Outdated contracts

+
I think some of the contracts need updating, for example:

Bodybuilder "Win an online match where one of your unit's strength is at least 50" - the way the game is at the moment it's next to impossible to achieve this. All the Geralt cards, all the cards that reset power, these prevent this. Even Viy doesn't get this big (that I've ever seen). Also, "online match": are there any other kinds?
Also the contract "The bigger they are..." since the same problem exists, there aren't units this big and almost no-one uses scorch these days as it's simpler to use something worth way less provisions.

Poor Man's Gwent "Win a match using a deck that has 100 provisions or less." That means every card you play has to be a 4 provision card and you can only have the minimum number of cards in your deck (25). As someone mentioned in a different thread, the only way to realistically manage this is during the seasonal mode Switcheroo by using the opponents gold cards against them; this highlights (as if it needed any more highlighting) that the match is determined by the gold cards. The bronze ones are just support ones, the 4 provision ones have no real power on their own. I personally think they need to make this a game mode instead of a contract, have a non-ranked mode that allows people to play only with 4 provision cost cards.

Anything referencing Faction challenges since it seems like there hasn't been one in around a year.

What other contracts do you think need updating?

nehu

Forum regular
Poor Man's Gwent "Win a match using a deck that has 100 provisions or less."

thats quite easy, but u have to wait for right seasonal mode (switcheroo), i made in at first attempt there

bodybuilder is not such problem (ST deck including aglais and boosts can make it, if u missed wolf seasonal, bl, there each unit recieved boost 2/4 points, just MO eating each other could be enough), as that one contract, where u have to scorch opponents unit with 50+ points (thats almost impossible vs sane players. maybe some next boosting seasonal + vysogota can help)

Last edited:
thats quite easy, but u have to wait for right seasonal mode (switcheroo)
Which is exactly what I said in my original post...

If it was labeled Seasonal, then that would be reasonable but it's in the Mastery category so it makes absolutely no sense that it should only be achievable during one season.

nehu

Forum regular
its achievable anytime, just meet someone who is going to forfeit, chinese folding bots... in seasonal there are many forfeits

or someone whos going for daily artifacts/neutrals quest, such people dont take it seriously

this season is giving some chances too, 3p or less units doing damage and some special cards + ST precison strike vs poor deck can make it

switcheroo is just easy way, should all achievements be easy? dont think so

Last edited:
I recently achieved Poor Man's Gwent, simply queque into casual with a lockdown deck filled only with bronzes, 100 provisions, if you have collar even better. I got it in like 2 minutes thanks to a person insta-forfeiting against me :beer:
Thanks toxic meta :coolstory:

DRK3

Forum veteran
I think some of the contracts need updating, for example:

Bodybuilder "Win an online match where one of your unit's strength is at least 50" - the way the game is at the moment it's next to impossible to achieve this. All the Geralt cards, all the cards that reset power, these prevent this. Even Viy doesn't get this big (that I've ever seen). Also, "online match": are there any other kinds?
Also the contract "The bigger they are..." since the same problem exists, there aren't units this big and almost no-one uses scorch these days as it's simpler to use something worth way less provisions.

Poor Man's Gwent "Win a match using a deck that has 100 provisions or less." That means every card you play has to be a 4 provision card and you can only have the minimum number of cards in your deck (25). As someone mentioned in a different thread, the only way to realistically manage this is during the seasonal mode Switcheroo by using the opponents gold cards against them; this highlights (as if it needed any more highlighting) that the match is determined by the gold cards. The bronze ones are just support ones, the 4 provision ones have no real power on their own. I personally think they need to make this a game mode instead of a contract, have a non-ranked mode that allows people to play only with 4 provision cost cards.

Anything referencing Faction challenges since it seems like there hasn't been one in around a year.

What other contracts do you think need updating?

Those contracts mention 'online match' so you arent able to do them in training mode, vs AI. I still think you can do them against friends, which is sort of cheating, but if you really want a certain contract and feel you cant do it otherwise...

Poor Man's Gwent is easy, read what @nehu said - you dont need to win a proper match, just play a while until you face bots or players doing quests. For example, new journey quests come on tuesdays, there's way more people doing those on that day, they just play the specific cards for the quest and forfeit, and you get the contract.

The big units is harder, like you said, there's a lot of tall punishment in the meta so no one risks going over 50. Still there are many cards that can go over 50 easily if not countered: Dagur, Cahir, Aglais... i believe i did it with She Troll, although the Arachas swarm leader worked differently back then.

Bodybuilder and The Bigger They Are can both be done easily provided you have no interest in actually winning that match. Create a Monster deck with lots of pointslam cards, consume units, and scorch in it. Play out pointslam cards until your opponent passes (or do it in R2 when you have 8 cards to their 7 and they pass). Continue playing, and consume your pointslam units to make a 50 pointer, then scorch it. It'll take a few tries unless you do it in a match against a friend who doesn't interfere.

I've seen a few posts indicating that CDPR is looking to bring back the factional challenges. They're just trying to find a way to make them more engaging.

Top Bottom