Oversexualizaton in Cyberpunk

+
Sex for the point of sex... thats the thing, sex is cheap and stripped of reverence. Meat rubbing agains meat for little of earthly pleasure... nothing more.

Sex is a physical act. The good feeling you get after is brain chemistry. There's nothing supernatural about it. The "reverence" you're talking about has nothing to do with sex. "Meat rubbing against meat" is exactly the point, and "earthly" pleasure is the only pleasure there is.

Religion has no place in Cyberpunk. Thank you, good night.

I think you guys are missing the point, yes the trailer is quite nice and I did not see anyone here speaking against it, quite the opposite. But do not forgot that the trailer is a marking tool for people living in our world, unless you want to fool yourself, that trailer is marketed yes for a more male audience but that does not mean it will not attract some female audience too or any other people.

The problem here is not taking way the sex, sexuality, of darkness of the world but to apply it to EVERYONE and I really do not want to see all the female character in that submissive position with that type of clothing but sure there are going to be some. Just like I do not want to see all the guys in position of power and with conservative clothes.

I really do no want to see all the female character in that submissive position with that type of clothing

In the age of full body replacements, consciousnesses being transferred to the net, Mr Studds and whatever the name of the female version part was, how exactly can you be sure the person in that video, the person who by the way just slaughtered fourteen people, is female?

You're too stuck within gender boundaries.

Or she was just, you know, sleeping or cuddling with a lover in her apartment when the cyberpsychosis hit her, so she just forgot to give a fuck about what she was wearing because her brain wasn't working too properly or at all, while she's looking for someone to kill in the middle of a night.

Many points of views.

I actually thought she was trying to imitate that celebrity that was shown, it's a similar outfit. It's pretty revealing of what kind of world it is, with celebrity worship and people changing everything about themselves to be more like their heroes (some even live their memories because of how crap their lives are).

As for the color white, I think it may symbolize lost innocence, with the blood splatter.

Yes but it can be so much things. And more if we know you can became and be anything in this game, that are the things come to mind, besides the pose she is making is a recap if i can say that to the old game, and the story of the poster lady.

In the age of full body replacements, consciousnesses being transferred to the net, Mr Studds and whatever the name of the female version part was, how exactly can you be sure the person in that video, the person who by the way just slaughtered fourteen people, is female?

You're too stuck within gender boundaries.

Fair enough I cannot state that, for all I know she could not be a cis woman or whatever you are implying(since I have little knowledge of the lore) but you do not know that either. What I have knowledge is of marketing and that trailer is mostly target at cyberpunk 2020 fandom and males, her/his/it body has a female form, you just cannot change that.

Sex is a weapon.
It's 2077 humans have changed. Prosthetics, augmentations and enhancments are not only weapon or necessity, they are in some way sexual tool.
Beautiful skin, piercing eyes, long legs etc. are not only given by mother nature and your parents genes. They can be bought in that world.
That makes them legitimate weapons, in many ways more lethal then any firearms.
Your body is a weapon, your look is your best friend and you can use them.
I think it would be great to be able to use your sexuality in some points of the game.

Aver

Forum veteran
I don't mind if there will be ladies in sexy clothes on the streets, exposing their bodies and I'm pretty sure that there will be guys doing the same - guys exposing their magnificent ABS and stuff like that.

But I doubt that there will be balance between guys and girls. After all, nowadays there are WAY more girls than guys that wear sensual clothes. It's because as guy, usually you won't get any attention from female if you wear clothes that show some skin and as a girl usually you will get a lot of attention if you wear sexy clothes.

...then why I didnt get the 'sex sells' sells vibe?
What I saw was a lost soul, the feeling amplified by the slow-mo with blank stare of those beutiful eyes. In that moment flesh became irrevelant, the situation made me think about the surroundings, what could have been that led to this moment suspended in time? Is it a prostitute or a dancer that snapped? Just because she was overwhelmed by all the sweating pores located in the skin of those meatbags watching her every move? Or was it a memory of a spider that bit her when she was a child?
Blood floows, you just touch 'em and they.. they just die, you know?

And then almost katatonic state of mind, it shuts down due overload of noise in the feedback stream. Then max tac pulls the plug, permament mostly.

I accept it as part of setting, I dont give a damn if teh marketing uses it as a ploy to advertise the game to the majority of males considering there is still a story and reason behind it like with the teaser. If they maneged to focus my interest like described in the beginning of the post they have my permission to show all the nudity and innapropriate poses they well please.

Marketing... yeah, tough cookie. You want to show Cyberpunk and the (sex) objectification but you cant... kind of :)

It's because as guy, usually you won't get any attention from female if you wear clothes that show some skin and as a girl usually you will get a lot of attention if you wear sexy clothes.

Yea that's kinda nonsense. They do get attention from females, don't worry.

And the game is set in 2077, I am sure they can heavily try balancing the revealing outfits between men and women. The important thing is to have variety. Have some women wear sexualized clothes, and have others wear "normal ones." Same with men. All the while making sure both are interesting characters and not just skin.

Oversexualisation is a non-issue.

I'd like to see an exploration of cybernetics and sexuality. Will augmentations become the new sexual ideal in a cyberpunk world? When people see a prosthetic arm in this day and age they tend to think it creepy. Is sexual attraction fluid enough that unenhanced meatbags become undesirable?

And the game is set in 2077, I am sure they can heavily try balancing the revealing outfits between men and women. The important thing is to have variety. Have some women wear sexualized clothes, and have others wear "normal ones." Same with men. All the while making sure both are interesting characters and not just skin.

Where does word "balance" belong in the "living on the edge" or "style over substance" sentences?

Cyberpunk is not supposed to be realistic and balanced, just the opposite.

From what i read, there will be mostly oversexualized characters, since the "augmentation"(or what it will be called now) is used primary for that(and with no surprise) . So yes, there will probably be chicks with big boobs all over the place(OMG i love it already!), but when you get someone like Lady Gaga, she would be walking around with robotic legs on wheels or something wired like that, just to stand out.

Its simply a different world, and i am glad that CDPR is doing it, because they do mature games as they should be done - other developers have a lot to learn from them (and get rid of censoring and licking FOX TV 'backside')

Where does word "balance" belong in the "living on the edge" or "style over substance" sentences?

Cyberpunk is not supposed to be realistic and balanced, just the opposite.

Where does the phrase "living on the edge" contain imbalance when it comes to men and women? Why can't both be living on the edge?

As for style over substance. If that meant that Cyberpunk 2077 will be all style, and no substance, with stylish characters with no depth or personality, then I am sure none of us will be here.

Aver

Forum veteran

If it do then guys don't use it. Last time when I've seen guy with naked torso on the street was two years ago. And last time when I saw girl in mini skirt and with deep neckline was 5 minutes ago :p.

I've always said story should dictate this issue if they want to avoid fanservice. Show skin and sex where the story and setting call for it, problem solved. We can be sure if The Witcher games seemed slanted in a sexist direction ( to some) this game is really going to get their panties in a twist. And so be it. CDPR is not beholden to the modern idea of equality.

If it do then guys don't use it. Last time when I've seen guy with naked torso on the street was two years ago. And last time when I saw girl in mini skirt and with deep neckline was 5 minutes ago :p.

Yea they don't in normal life because it's not considered as acceptable for a mess of reasons that I won't get into now.

But go on Tumblr and follow women, and you'll be seeing a lot of male butt shots on your dash. Last one I saw was a few seconds ago :D

Where does the phrase "living on the edge" contain imbalance when it comes to men and women? Why can't both be living on the edge?

As for style over substance. If that meant that Cyberpunk 2077 will be all style, and no substance, with stylish characters with no depth or personality, then I am sure none of us will be here.

I'm sure both men and women will be taking it to the edge. I just think we won't see too many "normal" people.

Sex is a weapon.
It's 2077 humans have changed. Prosthetics, augmentations and enhancments are not only weapon or necessity, they are in some way sexual tool.
Beautiful skin, piercing eyes, long legs etc. are not only given by mother nature and your parents genes. They can be bought in that world.
That makes them legitimate weapons, in many ways more lethal then any firearms.
Your body is a weapon, your look is your best friend and you can use them.
I think it would be great to be able to use your sexuality in some points of the game.

Exactly, except using physical sexual appeal as a weapon may be more easy for females. An alternative might be augmentations which secrete powerful sexual pheromones and aphrodisiacs.

If CP 2077 does go along the route of gender divergent character development, the male characters should surely receive some compensating ability?

Top Bottom