Outta curiosity pc players, how excited are you for 1.5?

+

1.5 new playthrough

• Yes

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 47.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure why you argue tw3 vs hzd, which both are pretty much best games of the decade, and are miles better than cyberpunk, which is after years just an average game, minus graphics.

If you look into cp2077 without fanboying, you would understand that this game is pretender, it pretends to be open world but actually it is very closed door / area game, you simply cannot enter majority of areas especially after questing, it pretends to be rpg with choices matters but 99.9 choices doesn't matter and i am not saying linear story is bad, but it was advertized otherwise, it pretends to be driver game but have worse driving than average mobile game. And ai / npcs and plethora of bugs? Also this game have plenty of meaningless things like stories in shards who needs that, and overall it felt unfinished as most quests dont have an ending it just left in the middle of the road.

In the end cp2077 is not a good game, not a bad game - it is just average. everything here is subpar of what you would expect after watching the videos.

Difference TW3 and HZD might not have that good graphics, everything what we have there is done right.
I think what's really clear is the change of route in the project which shows in the game. The "shards" would have been the equivalent of the many books in W3 or Skyrim. It looks like it was going to be a RPG but the team was so behind they cancelled all up in a hurry to release, leaving a lot of incomplete systems. Then the statement that they were "happy with it" is just damage control imho.

Guest 3847602

If you look into cp2077 without fanboying, you would understand that this game is pretender, it pretends to be open world but actually it is very closed door / area game, you simply cannot enter majority of areas especially after questing
Unlike TW3, right? Hundreds and hundreds of doors you can enter in Novigrad, Oxenfurt and Beauclair?
it pretends to be rpg with choices matters but 99.9 choices doesn't matter
Unlike TW3, right? Where Ciri's fate is determined in 5 dialogue choices and outcome of the war in 1 quest.
it pretends to be driver game but have worse driving than average mobile game.
It doesn't pretend to be a driving game and comparing the driving in CP2077 to some mobile racer is just plain silly.

I love TW3 but I gotta agree: I felt that by simply choosing the right answers in a few dialogues BAM my daughter is saved :coolstory:

It didn't just feel that way. That's literally what it was.

It was as simple as whether Geralt supported Ciri in her choice or not and how many times. If I remember correctly it's exactly 5 times like @ooodrin mentionned and it was supporting her 3 times would get you the best Ciri ending. Don't know why, somehow, people place that on a pedestal.

Guest 3847602

It was as simple as whether Geralt supported Ciri in her choice or not and how many times. If I remember correctly it's exactly 5 times like @ooodrin mentionned and it was supporting her 3 times would get you the best Ciri ending. Don't know why, somehow, people place that on a pedestal.
Interestingly, people didn't place it on pedestal in 2015. Most of long time fans of the series saw TW3 as a step backwards in terms of choices and consequences compared to TW1 and especially TW2.
It doesn't mean that TW3 is not a great game, but choices mattering isn't exactly one of its strong suits.

I even refused to let her stand on her own two feet against Philippa AND refused to accompany her to give her friend a proper burial BUT supported her the other 3 times (snowball fight, wreck Avalach's belongings and the other thing I'm forgetting about) :giveup:

I mean, she should fucking hate Geralt after that :coolstory:

Last edited:

I was a little annoyed at how convoluted and what seem to me non-logical dialog choices that had to be made to get the "don't fear the reaper" ending in CP2077. And having to wait for 5 REAL minutes saying nothing at all while looking at silverhand to trigger it (even if it was a "hidden" ending ) was going too far obtuse for my taste.

Nah im not exited for it really. Interested in seeing what we get, if its just bugfixes ill probably just skip it and wait for expansions too see if it will be worth my time/money. Also a bit curious about what will be included in ways of "new" tech and so on. Hopefully they will release it in working order and without too much trouble. For me tho without new content it will probably not see a return too my HDs.

Interesting that it allways derive into something else but i get that theres strong feelings about this game and what it is/could be.

Anyways hopefully we will get some news soon but i doubt it will happend before end of Q1 if it doesnt get delayed again...

Interesting that it allways derive into something else but i get that theres strong feelings about this game and what it is/could be.

I feel like this is just unavoidable. The game, it's strengths, it's weaknesses have been analyzed, discussed and compared a stupid amount of times. There is only so many subjects you can talk about when you're limited to CDPR's game. They'll always end up about things people feel strongly about.

For me TW2 is the real Witcher experience (with the exception of Bald Mountain Quest)

To each his own, really. I prefer the experience TW3 myself. I consider it to be the superior experience. That's not to say there aren't things TW2 did better. Choice that matter is definitely one aspect where it blows TW3 out of the water.

Not a good comparison. The Witcher 3 isn't disqualified from being an open world just because you can't enter some useless homes nobody cares about. Majority of what happens in the main quest happens in areas of the world that are freely visitable, thus there's an integration between open world level design and main quest.

Unlike TW3, right? Where Ciri's fate is determined in 5 dialogue choices and outcome of the war in 1 quest.

Again, not a good comparison, because Cyberpunk only had 1 choice and mostly depends on how many quest you have completed, not on choices you make during the game (like in TW3, which has actually many more minor choices that matter even if they don't influence the ending). Cyberpunk doesn't have choices outside that final one. Nothing you do matters outside that 1 choice. And it's no what it was supposed and advertised to be.

That's not to say there aren't things TW2 did better. Choice that matter is definitely one aspect where it blows TW3 out of the water.
Hence my love for it and the reason why I consider it a true RPG despite having a preset PC: you actually HAVE to play twice to get the whole picture

Unlike TW3, right? Hundreds and hundreds of doors you can enter in Novigrad, Oxenfurt and Beauclair?

It doesn't pretend to be a driving game and comparing the driving in CP2077 to some mobile racer is just plain silly.
1. world never felt empty in tw3, here on the other hand its bland empty. You see a lot of neon light saying its open, but doors are closed. Also what is the point of making doors interactive
2. there were plenty of non linear quests which got resolved at least in tw3, here cliffhanger 99% of time. Cut or unfinished.
3. Again my point is, they spent too much times adding various mechanics which ended up poor or bad. If this game was smaller, had no inventory system, no police system at all, no driving at all. it would been better imo.

but anyways, new patch wont be a big game changer. maybe xpac will be interesting but will see.

Last edited:

Guest 4561861

I can't say I'm excited about it, not knowing anything yet about what it really contains. I'm interested to try it out, because I play this game a lot trying different builds and ways to finish gigs or NCPD jobs. There are a lot of frustrations, though, and I'd like to see which ones get fixed, and which new ones get introduced. I don't know how their patching system works, but each patch seems to fix things and break things. DLC story-wise would be great. DLC as in new jacket or car? That was lame.

Why would I be excited? CDPR have shown absolutely no reason to believe this game will ever be anything past a mid-tier bargain bin game. In fact, they've shown no reason to even continue to call them a "AAA" developer any longer.

The alleged art staged for release is a bit concerning. If it's true that this kind of thing happens a week or two before release; We're likely to not see anything that significantly updates the experience... unless they've had a forked build, that also integrates all the current and coming bug fixes, being worked on from the start that addresses the foundational problems. Dunno how that would work out.

Last edited:
Back to the comunication issue, we need to consider the context.
Right now we have a game who is clearly not complete, after more than an year.
The developer (CDPR) promise us, that they would fix the game and regain trust.
So the fact they doesn't give us any sort of detail, it's pretty disrespecting.

It's not about the comunication itself, it can be just "Hey, we are continuing work on the patch, will be releasing this in 3-4 monht... ecct
Not giving any information is actually evading any responsability.
Using this pattern, they could release the next patch in another year; as there is no "updated official statement" who tells differently.

If they were transparent and had nothing to hide, they probably continue to give us update.
This behaviour should not be accepted even by the one who likes and defend the game.

Personally I'm right now solving an dilemma if wait for patch 1.5 or start with another play no 6 or so and this time with male V ...

If they were transparent and had nothing to hide, they probably continue to give us update.

They are perfectly transparent with theirs statements. They said last time very clearly that devs team asked for more time, so update was postponed to Q1 of this year ... which, if they had enough time, means that it can be released in horizon of next 2 months which is not bad. I also impatiently wait for that patch, but in my case more for curiosity if there will be something new or working better (dunno), to have more fun. I have absolutely no doubts that I will enjoy my next play no matter if with patch 1.31 or new one. I'm also quite sure that people which are/were not satisifed with Cyberpunk 2077 will continue doing so after patch 1.5 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom