Overhauls & QoL Features VS DLC

+

Which one do you guys think that CDPR need to priotize first after the upcoming next big patch?

• Overhauls & Quality of Life features

Votes: 57 68.7%
  • DLC

Votes: 26 31.3%

• Total voters
As someone who deliberately haven't played the campain or story side-quests because he's waiting for the game to be fixed, I voted for "QoL and improvements". :D

In this place I'd like to pull the same move that others are trying to pull on me: "you shouldn't have played the unfinished game". :D
If you waited-- like me-- you wouldn't run out of things to to in the game. I will play the best possible version and have the best first impression without "not the main focus of the game".

Why one against the other? DLCs frequently feature QoL improvements.
Well, That's like the best possible scenario, with CDPR regularly updating their game. I am not a game dev so I am limited to predicts/factors that kind of best scenario in such confidence. I am not even sure such undertaking is even possible, especially during crisis situations between internal problems (hacks, lawsuits, etc) & pandemic time.

Why not both?
The teams working on content vs the ones working on the RED Engine improvements and fixes are likely separate teams. It's reasonable to assume that content for DLC's and Expansions has been in the works since the game was released.

I think it was already stated by CDPR themselves: work on the game engine, and environments, and game mechanics, AND the story was progressing in parallel, so every time they changed something in one area, it had to be accounted for in the other, which was causing infinite feedback loops.

Imagine that you are walking down the street and there is someone walking straight at you from the other side. You decide to move out of their way and move left. At the same time they notice you and decide to turn to the same side. You see that, so you turn the other way. But they did the same because they saw you turning as well! And in the end you end up either colliding or having an awkward moment of "which side of the road do you want to walk?".

That's why we need some clarity within the technical aspect of the game first.

Depends on definition.
I understand QoL as something that doesn't change anything in the way game plays at all, but just improves the user experience. Stuff like not teleporting as soon as your mouse touches fast travel point in map view while just panning. Some people have listed hair dressers as QoL which IMHO is a whole new feature and content, so a DLC.

Either way i'd say both. The user experience is fine as it is, but if anything gets improved while shipping DLCs it's a welcome addition.

I voted for overhaul & QoL features. Gonna need to have this locked down before adding more systems.

On a side note, I suspect this game is currently now going through a major overhaul.
If you think about it for sec, and draw a parallel to something like the way RS handled GAT5 we can make a couple predictions.

GTA5 first launched on 7th gen and later debuted again on 8th gen and PC with a myriad of improvements.
Now think about what CDPR could do with that. I don't think we're gonna see major improvements to the AI or any of the other systems
until they have a version they can delineate to the audience what is last and next gen. Hard to do this with PC, but marketing a next gen update makes this much more clear to the consumer. I would expect if all versions are essentially sharing the same code you can't overhaul much without effecting 8th gen hardware. So we could be seeing things added back to the game which may have been cut due to last gen restrictions.
We've already seen the game become nerfed even on high end pc's.

Am I the only one feeling this..? When you complete a mission I wish something random would happen to surprise me. Like a Voodoo Boy netrunner looking for revenge or anything that doesn't involve me having to trigger it. This location seemed to be something but I think the developers saving
it for later maybe. Use your car to place it next to the garage door and glitch to get inside.

20210624145022_1.jpg
20210624144951_1.jpg

Last edited:
If you haven't played all of the lifepaths, like me; you will probably agree that the game needs an overhaul. There is still a lot to be appreciated in this game. An overhaul in my opinion would be similar to getting DLC. A lot of gamers are overlooking the fact that not all of Night City was accessible. And that starts with the V's apartment complex. We were not able to explore every floor, which left the question as to who else V knows in the mega building. If you use your imagination, you can picture a very crowded apartment complex that is similar to those we see in cities like Chicago, New York and Los Angeles. Whether you have lived there for 6 months or 5 years; there is always someone new to meet and people you probably never knew lived there. In Cyberpunk's case; V's apartment building could easily be overhauled into vast social atmosphere that is constantly changing.

Simple features were also a desired request. An expansion of character customization. But let's begin with the simple request of being able to see our V's customization selections while in the game. I really wanted to recreate my NOMAD V and use her for CORPO life path. But unless you knew to write down your V's custom numbers; he/she would be lost forever. In a neo-metropolis, you'd expect there to be many different places where V can change her appearance; via hair, body and tattoos. This needs to be included in the overhaul. Once the AI is improved; there would actually be a reason for V to have to alter her physical or social appearance. Gamers were told that "LOOKS ARE EVERYTHING IN NIGHT CITY". This would have been true if V's appearance and clothing gained him/her access to more narrative paths in the game.

Overall, how could this be remarketed? Narrative is everything. If CDPR is sure they can overhaul the game, then they must be certain that it works. If I were them, I would first perform a closed beta testing. Non-disclosure agreements have to be signed in order to avoid any biased or bad press from leaking. Once all has been checked, then they can go about releasing a DEMO to the public. However, the demo would only be a small district with a few missions. The gamer could still visit shops and interact with NPCs; but the sole purpose for the DEMO is to show gamers that graphical and performance issues have been fixed.

Its funny because a lot of the craziest ideas that people have for Cyberpunk 2077 isn't THAT different from CDPR's THE WITCHER: ENHANCED EDITION.

Its funny because a lot of the craziest ideas that people have for Cyberpunk 2077 isn't THAT different from CDPR's THE WITCHER: ENHANCED EDITION.

I'm sure it is. Those are simple things that would have made the game great. This is why I scratch my head on the many issues that Cyberpunk 2077 had. What did they try and do different? Sometimes I think, what the games success would have been like if they had just made it a PC game. Would it have been the actual game that we were shown? PC did have a few issues here and there, but for the most part the graphic issues were very minor. Could that have been the answer all along? It was understood that the development team could not run the game at peak performance with the last generation consoles. So; what if the game had only been released on Xbox Series X/S, PS5 and PC? Debuted sales may have been a little lower, because most of the United States did not have the new consoles yet. Would there have been many complaints? Yes and no. Would the company have had a lot of time to focus on a quicker overhaul and DLC? Yes.

What would happen if CDPR just re-released Cyberpunk 2077 as a PC game/Microsoft exclusive? Microsoft is power house. They have the resources to make things great. What if CDPR and Microsoft sat down together and made Cyberpunk a work of art?

Really, the big issue seems to have been it needed another year of development for both past and present consoles. If stability has been achieved, I certainly would have enjoyed it fine on Last Generation consoles. The thing is that I *DID* play it on a last generation console and I crashed continously and had numerous problems but I still want to play the game.

I want more.

A lot more in fact.

The next-gen version is no longer named NextGen Update in the new plan, but as a New Gen Edition!!! I expect there to be a lot of cut content back!!!

The next-gen version is no longer named NextGen Update in the new plan, but as a New Gen Edition!!! I expect there to be a lot of cut content back!!!
If so, fine, so long as it gets added back in updates and patches for the current version also. If not, we'd be getting screwed twice, and not in a good way.

Is there actually that much cut content? The enormous problem with the game is that it was released in a woefully incomplete state.

Ergo, it's not really cut content as "stuff never made for the game."

Unlike, say, Mankind Divided that had actual levels chopped out to make DLC.

I would prefer to see more QoL stuff, just to get the game into the more playable state. Funny enough, though, i would absolutely LOVE to see them overhaul the character creation and appearance setup. Currently, when it works, the creation isn't the greatest of tools and needs WAAAAAY more options, and better lighting on the character model. Post cc, there isn't any way to change that once you're in-game, which would be nice to add, given some of the great armors and such.

As much as I would want to see DLC or the fabled multiplayer, i just really want it to work first.

IF that next gen edition is true, i would love to get the cut content. Especially the Drone from the prologue.

I just want to play this amazing game with everything acting normal, currently I have a problem area outside Clean Cut Clinic Ripperdoc where wall texture and grounds aren't loading and in a corner you can see through the map so QOL please.

Top Bottom