Overheating [Gameplay Mechanic]

+
I seem to be randomly overheating eventhough there's not any enemies around. Is there something happening that I'm missing or is this some sort of bug?

Overheat is a combat effect in Cyberpunk 2077. It’s a type of damage you take when an enemy netrunner hacks your cybernetics and messes with your implants. It’s a big problem, especially in fights with groups of enemies. There are ways to stop it, but they’re not obvious

The most straightforward way to stop overheating is to kill the netrunner who’s causing it. This is easier said than done, as you often won’t be able to tell which enemy is responsible for the effect. There’s a perk called I Spy – it’s in the Intelligence perks, under Quickhacking. It’ll mark the netrunner that’s hacking you, allowing you to kill them more easily.

When someone is trying to hack me i see yellow direction pointer, like red one for shooting. Follow it and you'll reach netrunner. If netrunner doesn't retreat and stop the hack you shoot him in the face. Problem solved.

Top Bottom