Out Now: Music inspired by 'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt'!

+
Let me be devil's advocate please, CDPROJEKT found a gray area here, they promised games without DRM and they are keeping their promise, but the extra content, the stuff that people really like can be treated differently because it is not really a part of the game. It seems like CDPROJEKT decided to bring back the lousy DRM there.

All we can do is not enter the sites, i guess that they receive money according to hits.

I don't like any kind of streaming when it comes to music. And to be completely honest I don't like and I don't think I would care enough to give spotify a chance. Too bad, because I really like TW3's music (and that's an understatement). I want to support the musicians, but I think I'll have to hold back for now... I hope CDPR would take into a serious consideration about bringing the extras to GOG, even though it's going to spark another controversy if people required to spend money to get them, but I personally would gladly spend my money on them. No stream please... :)

Another drama eh?

I wasn't even aware this album was going to come out and with all that said - I would really like to see the separate release on GoG - but I bet there is a reason NOT to do it (yet?) - just like someone said here - it would make no sense for them to not profit from it directly (and/or the artists).

All this DRM talk, about CDPR betraying their values because of the release of a fan music album on streaming services only is laughable.
Never be too quick to judge things like these.
Yes, people with no access to those services are rightfully disappointed, but I doubt many of the people here are in this situation.

In conclusion, there must be a reason for it and not everything that goes behind the scenes is a shady deal or evil management trying to scam people.

And of course, I think CDPR should rethink this decision and release it as normal downloadable files too.

Nice release. Luckily, a few artists uploaded their music on YouTube (Gilead - Vatt'ghern, for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCfjG2efwz4), so we can check full versions of some tracks. And 30 second samples of other songs sound great. Probably will buy the full album later on Google Play. But, to tell the truth, release on GOG would be the best decision of all possible.

Top Bottom