Overhauls & QoL Features VS DLC

+

Which one do you guys think that CDPR need to priotize first after the upcoming next big patch?

• Overhauls & Quality of Life features

Votes: 57 68.7%
  • DLC

Votes: 26 31.3%

• Total voters
OF COURSE, both scenarios are under the impression that CDPR still keep doing bug-fixing & improving the game performances until its proper high AAA standard.
Also here are the details for such choices:

OVERHAULS & QOL IMPROVEMENT FEATURES

Fortunately Some of this already exist substantially in PC popular mods. CDPR can just easily complied, polish, & implement it. Things like:
+ Advanced QoL gameplay settings. from better control schemes, better driving mechanics, to better maps & etc.
+ Better/more advanced AI & wanted system. It's what it is.
+ Advanced & overhaul character customization system. A more comprehensive looks on cyberwares & overall character customization options.
+ Vehicle customization system. Some mods managed to provides changes of colors, body frames, etc. Maybe it should be even more advanced.
+ Skills Overhauls. Modders also able to fix & balance the skills in the game. It's not perfect but it's a big improvement overall, including totally new stuffs like a invisible camo skill
+ THIRD PERSON mode (proper one). It's a third person camera mode. Simple, right CDPR??
+ Companion & Solos for hire system. your friends & partners as companions in mission/battles, while also hiring solos in Afterlife or other places to do mission together.
+ Weapons & equipment customization/overhauls. complete overhaul design of items & equipment system. The details would be down below
+ Full uncensored & advanced adult life activities (joytoys, dollhouse, romances, etc). Basically more detail & better system of joytoys & companionship. Things like more Joytoy shops & options, dating time with partners to V apartment or other places, etc.

DLCs
New contents for the game, whether it's a simple new skins/outfits, game mode, short story/mission, etc.
+ New Mini games. Examples & details down below.
+ New game Plus & other game modes.
+ Cyberpsychosis system
+ Boss Rush & Mercenary Trials (bloody palace) features. Examples & details down below.
+ New items, equipment, land vehicles, etc.
+ New type drivable air & amphibious vehicles.
+ New short story & missions.

Here are the details for some of the overhaul design & new game mode design that I posted as threads:
Mini Games Ideas
Crafting & Equipment Overhaul Design
Consumables & Vendors Overhaul Design
New Unlockable Things & New features
QoL features & overall gameplay improvement
Cyberpsychosis Design
Companion System

I prefer quality of life expansions at first. If the game is going to be multiplayer they are essential. Not to mention that it is below the average of the games of its genre in its single player mode.

I hope that once CDPR has partially fixed the PS4 "China syndrome" by running CP2077, it starts doing something about it.

Im for DLC. Not sure how there gonna go about it tho since the ticking timebomb story. First time i played trough the story i rushed to the end since i wanted too save V. Kinda weird too have heists and side missions when your char is dying. Doing sidemissions seems like the last thing V would do. I guess the DLC can be after the story ends but that would have too be a huge game considering the endnings...

First time i played trough the story i rushed to the end since i wanted too save V. Kinda weird too have heists and side missions when your char is dying. Doing sidemissions seems like the last thing V would do.
That's actually a common issue with open world games that have a story with a sense of "haste" in them. The same problem was with Mass Effect trilogy (to some extent - imminent Rippers threat), Skyrim (dragons invasion), Oblivion (oblivion gates), Witcher 3 (chasing Ciri) and Fallout 4 (chasing your "kidnapped" child) :) Probably the only solution would be to rebuild the stories so that we would have a much slower "pacing", but there's a risk that these stories would lose a lot of their "drama" feel. That's how I see it at least :)

Last edited:
They could alteast have made it clear that no matter what you do the story plays out the same way. Or given V more time when Victor talks about it. Kinda ruind the game for me sinc ethe second time around i already knew and took forever too do stuff compared too the first time.

Think its about story contents vs barbershop/free content pretty much. Adding new storys vs QoL. Id rather have both too i guess but if i have too chose id say id go with some more storys then a barber for example.

That's actually a common issue with open world games that have a story with a sense of "haste" in them. The same problem was with Mass Effect trilogy (to some extent - imminent Rippers threat), Skyrim (dragons invasion), Oblivion (oblivion gates), Witcher 3 (chasing Ciri) and Fallout 4 (chasing your "kidnapped" child) :) Probably the only solution would be to rebuild the stories so that we would have a much slower "pacing", but there's a risk that these stories would lose a lot of their "drama" feel. That's how I see it at least :)
The one thing cyberpunk has going for it to keep said dramatic tension is the fact you're dying.
I hope not to offend anyone, but they could really treat it as the cancer-disease, in that some dialogue is being altered to where the decline can hit between anything of several weeks to potentially years. Reasoning could be: its experimental tech so who knows how quickly it could/would remap V's brain. Specifically if you insert that it's not a liniar decline but in bursts and phases.

I think at least it would be easier to explain(away).

As far as QoL versus the DLC thing. I hope each DLC does some QoL-ing along with them.
I rather see some smaller dlc that add something new, and do some QoLs, rather than just some QoL patches.

Last edited:
I voted for QOL, even though I know it will never happen, for sure there will be paid dlc, even though the game is unfinished

The one thing cyberpunk has going for it keep said dramatic tension is the fact you're dying.
I jope not to offend anyone, but they could really treat it as the cancer-disease, in that some dialogue is being alterest to where the decline can hit between anything of several weeks to potentially years. Reasoning could be: its experimental tech so who knows how quickly it coild/would remap V's brain. Specifically if you insert that it's not a liniar decline but in bursts amd phases.

I think at least it would be easier to explain(away).
Yes, that could probably work to some extent.

DLC vs Qol - probably like Notserious80, I would love both (so many good things listed in Qol), but since I exhausted almost all the missions content in the game, would be great to have some new stories, even at the cost of the city being not being overhauled. Tough choice, I guess. Hope these things will go hand in hand - best scenario.

"OVERHAULS & QOL FEATURES VS DLC"

Really flatlining for some new content, so voted for new DLC. Fixing and patching the game is fine and all, but they should also implement new content so now and again, even if it was only to sate our appetit.

Right, no reason to have better gameplay if there is no more game to play.
For use, who have "sand down" the game, yes. New content is required :)
But until now and maybe a little longer, I think CDPR had really focused for those who were stuck in game (Problems, quests bug, performances) or for the new players.

Which is EXCATLY what they should NOT be doing. I already purchased their game. I PRE purchased the game years ago. I could have sworn I pre paid for DLC as well. But as it was years ago I am not sure.
Yep, I understand, me too I want new content or whatever new in fact :(
But I can understand why they focused on fix bugs, problems and performances for now. I will wait patiently. Honestly, I think DLC and new contents are already on the road, maybe we will see DLC/New contents every 2 weeks in the futur :)

I like the idea of balance of the both..? But my hand went and voted for DLCs. Because whatever will be improved - we have already experienced. And novelty is more exciting? So it depends really on how you play. Love to see that the vote is almost a tie at the moment.

Waiting for any content from CDPR at this point.... :facepalm:

Top Bottom