do you have a problem with releasing music in such store? And if yes, what is it? Free streaming concerns you? And why can't you release it on your own GOG at least for DRM-free purchasing only?

Spot on! CDPR response to this so far, has made me very angry at them. So far their stance on DRM free content has been tepid, at best.

One last thing. I chose to purchase TW3 via GOG as I found out that CDPR get 100% of the profits. I really wanted the physical version but decided against it so that you guys got as much profit from my purchase as possible. I am starting to regret that decision due to actions like these.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Top Bottom