Overheating Issues

+
LOL MERGED IN OVERHEATING ISSUE
DOES MY SCREEN LOOK LIKE AN OVERHEATING ISSUE ??????
ITS THE OPPOSITE !!!! CPU AND GPU ARENT EVEN USED !
THE GAME IS BROKEN
OVERHEATING ISNT CAUSED BY THE GAME IF YOU OVERHEAT GO FIX YOUR RAD AND THERMAL PASTE !
MERGING THIS TOPIC HERE IS A JOKE
OMG
FIX THE %GPU FFS

aaaSans titre.jpg

18 FPS RTX 2060 CPU/GPU 30% USED

If you have a CPU that is overheating when fully loaded than the issue is your cooling not the software. The reason the CPU load stays high as the temps go up is because the system will throttle down the CPU core clocks as thermal limits are hit in an attempt to control temperatures... This should automatically be lowering core temps and getting things under control, if this is not happening than the user has disabled the safety parameters in their bios settings and has an unstable overclock. There is no software on earth that can make a CPU run hotter, computers just don't work that way. 100% is 100% and will generate the same thermal load on the system regardless of what is taking it to that point. Also, to my knowledge there is no game that will leverage all cores on a 8 core/16 thread CPU simultaneously. I am writing this as I watch watch my CPU core load be very effectively managed looking like 5 cores are idle, 9 are handling game tasks and 2 are working on background processes. I have my cooling set to a low RPM mode because I am ok with temps around 70-73 on this cpu while under load.

The whole reason for the wall of text is to say either your cooling solution is not installed properly or you are lying.... there is no third option
Post automatically merged:

THE GAME IS BROKEN
OVERHEATING ISNT CAUSED BY THE GAME IF YOU OVERHEAT GO FIX YOUR RAD AND THERMAL PASTE !
OMG
FIX THE %GPU FFS

View attachment 11076293

All caps doesn't really do much but I do want to know what CPU you are using. Also your 2060 is about 500MHz low on the clock speed, is it staying at that clock all the time or is it randomly dropping while in game? If it is all the time have you checked to make sure drivers are up to date and power profiles are set correctly through something like MSI afterburner or EVGA percision X1?

If you have a CPU that is overheating when fully loaded than the issue is your cooling not the software. The reason the CPU load stays high as the temps go up is because the system will throttle down the CPU core clocks as thermal limits are hit in an attempt to control temperatures... This should automatically be lowering core temps and getting things under control, if this is not happening than the user has disabled the safety parameters in their bios settings and has an unstable overclock. There is no software on earth that can make a CPU run hotter, computers just don't work that way. 100% is 100% and will generate the same thermal load on the system regardless of what is taking it to that point. Also, to my knowledge there is no game that will leverage all cores on a 8 core/16 thread CPU simultaneously. I am writing this as I watch watch my CPU core load be very effectively managed looking like 5 cores are idle, 9 are handling game tasks and 2 are working on background processes. I have my cooling set to a low RPM mode because I am ok with temps around 70-73 on this cpu while under load.

The whole reason for the wall of text is to say either your cooling solution is not installed properly or you are lying.... there is no third option

All caps doesn't really do much but I do want to know what CPU you are using. Also your 2060 is about 500MHz low on the clock speed, is it staying at that clock all the time or is it randomly dropping while in game? If it is all the time have you checked to make sure drivers are up to date and power profiles are set correctly through something like MSI afterburner or EVGA percision X1?

[...]
I want to talk to someone qualified from cdpr or someone who knows a fix.

[...]
I want to talk to someone qualified from cdpr or someone who knows a fix.

....I'm just trying to help. None of you are providing enough info to determine the cause of high CPU load and even under 100% load your system would not overheat or shut down unless there is an issue with your hardware. So, you are either lying or your cooling solution is not working.

....I'm just trying to help. None of you are providing enough info to determine the cause of high CPU load and even under 100% load your system would not overheat or shut down unless there is an issue with your hardware. So, you are either lying or your cooling solution is not working.
you don't trying to help you are accusing people in lie knowing nothing. No system designed to work on 100% load druring long time evern servers can't work like that. Overheating is not a core point here as my pc works perfect with all other games on ultra settings within 40c. The question why it takes 90% load of i9-9900k to play on a mid level settings 1080p and 60HZ with 2070 RTX super? Is it better?

I just downloaded the game and had no problem with the game shutting down due to overheating. I have played for about 4 hours and everything has gone super well. I have a GTX 1660 SUPER.

I just downloaded the game and had no problem with the game shutting down due to overheating. I have played for about 4 hours and everything has gone super well. I have a GTX 1660 SUPER.

very useful information! stay tuned!

you don't trying to help you are accusing people in lie knowing nothing. No system designed to work on 100% load druring long time evern servers can't work like that. Overheating is not a core point here as my pc works perfect with all other games on ultra settings within 40c. The question why it takes 90% load of i9-9900k to play on a mid level settings 1080p and 60HZ with 2070 RTX super? Is it better?

double this!

I do believe my liquid cooling system is failing even though it is less than two years old. Now I'm seeing Gwent and MTG:Arena getting my CPU upwards of 100°. It still seems that CP2077 is putting a lot of strain on people's CPUs, at least the i9 chips, but at least in regard to my heating, hopefully a new cooling system will do the trick.

What are your normal temps in demanding games?

For me, usually between 60 and 70. I use the new Yakuza game as a reference solely because it came out not too long ago but I get about the same temps when I run Witcher 3 on ultra at 4k resolution. This game is the only one that spikes my cpu temp like this.

Here is a quick example. Here's my PC, running Prime95 CPU Benchmark for 20 minutes. My CPU Temp has not moved out of the 40-50c range the entire time, staying closer to 44c throughout:

Untitled.png

Take a look at the toolbar, near the clock. The light-blue 44 is the current CPU overall temp, and these benchmarks are still running as I captured the screen and while I type this message.

If you CPU is overheating when loaded, you have a cooling / airflow issue.

Last edited:
By the way seems i found something.
Intel 9 series have function turbo boost which can increased frequency rate when required.
In my case 9990k from 3.6 hhz up to 4.5. But seems when this function is enabled cpu goes to cyberpsychosis and runs cp in full overckloking mode.
I disabled this function in BIOS settings manually. And my cpu usage went to 40% and overheating issue gone.

What are your normal temps in demanding games?

Normal Temps are completly based on your cooling. CPU under load gets hot, and only the cooler mounted can control that temp. So there is no actual 'Normal', only what people report that their cooler is able to handle. Your fan or the cooling grid is caked with dust and fuzz, your cooling will be terrible. Clean that out, your cooling improved, without changing hardware. Your cooling clean, but temps are still high / too high - Your cooling solution is not able to handle your CPU under load.

Last edited:
If you CPU is overheating when loaded, you have a cooling / airflow issue.

This is my thinking too. I don't think the game's doing anything special that causes overheating, it's just that it can be quite hard on the system and it's exposing problems in some cooling setups. Things like poorly applied or dried out thermal paste can be a killer even if you've got the biggest cooler in the world.

and so...
CDPR gives us 1.04 patch, I return recommended settings (ultra, yep)
- 40-60% CPU, 70 C temperature.
- 50-60 C temp GPU

Still mine cooling system?

THE GAME IS BROKEN
OMG
FIX THE %GPU FFS

View attachment 11076293

you're such a dumb person. The game has overheating problem, i think due to memory leak

Appears to be running evenly across all 8 cores. Best guess is either the game is somehow over working my CPU, or my liquid cooling device isn't doing its job properly. It sounds like it's running, but I guess I can't say for certain.

Liquid cooling is notoriously improperly installed by a majority of people. You should double check to see if it's even installed correctly. Which leads to it also having a notoriously high failure rate due to user error.

you're such a dumb person. The game has overheating problem, i think due to memory leak

He's saying his issue was merged into this thread by a moderator but his issue has nothing to do with a heating issue. So...I wouldn't be calling anyone dumb if you can't understand English that well.

I turned off my RTX and my card dropped back down to 60-70C instead of 70-75. It also dropped my card usage from 100% solid to only 70%. I have Everything else on full. My room was a heatbox before I turned off RTX.

Attachments

• 16078243744566791549387226684077.jpg
    16078243744566791549387226684077.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 106
Liquid cooling is notoriously improperly installed by a majority of people. You should double check to see if it's even installed correctly. Which leads to it also having a notoriously high failure rate due to user error.

He's saying his issue was merged into this thread by a moderator but his issue has nothing to do with a heating issue. So...I wouldn't be calling anyone dumb if you can't understand English that well.
I understand english very well ;) But he comes in full caps screaming, i thought this guy is just spamming you know.

I turned off my RTX and my card dropped back down to 60-70C instead of 70-75. It also dropped my card usage from 100% solid to only 70%. I have Everything else on full. My room was a heatbox before I turned off RTX.
And why did you post that picture? Just to show off your great pc? XD

And why did you post that picture? Just to show off your great pc? XD
To show what kind of cooling I have. I have to have the window wide open with a fan (14°C outside) and with RTX on, the room will still heat up to 30°C. RTX off, and I can close the window and just leave the door cracked (the door faces into the living room) and the room stays at about 23°C-25°C

Looks like a new cooling system has done the trick for me. The new patch definitely reduced CPU usage down from 90-100% to 60-80, which helps, but I was still going over 110°. Not anymore! Two hours of play and I didn't even break 50°! Very happy!

Top Bottom