Overheating Issues

+
I myself don't have this issue.
But i'll let you know what i have and what temps and utilization i got. See pictures below.
These screens are taken running the game on high settings. In FullHD resolution.
I7-9700K
MSI GTX 1070
16GB DDR4
ADATA M.2 SSD

Attachments

• CP GPU temps.png
    CP GPU temps.png
    11 KB · Views: 130
  • CP Temps 2.png
    CP Temps 2.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 130
  • CP Temps.png
    CP Temps.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 138
Stopped overclocking my cpu and especially video card fixed the heat issues for me and most of the crashing.

Not sure what you guys have but I have an HP OMEN 15 Laptop with an i7-9750H, 16GB Ram / GTX1660TI. I read that hp has a thing installed into the bios that automatically overclocks your cpu for you when it thinks it needs the extra go power. It's called turbo. I think something in cyberpunk triggers it. I used this program called "ThrottleStop" and it allows you to disable the turbo function and brings your cpu down to it's normal frequency. My cpu was running at 3.95ghz which is 150% maximum frequency for my cpu. I disabled turbo and it instantly dropped it to my default 2.58ghz. I don't know if this will help you but yeah try it out. ✌️

Attachments

• IMG_20201216_022054_01.jpg
    IMG_20201216_022054_01.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 91
I myself don't have this issue.
But i'll let you know what i have and what temps and utilization i got. See pictures below.
These screens are taken running the game on high settings. In FullHD resolution.
I7-9700K
MSI GTX 1070
16GB DDR4
ADATA M.2 SSD
Dont trust the gpu scale in windows at all.. Have hade it show 10% when i loaded my gpu with a render program. Use afterburner or something so you can watch it ingame. This game is really really cpu intense tho. Saw it load up all my 24 threads (not att 100%) but its the first game to do that...

Hi I have a brand new MSI GL65 with i7-10750H, DDR4 16 GB, RTX 2070 Super .
The CPU reaches 85-90 Cº instantly (10-15 mins playing) even in low graphics settings with the CPU and GPU fans running at 6000 rpm.

The laptop can handle ultra with rtx on and dsll on at 50-60 fps and I get the same temperatures. I tried differente games on ultra an is never passing 70 Cº. The laptop is brand new so no dust problems on fans.

------- *** a picture showing the temps, etc.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

The i-series of CPUs support a turboboost feature. This means that if your CPU reaches high load, the BIOS will automatically overclock the CPU to get better performance. In the BIOS of some systems you can disable TurboBoost. Or you can look for a utility out there to disable turboboost in Windows. Basically, it comes down to CP2077 loads the CPU heavily, and a device that cannot handle a CPU being loaded continuously will eventually overheat.

Not sure what you guys have but I have an HP OMEN 15 Laptop with an i7-9750H, 16GB Ram / GTX1660TI. I read that hp has a thing installed into the bios that automatically overclocks your cpu for you when it thinks it needs the extra go power. It's called turbo. I think something in cyberpunk triggers it. I used this program called "ThrottleStop" and it allows you to disable the turbo function and brings your cpu down to it's normal frequency. My cpu was running at 3.95ghz which is 150% maximum frequency for my cpu. I disabled turbo and it instantly dropped it to my default 2.58ghz. I don't know if this will help you but yeah try it out.

Thanks!!!! I was having the same issue. The only difference is I'm running the game on a laptop with ultra settings. ASUS Rog g752 vl (i7 6700hq, 32gb DDR4, RTX 2060 eGPU) I downloaded the "Throttle stop" and clicked "Disable Turbo" and now the CPU runs on its base clock and the temperatures oscillate between 70 to 80 degrees. By the way it is the first time I have an issue like this all the other games run between 70 to 80.

Attachments

• IMG_4953.JPG
    IMG_4953.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_4954.JPG
    IMG_4954.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 75
Same story here. Steam version of the game (1.04). Latest GPU driver. i7-9700k cpu and asus 3080. 2560x1440, highest detail. Doesnt matter raytracing enabled or not - cpu&gpu usage at 100%. Lowering detail not help much. As a result GPU fan's at 100%. GPU temp at 82-83C, CPU at some point jump up to 85-87C. Case is clean (asus helios gx601, 3 fans in+1 fan out). The system is stable but for me its a concern.

Used Throttlestop to limit turboboost multiplier for CPU and ASUS GPU Tweak II to "undervolt" GPU.

[sarcasm]CDP guys, please, remove miner from the game in next patch. Thanks in advance! Sincerly yours, freelance/free betatester.[/sarcasm]

Last edited:
Just as a follow up, even after turning off turbo boost I was still getting fried on temps of 95-100 celsius. Finally just took apart my laptop and found out how bad my thermal paste situation was. Whether you want to admit it or not most of the people here saying it's a cooling issue aren't trying to be rude. It's just one of those tough truths lol! After the new thermal paste I'm sitting at a solid 75-80 celcius MAX after 45 minutes of tearing it up in night city. I didn't wanna believe it either, but here we are hahahaha!

i been having a similar problem here too, i mean i never reach over 100 but with my Rizen 5 3600x when i play my heat go near 88-90 highest was 93.
Is not normal, no other game like Doom that i run it full do that. Is weird how this game behave. I dont know something feel off.
And i know isnt the thermal paste or the cooler bc is a new build this computer. So it should run hot but not going over 90
The weird part is how the GPU run normal vs the CPU.
The last patch 1.04 make the game run cooler that when it was realese so ppl complaing here that a bad optimazise game cant make your computer run like shit, they are speaking bullshit, yeah a bad cooling system can be a issue to but when u have other demanding game runing perfect and this game overheating, is the game issue, is already know by CDproyect that AMD CPU have issues. So yeah guys stop saying is just cooling problems.

Last edited:
My thermal paste is new, coolers are clean as new. Still getting 80-90 Cº with 97 peaks with both fans at max 6000 rpm, cooler pad at max, turbo boost off, all the settings on low...

I Never pass 70-80 on other demanding games at max settings.
MSI GL65 with i7-10750H, DDR4 16 GB, RTX 2070 S.

Waiting for some fix to this.

Looks like the game is running on the integrated graphics of the CPU instead the dedicated GPU. Is there some way to check it out?

Blame Cyberpunk 2077, but the fact of the matter is, many of you have a CPU / Cooler setup that is not able to handle your CPU being loaded for extended periods of time. So Cyberpunk loads your CPU. Many other things can load your CPU. Basic CPU benchmark programs will load your CPU. If your cooling situation is not up to the job, your temps will get too high, regardless of what program gets it there.

Blame Cyberpunk 2077, but the fact of the matter is, many of you have a CPU / Cooler setup that is not able to handle your CPU being loaded for extended periods of time. So Cyberpunk loads your CPU. Many other things can load your CPU. Basic CPU benchmark programs will load your CPU. If your cooling situation is not up to the job, your temps will get too high, regardless of what program gets it there.

ok see you speaking bullshit right there, bc literally i use my computer to render 3D model for work, and literally rendering stuff doesnt make my computer go over 90 like the game is doing, so right now u are just speaking bullshit trying to defend a game and is plague with bad optimization.

Wrote this already in another thread.
My CPU (i7 10750H MSI Laptop) had the same problem until I simply disabled the "CPU Turbo Boost" in my BIOS.

Played "enabled" = 85-95°C (incl. max fanboost! :eek:)
Played "disabled" = 60-65°C (with dynamic fancontrol)

Last edited:
I turned off my RTX and my card dropped back down to 60-70C instead of 70-75. It also dropped my card usage from 100% solid to only 70%. I have Everything else on full. My room was a heatbox before I turned off RTX.

Oooff... Airflow seems to be all over the place with this Fan Setup :) What is intake and what is exhaust? Are there 2x 140mm front intake? Cant really see it...

I have a fairly small midtower case (Azzatek Inferno), 2x 120mm Fans in the front intake, 1x 120mm Fan on the back and 2 on the Top as exhaust, only air cooling on CPU (Alpenföhn Ben Nevis),running a i7-9700k and an Asus TUF 3080 OC without any issues at 60 to 70 FPS, RTX reflections on and RT Lightning on @medium, 4k DLSS Performance Mode.
Only had 1 crash so far, 25 hours played.

I've seen a lot of previous post with cyberpunk having problems with AMD CPUs. I would start there.

Top Bottom