Outta curiosity pc players, how excited are you for 1.5?

+

1.5 new playthrough

• Yes

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 47.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably the biggest patch yet. Just given the fact they skipped over 1.4 Are you going to start a new playthrough? I don't know if pc players are getting a 'next gen upgrade' or not. Personally, I think 1.5 is mostly going to be bug fixes and what not. As a ps5 player, if it wasn't for the next gen version. I don't think I would do a playthrough. Though it would have to be how big the fix list is.

lelxrv

Forum veteran
I'm not excited for anything CDPR-related.

If there's a major expansion, I will return to the game. If there won't be any expansions, then I will just wait till the end of this year and try another playthough to see what they fixed/improved after two years since the original release.

A little worried, honestly. Longer waits mean higher expectations - no way around it. People are expecting a second launch, some sort of C2077 2.0 and although I hope everything goes great... well, I think some of us won't be happy anyway, no matter what.

To me personally, it's no big deal: I will probably start a new run, but I'll keep my hype for future expansions. *w*

seomid

Forum regular
Given whatever we're experiencing right now is CDPRs understanding of improved communication I don't see much reason to be excited for game improvements.

But hey, bet some lawyer can bend the definition of improvement to match the current state of things.

"OUTTA CURIOSITY PC PLAYERS, HOW EXCITED ARE YOU FOR 1.5?"

Am exited for 1.5, but not following it, nor interrupting my current playthrough, just to start a new one, once it's installed. Never do, because I know how long constructing game versions can take, with also taking into account, eventual postponements to tackle possible setbacks.

I just forget about it, play and enjoy the game. Especially now with the newest mods like the NCART, Mahir Coach, vehicle .inis, (were available for longer, but just discovered them recently), which for me at least have gravely raised immersion Burj Khalifa high. (Can say that because the game plays perfectly fine for me without any issue. Realize that it unfortunately, is not the same for (some) others).

It's good to be exited about new content, but definitely NOT good when you've become obsessed with it. You'll turn cyberpsycho when it turns out you waited so long for 1.5 only to discover it did not (in the least) meet to your expectations.

I see absolutely no reason to be "excited" for it. Consoles are getting next-gen. We aren't. We've been "next-gen" since the very beginning.

I expect bug fixes, some QoL and at least one more piece of free DLC. I don't expect new content. Nor do I expect changes to the more poorly implemented systems. If it happens, it'll be welcomed but I surely don't expect it.

That's me though, I temper my expectations about this patch. Whatever the patch may be, I'm not excited about it but I'm at least happy about it. Any improvement is welcome.

I am very excited for 1.5 just because I want to see what it bring to the table. (I'm hoping for working HDR, resolved LOD issues and V being reflected.)

I have still voted no, just because I haven't finished my first one yet and I took a short break during the summer. Initially, I wanted to wait for 1.3 and afterwards I had other, smaller games I wanted to finish like Life is Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy and Gamedec. At the moment, I'm contemplating whether I should continue my playthrough or just keep waiting for 1.5.

As for the second playthrough, I will probably wait until both expansions have been released and I will use a save of this playthrough to play the expansion(s) for the very first time.

Does anyone else have some texture rendering issues on next Gen? I play on Performance mode and still get it every now and then.

AFAICS the major issues of lacking AI, physics, gameplay mechanics and Potemkin Village Open World will probably not be addressed.

This game, which has been toted around as an RPG for about seven and a half years, does'nt even have a walk button on PC after more than a year after release, ffs.
Why should I be excited?

Last edited:
I wouldn't call myself excited. I'd say that I'm waiting for CDPR to fix their game. And this is their last chance to do so. If this patch doesn't bring the game to any sort of quality level, there will be no CDPR to make the sequel. Here's why:

Because those same people who can't make Cyberpunk run properly and without bugs won't be able to make The Witcher 4 run properly and without bugs. What makes anyone think that making a fantasy game is any easier? Because there is no cars? Well, what about functional game mechanics? Quests that you don't have to replay from previous save or restart the game a couple times so the script loads properly? What about scraping the entire game and starting over a number of times, with devs leaving the company?

A company that is internally ill won't produce anything good, no matter what project they take on. And there will be no parallel development for The Witcher 4 and Cyberpunk 2 if they can't even make one game run properly after over a year of additional development.

So yes, I am looking forward to the patch 1.5

I was satisfied waiting a year before purchasing the game, and 1.31 ran very well on my antique gaming laptop from 2014.
I've started my second playthrough on mods which dramatically enhances the game balance & interface.

I believe in time mods will also fulfil all the missing gameplay expectations and allow for a more immersive experience, no need to wait for DLC or EP which will eventually come. Things like gang affinities, ability to put on disguise using faction clothing, netrunner abilities, usable metro system, all these are already available in mods but will probably never appear in official patch.

The reality is, if we keep waiting for official hype then we will inevitably frustrate ourselves.

AFAICS the major issues of lacking AI, physics, gameplay mechanics and Potemkin Village Open World will probably not be addressed.

Nor will the trainwreck that is the main story.

I will from now on call CDPR the most ineffective game company in the world, since all they managed to produce during a year was couple ingame shirts. And even those were bugged (I had stacks of 7 of them instead of singular pieces)

I was satisfied waiting a year before purchasing the game, and 1.31 ran very well on my antique gaming laptop from 2014.
I've started my second playthrough on mods which dramatically enhances the game balance & interface.

I believe in time mods will also fulfil all the missing gameplay expectations and allow for a more immersive experience, no need to wait for DLC or EP which will eventually come. Things like gang affinities, ability to put on disguise using faction clothing, netrunner abilities, usable metro system, all these are already available in mods but will probably never appear in official patch.

The reality is, if we keep waiting for official hype then we will inevitably frustrate ourselves.
Monorail looked rough. Are there actual good mods for CP77? Or just the usual "rebalancing" by random tweaking of numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom