Outta curiosity pc players, how excited are you for 1.5?

+

1.5 new playthrough

• Yes

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 47.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are perfectly transparent with theirs statements. They said last time very clearly that devs team asked for more time, so update was postponed to Q1 of this year ... which, if they had enough time, means that it can be released in horizon of next 2 months which is not bad.
Source on this?
Beacuse as far is I know, the last official update was "the roadmap", that they already failed to follow.

You probably like the game, and that's ok; I'm happy for you.
But try to look it from "our" prospective:

They gave us a lot of hype and promises who were not fufilled (for some they did, but for me it's not the case).
Even if, the promise was fufilled, we have a game who works bad on pc, and almost doesn't work on "old" console.
After 1 year, the game is not working as intended.
And, on top of that, CDPR is no longer giving any update to us.

It's just a bad situation.
And gets worst when You see all the marketing posts (contest, streaming event, People of night city).
How can you ignore you customer, community as it nothing?

You don't feel you need and explanation for all the fans who are waiting for more of 1 year to play the product they payed for?

I'm also quite sure that people which are/were not satisifed with Cyberpunk 2077 will continue doing so after patch 1.5 ...
That's probably right.
But, as steted before, at least people will know that the game is at a complete state.

You don't feel you need and explanation for all the fans who are waiting for more of 1 year to play the product they payed for?

No?

Simple fact is they don't owe us any explanation. You bought a game and it's not what you wanted it to be. You wasted 60$.

When you go see a movie based on it's trailer only to find out it's a dud, do you then proceed to spend a year hating on it and demanding an explanation from the studio?

From your previous posts, here and in other threads, it's obvious the game is very far from what you thought it would be. Patch 1.5 isn't going to change that.

Most people who "have been waiting a year to play the game", haven't been waiting. They've moved on. The game simply won't ever be what you or that minority wants it to be and that much has been clear for months now.

Interestingly, people didn't place it on pedestal in 2015. Most of long time fans of the series saw TW3 as a step backwards in terms of choices and consequences compared to TW1 and especially TW2.
It doesn't mean that TW3 is not a great game, but choices mattering isn't exactly one of its strong suits.
Eeeeeeeh, definitely wouldn't agree with that.
I would say it has more or less the same amount of choices/consequences as the first one.
And I wouldn't say that TW2 has many "choices", as much as it has "The Choice". And before the patches it was "the choice" between a proper campaign and... well, several pretty linear missions in Roche's path.

No?
Simple fact is they don't owe us any explanation. You bought a game and it's not what you wanted it to be. You wasted 60$.
You missed half of my point:
"Even if, the promise was fufilled, we have a game who works bad on pc, and almost doesn't work on "old" console."

When you go see a movie based on it's trailer only to find out it's a dud, do you then proceed to spend a year hating on it and demanding an explanation from the studio?
Again, wrong situation.
The correct one is: "You go to see a movie based on the trailer, to find out that half of the movie is missing."

CUSTOMER: Hey, the movie you sold me, it's not complete!
DIRECTOR: We know, but we are going to fix it!
CUSTOMER: Oh good! Thanks! When will be ready?
DIRECTOR: Oh, when it's ready.
:giveup:

From your previous posts, here and in other threads, it's obvious the game is very far from what you thought it would be. Patch 1.5 isn't going to change that.
I agree. But I think it's my right to have the full game I payed for? right?

Most people who "have been waiting a year to play the game", haven't been waiting. They've moved on. The game simply won't ever be what you or that minority wants it to be and that much has been clear for months now.
Some people do, I personally don't.
I want to keep up for my rights, and keep Corporate accountable.
If they didn't finish the product I payed for, It's my right to protest.

"Even if, the promise was fufilled, we have a game who works bad on pc, and almost doesn't work on "old" console."

Again, wrong situation.
The correct one is: "You go to see a movie based on the trailer, to find out that half of the movie is missing."

I somewhat agree with some of your points, accountability is important, the devs definitely have communication issues and half a year of silence isn't a good look.
However, I also remember when they did communicate about what they are going to add/fix - and it was met with responses like "That's it? It's not nearly enough!", "Stop wasting time!" and "Why do they think it's worth a dedicated announcement?!". It's a bit of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" type of situation.

Guest 3847602

Eeeeeeeh, definitely wouldn't agree with that.
I would say it has more or less the same amount of choices/consequences as the first one.
And I wouldn't say that TW2 has many "choices", as much as it has "The Choice". And before the patches it was "the choice" between a proper campaign and... well, several pretty linear missions in Roche's path.
It's not only the amount of different choices, but their impact, too.
https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/The_Witcher_2_decision_checklist
You can get the new quests based on your decisions, different versions of the same quest, different cutscenes.
TW1 was good in this regard, but not this good. My point is, as far as choices and consequences are concerned, TW3 is well bellow the standards set by its predecessors.

I didn't miss your point. I ignored large parts of it because those large parts are not based on facts. They're based on personal opinions and emotions.

The game works badly on PC? The vast majority disagrees. There is no excuse for the state the game was in at release on old gen consoles but it's my understanding that things have gotten significantly better.

Again, wrong situation.

I'm jumbling those two together because the simple fact is you don't get to decide whether a product such as a movie or a video game is complete or not based on what you wanted out of it.

Is there a begining and an end? Can you succesful go from one to the other? Yes? Complete product. If you don't like it all you can do is suck it up.

The vast majority of people are getting from the begining to the end of CP2077 just fine. Just because you don't like what the game offers in the middle doesn't make it an incomplete game.

You need to understand a few things.

1. You don't have any rights to the product you wanted this game to be. You just don't. The only thing you are entitled to is the game as advertised on it's store pages or the game's box. Anything prior to that was subject to change and it was indicated to be subject to change very clearly.

2. You had a right to be reimbursed for the game if you didn't like it and you didn't. If you bought the game through GoG or on console, you even beniefited from an extended return policy. If you didn't make use of it, that's on you.

For example, I was not satisfied with the game at release. I wanted to get reimbursed but my opinion of CDPR and their post about improving things got me to stay my hand. Had I done that, I would've bought the game when it was fixed to a level I consider appropriate and at a discount.

I didn't do that and that's on me. It's fun to blame companies for everything but there is a certain level of personal responsability here.

My personal gripes with the game will either be fixed or they won't. If they aren't, I don't have any "right" to complain incessantly and even if I did, I wouldn't cause that shit isn't healthy behavior.

I think it's time you face the fact that if you think the game is incomplete now, you're never going to think it's complete. It's never going to be the game you wanted it to be.

It's not only the amount of different choices, but their impact, too.
https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/The_Witcher_2_decision_checklist
You can get the new quests based on your decisions, different versions of the same quest, different cutscenes.
TW1 was good in this regard, but not this good. My point is, as far as choices and consequences are concerned, TW3 is well bellow the standards set by its predecessors.
You can get quests based on your decisions in Witcher 3 as well, though. Some of them are so impactful, that they can cut you off of entire quest lines. And some quests are either time dependent or depend on the completion order.
It is true, that Wild Hunt doesn't have a one, singular decision, that splits game into two separate parts, but, to be completely fair, I can't think of an RPG that does it on a scale of W2, at least not open world.
And I would say, that Witcher 3 is more similar in it's approach to quests with Witcher 1, or other games of the same genre, in that regard.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

And I would say, that Witcher 3 is more similar with Witcher 1, or other games of the same genre, in that regard.
TW1 still had some branching in the main quest and choices that could alter the course of main quest. TW3 functions almost exactly the same as CP2077: mostly linear main quest with sidequests who offer the most variety of outcomes. The only occasion where the main quest in TW3 can get slightly different based on your choices (beside the epilogue) is whether to let Triss get tortured or intervene. You get one additional quest if you intervene.
Cyberpunk goes step further than TW3 and gives you four different paths in the final mission.

Completely off-topic, again. It seems clear many of you have no interest in the actual topic, which is neither the Witcher series nor how much you think this game sucks or rocks.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom